Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best way Comparing 2 VPS for performance?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The best way Comparing 2 VPS for performance?

I have 2 servers one is with Linode and the other one is with Vultr. I was wondering how and which benchmark script will be the best to compare them for performance. Thank you.

Comments

• @GreenPeace said:
    I have 2 servers one is with Linode and the other one is with Vultr. I was wondering how and which benchmark script will be the best to compare them for performance. Thank you.

Don’t blindly look at standard benchmarks. But instead,

Setup both servers the exact same way and close to similar resources.

Install your softwares.

Load test. If it is a web app (Wordpress for example), something like loader.io would help.

• @seriesn said:

@GreenPeace said:

Don’t blindly look at standard benchmarks. But instead,

Setup both servers the exact same way and close to similar resources.

Install your softwares.

Load test. If it is a web app (Wordpress for example), something like loader.io would help.

Thank you, I am going to install Directdmin on the server to use it with Wordpress.

• DavidAtInfraveoCloudDavidAtInfraveoCloud Member, Patron Provider

@GreenPeace said: Directdmin on the server to use it with Wordpress

If you're going to run WordPress on it, you can also use Apache JMeter to check the measure the performance on both the servers. Keep in mind, this won't justify how the servers are performing because there might be network obstruction in between. But from an end-user perspective, you'll get to know whom to choose.

• This tool seems to be great as it covers almost everything to test the performance of the VPS for most of the tasks.

@GreenPeace said:

Let LET guys know the benchmark results after you perform them on both. I am really interested to know the performance of both with the same specifications.

• @GreenPeace said:

You can use benchmark script like the one below:

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script/master/yabs.sh | bash

• as mentioned by others Yet-Another-Bench-Script is a good choice to perform basic tests. However, you need to make sure that you are the same hardware specs on both. In fact, you can check this yourself using "dd" for disk performance checks and "iperf" for network tests