Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ApisCP 18 year anniversary sale! And updates!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ApisCP 18 year anniversary sale! And updates!

nemnem Member, Host Rep
edited December 2020 in Offers

ApisCP turns 18 on December 26th, which is a great milestone as the codebase can now buy fireworks, purchase spray paint, and get tattoos without parental consent.

To kick the celebration off and help everyone move past 2020, I'm bringing back the popular 50% off discount (coupon code: ANNIVERSARY) valid on all lifetime licenses. This discount is valid until January 1 or reseller support officially launches, whichever happens later.

Pro licenses (no domain limit) are $249, Startup (30 domain limit) is $79, and Mini (10 domain limit) is $49. These are all one-time costs. Licenses may be revoked and reissued as needed via the licensing portal, my.apiscp.com.

On to interesting developments. As we know by now CentOS is flipping upstream to RHEL instead of downstream. I've shared my thoughts on this and logged a few days of build hours on E2E tests. Unless something catastrophic happens by Summer, ApisCP will continue to focus on the Red Hat/CentOS ecosystem to produce the maximum integration afforded by this distro. Having faster release cycles for crucial software like systemd allows me to build more cohesive platforms with less overhead. It's a win.

Technology helps accomplish tasks with better precision. Reseller system, which is next to launch now that the panel proxy is done, uses project quotas and cgroup subtrees to allow overselling with online resource enforcement. Resellers can allocate beyond their package allowances to sites, but the sum of all resources consumed can never exceed the total on the reseller; unlike prevailing reseller systems this is enforced realtime by the OS.

Given the ambitious approach to reseller support, ApisCP will only support resellers on CentOS 8 or Stream with xfs filesystems. ext4 supports project quotas on 4.x kernels; however, I've not explored it to the same extent as xfs project/group/user quotas.

Lastly, panel proxy as touched on earlier allows one to run multiple ApisCP nodes from a single login portal. It's been part of the magic behind Hostineer for the last 5 years and now it's cleaned up for a wider audience. Several great minds in the ApisCP Discord have helped move this along. It's as simple as a couple configuration settings on each node. Panel proxy is broken down into 3 separate components to enhance security. Each component can be run off a free DNS-only license issued via my.apiscp.com. After reseller is implemented, I'll expand upon this to allow admin to jump locations from a single login.

@SGraf wait no more. It's here! :D

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I used to have a free test license but I didn't have the chance to install it back then, so I lost the license.

It looks neat now. Keep it up and it might become the next cPanel.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@Radi said:
    ...become the next cPanel.

not sure if this a compliment or an insult...

@nem said:

sweet :smiley:

Thanked by 1nem
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@SGraf said:

@Radi said:

It's a compliment.. I meant "as widely used as cPanel.. as to be honest it still seems used by most big names in our industry..."

• @Radi said:
    I used to have a free test license but I didn't have the chance to install it back then, so I lost the license.

It looks neat now. Keep it up and it might become the next cPanel.

Haha.. same here.. :(

• FreeBSD please.

• Woot. Good stuff as always my man!!

Thanked by 1nem
  • nemnem Member, Host Rep

@Radi said:

WebPros is holding onto some serious debt, $540 million in fact as a first-lien loan. I can't say there's many upsides to following in their footsteps. :p

@default said:
    FreeBSD please.

Do one thing and do it very well. Doing so would balloon development costs and stall development, neither of which existing users would be elated on hearing. A good platform shouldn't require much - if any - bushwhacking in the terminal. ApisCP isn't free of terminal usage yet, but it's moving positively toward that goal.

• @seriesn said:
    Woot. Good stuff as always my man!!

ApisCP reseller coming soon ?

@webclouddev said:

That's the next module coming online. Working around the clock to get it ready ASAP. First half will be basic reseller support with project quotas. Second half will be resource allocation with cgroup subtrees.

Make sure your server is provisioned as CentOS 8 with xfs to be eligible for reseller support.

Thanked by 2webclouddev seriesn
  • @nem said:

@webclouddev said:

That's the next module coming online. Working around the clock to get it ready ASAP. First half will be basic reseller support with project quotas. Second half will be resource allocation with cgroup subtrees.

Make sure your server is provisioned as CentOS 8 with xfs to be eligible for reseller support.

that sounds amazing

• @nem said:
    ApisCP turns 18 on December 26th, which is a great milestone as the codebase can now buy fireworks, purchase spray paint, and get tattoos without parental consent.

To kick the celebration off and help everyone move past 2020, I'm bringing back the popular 50% off discount (coupon code: ANNIVERSARY) valid on all lifetime licenses. This discount is valid until January 1 or reseller support officially launches, whichever happens later.

Pro licenses (no domain limit) are $249, Startup (30 domain limit) is $79, and Mini (10 domain limit) is $49. These are all one-time costs. Licenses may be revoked and reissued as needed via the licensing portal, my.apiscp.com.

On to interesting developments. As we know by now CentOS is flipping upstream to RHEL instead of downstream. I've shared my thoughts on this and logged a few days of build hours on E2E tests. Unless something catastrophic happens by Summer, ApisCP will continue to focus on the Red Hat/CentOS ecosystem to produce the maximum integration afforded by this distro. Having faster release cycles for crucial software like systemd allows me to build more cohesive platforms with less overhead. It's a win.

Technology helps accomplish tasks with better precision. Reseller system, which is next to launch now that the panel proxy is done, uses project quotas and cgroup subtrees to allow overselling with online resource enforcement. Resellers can allocate beyond their package allowances to sites, but the sum of all resources consumed can never exceed the total on the reseller; unlike prevailing reseller systems this is enforced realtime by the OS.

Given the ambitious approach to reseller support, ApisCP will only support resellers on CentOS 8 or Stream with xfs filesystems. ext4 supports project quotas on 4.x kernels; however, I've not explored it to the same extent as xfs project/group/user quotas.

Lastly, panel proxy as touched on earlier allows one to run multiple ApisCP nodes from a single login portal. It's been part of the magic behind Hostineer for the last 5 years and now it's cleaned up for a wider audience. Several great minds in the ApisCP Discord have helped move this along. It's as simple as a couple configuration settings on each node. Panel proxy is broken down into 3 separate components to enhance security. Each component can be run off a free DNS-only license issued via my.apiscp.com. After reseller is implemented, I'll expand upon this to allow admin to jump locations from a single login.

Seasons greetings! This is great news @nem

I have a couple of free pro licenses. Would reseller support made available or we need to pay separately?

Also, on a side note, is it possible to use this control panel for basic server admin Gui? I dont have a need to run any sites at the moment... just some storage backup and server admin like logs viewing or setting up crons etc.

Also is there a possibility to add a web shell console for the main admin user to run commands on adhoc basis if needed?

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited December 2020

@plumberg said:

I have a couple of free pro licenses. Would reseller support made available or we need to pay separately?

On his discord he once said that no features are market separately, so I suppose yes it's included.

Also, on a side note, is it possible to use this control panel for basic server admin Gui? I dont have a need to run any sites at the moment... just some storage backup and server admin like logs viewing or setting up crons etc.

Also is there a possibility to add a web shell console for the main admin user to run commands on adhoc basis if needed?

I can recommend using Project-Cockpit for this maybe. Apiscp is made for hosting sites so you'd have a lot of stuff installed on your box that you don't need at all. Though he might be cautious with configuration I think it's even more secure to not have it installed if not required.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @webcraft said:

@plumberg said:

On his discord he once said that no features are market separately, so I suppose yes it's included.

Awesome!

I can recommend using Project-Cockpit for this maybe. Apiscp is made for hosting sites so you'd have a lot of stuff installed on your box that you don't need at all. Though he might be cautious with configuration I think it's even more secure to not have it installed if not required.

Ohh cockpit.. completely forgot about that... yes that's perfect!

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@nem said: ApisCP turns 18 on December 26th

ApisCP is litterally older than me

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited December 2020

I purchased the mini lifetime license. I got it as an investment for the future, I think you will become the next "DA success story" as a CP. I also liked the fact that it's transferable ! that's always nice to have ... !

BTW would the reseller module still work on it with 10 domains limit ?

• Hello, I didn't know this panel but i'm looking for newpanel...i have site in prestashop and wordpress can be help?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

Just remember, this not a low-end control panel: it requires significant/substantial resources. Otherwise, I do welcome having ApisCP as an option, even if it is complex in its' structure.

[I'll hold off using in production until (VPS) RAM is much cheaper and SSD/NVMe falls to the price of HDD.]

Thanked by 1chiccorosso

@webcraft said:

Correct.

Create a dummy account so it's shielded from the rest of the server. You can su site1 then run commands as that user or do it from the GUI. Sparingly run things from the administrative side, it's powerful.

Yup it's interoperable, there is no conflict. That'll provide access to system logs.

@PandoGulf said:
    I purchased the mini lifetime license. I got it as an investment for the future, I think you will become the next "DA success story" as a CP. I also liked the fact that it's transferable ! that's always since to have ... !

It'd be hamstrung, but could work within a thin margin. Reseller is a feature enabled by the admin.

@AlwaysSkint said: Just remember, this not a low-end control panel: it requires significant/substantial resource

RAM is cheap. Oversight and the fallout of a hacked server is not. Remember, not everyone is keen to build a house by venturing into the wilderness with a saw.

@seriesn provides a variety of capable configurations with ApisCP that are less than buying a cheeseburger and fries once a week.

• @AlwaysSkint said: Just remember, this not a low-end control panel: it requires significant/substantial resources. Otherwise, I do welcome having ApisCP as an option, even if it is complex in its' structure.

Is 4GB RAM considered "substantial" resources? :joy:

I'm not sure I would run cPanel or Plesk on any less.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Novice question: cgroup

So basically, one won't need Cloud Linux for basic per user restriction. Will every shared hosting A/C be running as separate user then?

• Got it as an investment. Will try out and replace DA when I get time.

• @nem said:

@webcraft said:

Correct.

Create a dummy account so it's shielded from the rest of the server. You can su site1 then run commands as that user or do it from the GUI. Sparingly run things from the administrative side, it's powerful.

Yup it's interoperable, there is no conflict. That'll provide access to system logs.

@PandoGulf said:
    I purchased the mini lifetime license. I got it as an investment for the future, I think you will become the next "DA success story" as a CP. I also liked the fact that it's transferable ! that's always since to have ... !

It'd be hamstrung, but could work within a thin margin. Reseller is a feature enabled by the admin.

@AlwaysSkint said: Just remember, this not a low-end control panel: it requires significant/substantial resource

RAM is cheap. Oversight and the fallout of a hacked server is not. Remember, not everyone is keen to build a house by venturing into the wilderness with a saw.

@seriesn provides a variety of capable configurations with ApisCP that are less than buying a cheeseburger and fries once a week.

Cheaper than Burger King meal with in app discount.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited December 2020

can anyone tell me why it is great/different from others?

i have visited website many and it seems impressive, also some different approach but i don't actually get how it helps me better than others say cyberpanel

i went to buy now button 3-4times but had to stop because i am really not sure whether i need it or not.

PS: after using cyberpanel for 1+ years, for new vps's i am just using openlitespeed with their control panel and vHost Templates which are serving my purpose.

edited December 2020

@Unixfy said: Is 4GB RAM considered "substantial" resources?

It is at the low-end of the market.
    On cPanel, 4GB RAM/40GB Storage is a luxury for the ecommerce package that I run normally. For a non-cPanel instance running Adobe (King of) bloatware Magento 2.3, 4GB is an absolute minimum and insufficient for Magento 2.4.
    Take into account ApisCP approx. 10GB storage, Magento ever expanding 6GB storage, plus RAM requirements and you are at Enterprise levels, not low-end.
    Y'all too used to Windoze mentality. >:)
    A control panel should be there to ease the burden of administration and that is all. Not become a so-called App in its' own right.

Thanked by 1default
  • @AlwaysSkint said:

@Unixfy said: Is 4GB RAM considered "substantial" resources?

It is at the low-end of the market.
    On cPanel, 4GB RAM/40GB Storage is a luxury for the ecommerce package that I run normally. For a non-cPanel instance running Adobe (King of) bloatware Magento 2.3, 4GB is an absolute minimum and insufficient for Magento 2.4.
    Take into account ApisCP approx. 10GB storage, Magento ever expanding 6GB storage, plus RAM requirements and you are at Enterprise levels, not low-end.
    Y'all too used to Windoze mentality. >:)
    A control panel should be there to ease the burden of administration and that is all. Not become a so-called App in its' own right.

This is kind of true. We have evolved so much, but still type commands in terminal like in TOPS20 computing era. We should really create an open source management panel with easy scripts.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • fbmyfbmy Member
    edited December 2020

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Just remember, this not a low-end control panel: it requires significant/substantial resources. Otherwise, I do welcome having ApisCP as an option, even if it is complex in its' structure.

Hey man, I don't understand your "Low End" CP standards. however I am actually running ApisCP on 6 Bucks/year VPS and it is working smoothly. If you think this is still not up to the "low end" standard, maybe you are not ready to use a control panel like ApisCP.

• @fbmy said: I am actually running ApisCP on 6 Bucks VPS

Would be interested to know the specs. and provider.

@fbmy said: ..maybe you are not ready to use a control panel like ApisCP.

No maybes about it. ;) I'll hold off a bit longer and experiment (again), from time to time.

• fbmyfbmy Member
    edited December 2020

@AlwaysSkint
    1gb ram
    1vCPU
    20 SSD
    Virmach

try and join on their discord. you will understand why you need to have ApisCP immediately

edited December 2020

@fbmy said: 1gb ram

This utterly surprises me! :o
    Can you actually run anything productive on it?

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    This utterly surprises me!

Yes I run it on that system with low memory mode

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint