Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudCone Christmas SSD Offers, Improved network, Improved CPUs, starting at $1.99 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudCone Christmas SSD Offers, Improved network, Improved CPUs, starting at $1.99

2»

Comments

• @smallbibi said: If that benchmark script you are using is using the script I am thinking of that was popular 3+ years ago for the dd test, you should be getting around 300 MB/s for SSD. You are getting 225 MB/s now, which is a bit slow, but not unusable for your lamp stack

>
    my website load cpu very high, i tried 2 times but still the same
    Support is not enthusiastic and customer neglect, which is very bad.
    If he solved the problem, switched the node on demand then this would not have happened.

• @swat4 said: Solving trivial problems is not always about who is right and who is wrong. It is about choosing a painless option for both parties. May I ask which package you bought and how much you paid?

>
    55$ / 1 year plan 4gb ram

• @longhuynh said: Support is not enthusiastic and customer neglect, which is very bad.

For unmanaged servers, the support you got was good enough (before they threatened you). You want better support and handholding? Pay for a managed service. If you didn't start a paypal dispute or call your credit card company, I think they shouldn't have threatened you because you posted on LET.

I'm guessing the problem here is you used to pay more for your servers somewhere and was using some fast cpus. Then you come to LET and get yourself a nice, sweet 3x core plan. Sadly you weren't aware the cpus were almost decade-old cpus and of course now your (probably) wordpress site runs slower than your previous setup.

tl;dr It's probably not the i/o

• @smallbibi said: I'm guessing the problem here is you used to pay more for your servers somewhere and was using some fast cpus. Then you come to LET and get yourself a nice, sweet 3x core plan. Sadly you weren't aware the cpus were almost decade-old cpus and of course now your (probably) wordpress site runs slower than your previous setup.

>

I just run the lamp, the CPU load is very high, this affects the customer
    But he threatened me, I think I did nothing wrong. Look at his ticket reply time to know. No big deal but when he brought it up he took it seriously and threw it tos to scare me

• @longhuynh said: I just run the lamp, the CPU load is very high, this affects the customer

Just to let you know, many shared hosting plans have 1 MB/s I/O limit and people can run their lamp stacks just fine. Just take your refund and go. At this moment you're being a pretty bad customer.

Next time, before you buy a vps, ask what the cpu is. It's clear what you need is better cpus.

• @ariq01 said:
    I'm happy customer of CloudCone since last blackfriday with 500GB SSD, 2GB ram, and same specs with yabs above (Intel Xeon E312xx) only $20/yearly.

They are allowed me to use max-cpu (1core) for restore a 100gb+ mysql, which take higher cpu usage than usual after received my bf-vps. :joy:

Excellent service, recommended B)

ntapz soul Sir :heart:

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @smallbibi Their CPUs are not that old.
    Their clarification about CPU model: https://help.cloudcone.com/en-us/article/why-is-the-cpu-model-different-from-what-is-displayed-on-my-servers-manage-page-1by5nrb/ mine is on a Xeon Silver 4214 node.

I have a server with them 15$ year 2core, 2GB ram, 40GB SSD which I got on the last BF deal. So far I used their service a few times (total of around 3months). I was not their regular customer though because of their server location. Mostly I need APAC & the European location server. Till now I had no issue with them. Had a total of 6 tickets & got a very fast reply every time.

Here is the latest benchmark of my server. Had run two times when I initially got the server & the results were pretty much the same as far I remember. Here is GB5 I previously run: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5132430

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2020-12-07

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Sat 26 Dec 2020 06:19:25 PM +06

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU cores : 2 @ 2194.840 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 1.9 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 39.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 98.75 MB/s (24.6k) 1.39 GB/s (21.8k)
    Write 99.01 MB/s (24.7k) 1.40 GB/s (21.9k)
    Total 197.77 MB/s (49.4k) 2.80 GB/s (43.7k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.64 GB/s (3.2k) 1.26 GB/s (1.2k)
    Write 1.73 GB/s (3.3k) 1.34 GB/s (1.3k)
    Total 3.37 GB/s (6.6k) 2.60 GB/s (2.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 438 Mbits/sec | 442 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 441 Mbits/sec | busy
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 424 Mbits/sec | 438 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 381 Mbits/sec | 18.4 Mbits/sec