Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server (Or Reverse Proxy) Ddos Protected Layer 7 HTTP/HTTPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server (Or Reverse Proxy) Ddos Protected Layer 7 HTTP/HTTPS

Hi guys,

as title I am searching a good provider that can protect my sites from layer 7 attacks.
I am new in this word, so I don't know good providers, OVH Game doesn't protect port 80/443.

Budget max: 100€/month. (for dedicated server + protection)

If not a dedicated server, a good reverse proxy.
Thank you so much.

Comments

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

If you’re looking to just protect the web, we offer a solution that’ll mitigate web floods. Open a ticket @ https://console.geeksolutions.ca/

• X4b.net

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • @desperand said:
    X4b.net

too expansive for clean traffic

• Why not use Cloudflare Pro plan?

• @Roldan said:
    Why not use Cloudflare Pro plan?

Cf cannot protects you from l7, just with captcha but is bypassable

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@user54 said:

@Roldan said:

True, Selenium does bypass it, makes it kinda useless.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • You could use HAProxy on a vm to receive the traffic and rate limit it
    https://www.haproxy.com/blog/four-examples-of-haproxy-rate-limiting/

• @Neoon said:

@user54 said:

@Roldan said:

I think you'd need Selenium + Captcha Solving service. Either way it makes DDoS essentially impossible unless your server software is just crap.

edited November 2020

@ehhthing said:

@Neoon said:

@user54 said:

@Roldan said:

I think you'd need Selenium + Captcha Solving service. Either way it makes DDoS essentially impossible unless your server software is just crap.

To an extend only, if as you said, CF puts up Captcha's that does not work.
    But even under attack, Selenium would pass like any normal browser, without captcha's.

So, a targeted Application Layer attack would still be possible, like abusing the search or such.
    Maybe it would be wise, to protect the application itself and not use CF to try to "fix" it.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@user54 said:
    Hi guys,

as title I am searching a good provider that can protect my sites from layer 7 attacks.
    I am new in this word, so I don't know good providers, OVH Game doesn't protect port 80/443.

Thank you so much.

What location are you looking for ?

• I currently have a dedicated server in Netherlands and they protect layer 4 & 7 for free https://my.dedi.al/cart.php?gid=5 and even its DMCA ignored.

• @XiNiX said:

@user54 said:
    Hi guys,

Thank you so much.

What location are you looking for ?

Europe

• @G4SHI said:
    I currently have a dedicated server in Netherlands and they protect layer 4 & 7 for free https://my.dedi.al/cart.php?gid=5 and even its DMCA ignored.

Nice, but l7 for websites?
    How much evil traffic can block?

• bump

any services..?

• Still searching, max 100€

• @user54 said:
    Still searching, max 100€

Would you be interested in a FREE offer?
    I'm doing lots of researches and I need a website under attack to validate my software (will be open source)
    So it will be totally free and will stay free.
    Pm me your details if you are interested to participate in the beta :)

Thanked by 2yoursunny risharde
  • @angelius said:

@user54 said:
    Still searching, max 100€

Would you be interested in a FREE offer?
    I'm doing lots of researches and I need a website under attack to validate my software (will be open source)
    So it will be totally free and will stay free.
    Pm me your details if you are interested to participate in the beta :)

Done.
    Waiting an your response.

• @Neoon said:

Worst fireworks show ever.

• Bump.

• OVH Game Servers with UDP / TCP protection
    • ExtraVM from @MikeA which hosts his games KVM on OVH Game servers
    • i3d.net which is made for games (Ubisoft owns and uses it)

They will not let you customize your L7, but at least i3d and OVH are strong enough to let you do handle your connection on your own. I did this for hard attacked game servers in the past, using XDP and iptables rules ^^. Good luck !

• You can get a VPS or a dedicated server from any provider and then install Imunify360 on it. They have their own firewall for protection against layer 7 attacks.
    You can also use a web server that's called Litespeed web server for layer 7 protection. It works great like Cloudflare's layer 7 protection.
    Another choice is to use Cloudflare directly which is free of cost.
    I don't know if any DDoS protected hosting provider can provide you protection against layer 7 protection as most of them have layer 3 and layer 4 protection only.

• @user54 said:

@Roldan said:

thats crazy when you know its fucking cheap to pay people to do captchas for you all day long.......

• @user54 I can provide you such service. Either hosting (dedicated server or cloud-based infrastracture) with server management plus protection or just reverse proxy-based protection. Usually server management is required to lower costs and make protection more flexible.
    I have experience with any kind and volume of L7 attacks, i configure protection for each website with understanding of its clean traffic patterns and without hassle for visitors. No traffic (volume or b/w) limits here, however if your usual clean traffic exceeds reasonable amounts, price may vary. PM me for more information & contact.

• Bump

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2021

@user54 said:
    Bump

FluxCDN.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164299/why-cloudflare
    (Billing panel is much better and subdomain adding actually works these days).

I mean, it worked for our gaming community out of the box.

limited compared to cloudflare in terms of those nice super extra features, but very reliable in terms of anti-ddos.

The best thing about this is compatibility and protection of super slow and resource expensive sites. If you have sourcebans, thats number 1 way to get destroyed by the attack usually as attacking that gives 10x effect for the attacker than the forums.

Most of attacks come from asia since they are number one proxy sources, and with cloudflare the only method would be displaying hcaptcha 24/7 to our asian gamers, but with FluxCDN it works just fine on sensor mode. Sure if theres an attack, it will display some kind of captcha sometimes depending on what kind of attack it is, but most of the time theres no even browser check page.

I can only recommend it.

• alexgoldalexgold Member, Host Rep

https://www.proginter.co.il
    they have the best DDOS protection against layer 7.

• MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

We can offer you a dedicated machine with L3 L4 and L7 protection.
    If you want to use it for a website we also can offer you only ddos protection for just 5 euro/month. Dm me and i can give you a free trail.