Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSL manager
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSL manager

I have purchased several certificates from Centrinohost recently. I also have 100+ certificates from GeoTrust. What tools / solutions do you use to manage the certificates (CSR, Keys, certificates) etc in a central repository? Currently, i have all emails labelled in Gmail, but, i am sure there is a better way to track it.

Please share your methods of managing SSL certificates, their procurement, setup server details etc.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

folder with a notpad file for each domain haha

• I use KeePass as my password manager and to store my certs aswell..
    Just make an entry and attach files (crt, key, txt, whatever..) and they get encrypted aswell.
    You can even set an expires-date on each entry.

• @plumberg Traditional Notepad is my friend :P

• NetCloudNetCloud Member
    edited September 2013

If you use whm/cpanel and generate certs from there it does a good job of saving all csr/keys/certs, even auto fills keys when you install certs. If not I saw one called SSLTools Manager for Windows, it says for win servers but should work for any certs. Also DigiCert has one (Certificate Utility for Windows) but may work with any certs.

• @noen said:
    I use KeePass as my password manager and to store my certs aswell..
    Just make an entry and attach files (crt, key, txt, whatever..) and they get encrypted aswell.
    You can even set an expires-date on each entry.

• 1 I use KeePassX
  • Thanks, I am using traditional notepad so far, but, was looking for something more efficient to track. Will check KeePass(x).

Thanks

• Have it all in git, where the repo is in an encrypted truecrypt volume. Both certificates, private keys, urls, invoices and such.