Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FrontRangeHosting Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FrontRangeHosting Review

IshaqIshaq Member
edited September 2013 in Reviews

I don't normally review providers because I'm a support contractor and members might get the wrong side of things. However I've decided to start reviewing providers that have a very few or no reviews to give them a chance.

Note: All reviews I make are unbiased and are based on my experience.

Today I'm going to review:

@FRCorey wanted some reviews so I thought since I have a box that's over 3 months old I'd share my experience with them :)

I plan on reviewing by firstly giving a score out of 5 and then a brief review. We're going to look at the following:

Price (how fair the pricing is)

Reliability (of the company)

Support (reply times and helpfulness)

Stability (of the network)

Uptime (of the hardware)

Performance (of the VPS)

Let's start:

Price: ★★★★/5

The price I'm paying ($1 for 128MB and 5GB disk) is fair to say the least, due to the amount of other providers offering 1GB for $19/year, 512MB for $10 a year and so on this seems expensive only because we're all surrounded by it on a daily basis. I think the pricing is very cheap and fair on the provider. Whereas if you buy a high RAM plan for a cheap yearly price it's most likely because they're overselling badly.

Reliability: ★★★★★/5

The company is a registered LLC in the state of Colorado and have been in business for 2 years. Corey seems to know what's he's doing so no problems there.

Support: ★★★★★/5

I haven't used the support at all except for a test live chat which was answered within minutes. I'm rating it 5 only because I received quick responses and no delays during a test chat.

Stability: ★★★★★/5

The network is stable, haven't noticed any outages. I'm able to download at 100Mbps, and sometimes burst up to 150Mbps.

Uptime: ★★★★★/5

In 3 hours I will have 115 days of uptime, no reboots so it's been up since the day I purchased it.

Performance: ★★★★★/5

Access to 4 shared cores on an E5-2620 processor, performs well. The disk's I/O is around 150MB/s. No problems, works well.

That's it. I will be reviewing more providers that don't get many or any reviews when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Comments

• FRH i have box with them...just brought for month in Jan...there service is so good this is 8month with them and FRH is my first leb

• I should say they are very good provider. I have a 384M KVM in denver with them . Good price and great service .

• FrontRange has one of our highest uptimes for the past 30 days - 99.992%
    Solid network - recommended.

• FRH are great. Stable and affordable, can't go wrong with them.

• I signed up for a KVM VPS from Front Range Hosting when a previous offer appeared on LEB. I would give all five stars for Price, Reliability, Support, Stability, Uptime, and Performance as well. My FRH KVM VPS has been up for 168 days without interruption as of 2 September 2013.

Unlike the OP, I have opened a support ticket, and they were great - responsive and fast. (I was asking for advice on how to get IPv6 running on my VPS - they went ahead and did it, and told me what was done so I can repeat it for myself. - which is way above and beyond for an unmanaged, low cost VPS. Sweet!)

Highly recommended.

• That's one nice professionaly made review. Congrats.

@Ishaq said:
    I will be reviewing more providers that don't get many or any reviews when I get a chance.

Without compensation and reposting at other vps hosting forums? Who will be next? Maybe some less known hosting name who don't regularly advertise here? I am all excited ;-)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I had a VPS with FRH for a few months, definitely performed well and was one of the better managed ones I experienced.

• @GuanYu said:
    That's one nice professionaly made review. Congrats.

Thank you.

Without compensation and reposting at other vps hosting forums?

I'm currently only reviewing VPS I pay for, but if this starts to become popular I may start accepting VPS to test and investigate the provider so I can leave a very honest and unbiased review. I did copy this to another forum as it was requested there. However I will not get into forum wars, I'll probably post reviews to both forums.

Who will be next? Maybe some less known hosting name who don't regularly advertise here? I am all excited ;-)

Yes, my plan is to review providers that are good but don't get enough recognition compared to the big names :)

• Thanks @ishaq and everyone else for the support! Ishaq can you post that out to WHT as well?

• @FRCorey Sadly no, I do not like WHT and they'll probably think it's shilling as usual. I'm banned for that reason already.