Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special force raid in Frankfurt DC ???? CIA facility???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Special force raid in Frankfurt DC ???? CIA facility???

Comments

• Fake news.

Thanked by 21nf fLoo
  • TF is this shit. Right wing fake news. They are trying to say that US Soldiers raided a CIA server farm in Germany and someone got killed?? How do you believe that shit?

• Well i dont, but had to share it since it was mindblowing - and because it could be true since it is US related :D :D :p

Thanked by 1DrSlime
  • If you want reliable news about germany in english, there is Deutschewelle

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • I just lost brain cells reading that.

• Just shows datacenter security has more firepower than special forces.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@pike said:
    If you want reliable news about germany in english, there is Deutschewelle

Uhm, while I do share your impression that OP highly likely is fake news I'm shocked that you call Deutsche Welle, a propaganda outlet of the government, "reliable".

• @jsg said:

@pike said:

Uhm, while I do share your impression that OP highly likely is fake news I'm shocked that you call Deutsche Welle, a propaganda outlet of the government, "reliable".

Well, they reliably report on the government, no? :wink: there is no such thing as reliable or neutral news outlet, but I would guess that DW is far away from a fake news outlet. There are better sources in German, but they all are politically aligned.

@sgheghele said:

@jsg said:

@pike said:

Well, they reliably report on the government, no? :wink: there is no such thing as reliable or neutral news outlet, but I would guess that DW is far away from a fake news outlet. There are better sources in German, but they all are politically aligned.

Obviously ALL government funded "news" are bent and often simply propaganda. But DW is a particularly bad choice because its very reason to exist is propaganda, that's what it was created for.

I'd love to know and recommend some unbiased and reasonably reliable news sources in european countries but I do not know any. When I'm interested enough in some matter I tend to look at different sources and media trying to gain an understanding that at least halfway matches reality.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • CIA always like to make every facts to be fake.

• @jsg said: When I'm interested enough in some matter I tend to look at different sources and media trying to gain an understanding that at least halfway matches reality.

That's the only way, really. To find at least one good reliable source aligned on one side and one on the other, and compare. More sources if time and money allow for it.

Thanked by 2jsg that_guy
  • @jsg said:
    Obviously ALL government funded "news" are bent and often simply propaganda. But DW is a particularly bad choice because its very reason to exist is propaganda, that's what it was created for.

DW as all german public broadcasting stations is not funded by the government but by the german citizens.

@pike said:
    DW as all german public broadcasting stations is not funded by the government but by the german citizens.

Hair-splitting. Being at it: no, there are private german stations too afaik, but they are hardly more trustworthy.

• @pike said: DW as all german public broadcasting stations is not funded by the government but by the german citizens.

while I agree with the suggestion that 'öffentlich-rechtliche' stations are more likely to be somewhat reliable and honest (not neccessarily neutral), sadly this particular detail is not true.

yes, there is the common funding through the Rundfunkbeitrag paid directly by the citizens (rather forced upon them) - however DeutscheWelle while being part of the ARD group does not get any money from that as far as I know.
    instead they're funded directly from the Bundeshaushalt/taxes ( source: https://www.dw.com/en/who-finances-dw/a-36767785 )

however, as said, I agree on the point that usually public broadcasting stations are a better choice than private ones, as the latter especially around here are definitely more influenced by either left or right wing, depending on the owner...

• @Falzo thank you very much, didn't knew that.

@jsg you're free to believe whatever you like.

@pike said:
    @jsg you're free to believe whatever you like.

Thank you so much for your generosity! However it's not "believing" but a fact that there are non-state broadcasters, too.

But you are of course free to believe that gov. or non-gov. media are trustworthy

Thanked by 1pike
  • @sgheghele said:
    That's the only way, really. To find at least one good reliable source aligned on one side and one on the other, and compare.

A man with a watch knows what time it is.
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

Thanked by 2vimalware that_guy
  • @lowprofile said:
    Well i dont, but had to share it since it was mindblowing - and because it could be true since it is US related :D :D :p

Got a typo there, "US related" = "BS related" :smiley: