Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who are the worst VPS providers or most suspect? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who are the worst VPS providers or most suspect?

2»

Comments

• Virtono

• The best vps I liked:
    1. ramnode (cheap and solid)
    2. vultr (fast and solid)
    3. virmach (low end price but solid)
    4. hosthatch (good pricing on storage types)

I have used all of them for long days, so say this.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said: I'd also give a special award to the guy who won the ColoCrossing startup promo a few years ago. A number of people wrote up business plans and presented them. CC picked one and gave the winner a server for free for six months...and then the guy never did anything with it.

Nah nah nah that shit was rigged.

You know how I know? The winner was the guy that was running/maintaining the #lowendtalk discord.

Francisco

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: Nah nah nah that shit was rigged.

Rigged? Weren't you one of the judges?

Maybe we're not referring to the same thing...I was thinking of this:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lowendbox-kickstarter-competition/

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lowendbox-kickstarter-competition-winner/

• @Francisco said:

@raindog308 said: I'd also give a special award to the guy who won the ColoCrossing startup promo a few years ago. A number of people wrote up business plans and presented them. CC picked one and gave the winner a server for free for six months...and then the guy never did anything with it.

Nah nah nah that shit was rigged.

You know how I know? The winner was the guy that was running/maintaining the #lowendtalk discord.

Francisco

Well, he did say, "CC picked one".

@raindog308 said: Rigged? Weren't you one of the judges?

Is that the one Derek one or another one? I was sure there as 2 - 3 kickstarter attempts where 1 person had a pretty good plan but they never got it off the ground for one reason or another.

The one Derek won was the rigged one.

Francisco

@TimboJones said: Well, he did say, "CC picked one".

Ah yes, the Iraqi elections. 99% for Sadam and the other 1% were executed.

Francisco

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: Is that the one Derek one or another one?

The one I linked was the @zhuanyi one.

@raindog308 said: The one I linked was the @zhuanyi one.

OK, so I was right then, there was more than 1 kickstarter :) That one was good from what I recall, it just never got off the ground.

Francisco

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

So many VPS providers I see look like losangelesvps website where it looks like some
    sort of script created it

I think this is due to the hostiko-Theme being very popular :-)

• keep away from @quadhost lots of downtimes no answer to support...

Thanked by 2JasonM lowendboi
  • Same here from @quadhost , my small vps is down and no reply to tickets.... That's sad because i was quite happy with them. I think it's time to move on....

• You have to find who fits your requirements

I.e

I have managed vps with nexusbytes, unmanaged storage vps with them too.... no issues

I've got a torrent box with hostslick... its had a few issues but mostly been great (it was also very cheap).... it has a few blips on the zabbix monitoring system (also with nexusbytes)

I've had services with other providers and the tickets went unanswered.... for very long times

However I tend to find (maybe its where I'm looking) .... cheap hosting (vps or shared hosting) usually comes at the cost of quality and that might be support quality or service quality (very loaded node)

Its like the saying goes (generally) you get what you pay for .... not always true but most of the time .... for example nexusbytes full managed service is a fraction of the price of other providers .... yet he always seems to respond within the hour (perfectly acceptable for me)

Chip

Thanked by 1seriesn