Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congrats to LowEndBox Giveaway Winners!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Congrats to LowEndBox Giveaway Winners!

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

The LowEndBox Subscriber Giveaway drawing yesterday and by random chance, it appears that [email protected] won every single prize! Wow! What are the odds?!?

The LowEndBox Subscriber Giveaway winners were chosen by sorting all confirmed mailing list members and then picking 13 random numbers via random.org.

If you won a prize you should have received an email a few minutes ago.

I'm not going to post emails here but I will post the names. Since the mailing list is not integrated with LET/LEB usernames, there isn't a correlation to accounts.

Raspberry Pi dianpratama8
Raspberry Pi vzlaxsmoke

Netgear maxpower2k

RackNerd Credit unseikan
RackNerd Credit maverickperfect
RackNerd Credit surrealillusion
RackNerd Credit ep.siluneridani
RackNerd Credit bhickleton95
RackNerd Credit a
RackNerd Credit pral20
RackNerd Credit newpolax
RackNerd Credit info+lowendbox (not a lowendbox.com email - someone filtering mail)
RackNerd Credit patel.dev.d

Congrats to everyone who won! Thanks to @dustinc for the prizes and @jbiloh for organizing the drawing.

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Thanks to @raindog308 for running this and to @Dustinc for contributing the prizes.

Looking forward to many more giveaways in the future sponsored by other providers (if you are interested let @raindog308 know!).

All winners have been contacted via email.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • Congratz to winners, who ever they are :)

Thanked by 2PandoGulf corbpie
  • That's a nice surprise for someone. Congrats to all the winners!

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • @OsirisBlack said:
    Congrats to all the winners!

One day I will win something, so thanks in advance.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Congratulations to the winners! Super happy for you guys - and for those who didn't win, not to worry, we'll be contributing more giveaways. And the goal is for other providers to step in and offer some too! Which is a great way for the community members to obtain freebies!

Thank you @raindog308 for your help on this. And for @jbiloh and all other moderators, and admins for their amazing work.

• Congrats to winners!

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • Thank You Rackned @dustinc & LowEndBox for the Raspberry Pi Kit!

since I've used my luck on this, I think now something bad gonna is coming... 🤔

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • Congratulations to the winners! :)

Thanked by 1PandoGulf

@DianTama said:
    Thank You Rackned @dustinc & LowEndBox for the Raspberry Pi Kit!

Nice win! Congratulations. You do have luck, mind sharing with us the luck?

Now it's time to buy a lotto ticket :# And share with all of us :D

• I JUST WON !!!!!!

Thanks @jbiloh and @dustinc for the giveaway !

RackNerd Credit a

Thanked by 2dustinc azeem

@PandoGulf said:

I JUST WON !!!!!!

Thanks @jbiloh and @dustinc for the giveaway !

RackNerd Credit a

Great win!

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

Congrats guyss

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • Poor Ol' Godslayer doesnt even get racknerd stickers :(

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

Ha ha .... Congrats @raindog308

• @jbiloh are you aware that mailing list "Unsubscribe" does not work properly? I still getting emails even if I unsubed.

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited November 2020

thank you all

• Congrats to all the winners!
    Congrats om @DianTama

Thanked by 1DianTama

@LTniger said:
    @jbiloh are you aware that mailing list "Unsubscribe" does not work properly? I still getting emails even if I unsubed.

It should work just has to be processed. The system is a little behind because of all the posts for BF but you should be removed within 48 hours~.

• @DianTama said:
    Thank You Rackned @dustinc & LowEndBox for the Raspberry Pi Kit!

Congrats Oms, you're number uno :lol:

Thanked by 1DianTama
  • tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited December 2020

@jbiloh said: removed within 48 hours

after getting aaaall the mails leb would send.. nice send them twice

• Congrats to the winners. Thank you @raindog308 and @dustinc for doing this giveaway.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2020

Is it normal I still keep receiving emails today on LEB posts from 11/27? Most of the deals are for black friday. :confused: Unsubscribe didn't work either still keeps coming in.

image.png

• @ddhhz said:
    Is it normal I still keep receiving emails today on LEB posts from 11/27? Most of the deals are for black friday. :confused: Unsubscribe didn't work either still keeps coming in.

image.png

I had to click unsubscribe because it became even more annoying than random whatsapp message. + Email notifications are important so I have to check everytime it rings.

Thanked by 1ddhhz

Unsubscribe requests should be handled within 48 hours.

• @jbiloh said:

Thanks for your reply. I was just letting you know and asking if this is working as intended as others may be encountering the same problem (New post emails every 15-60 min from old posts as early as 2 weeks ago)

I would loved to have received some of these email posts when they're fresh not days after the sale. : D I hope the mail will stop in 48 hours will resubscribe after this issue has been resolved. Keep up the good work~

Thanked by 1default
  • Congrats to the winner

• @jbiloh said:

actually if we can have a preference for subscription like

• send all notification
    • send once a day

that would be great and inbox friendly too.

• Yes. Confirming. I still receive emails of days ago. The offers are best when served fresh, like vegetables.

Also would have been an interesting to see a summary of multiple Black Friday offers in just a single email. Personally, I would have loved to receive on Black Friday morning a single email message, with multiple great offers created just for subscribers of LEB - now that would have made me feel special, not some 1% chance to get a router or SBC.

• I also got those LEB newsletter emails from the past. Would also love to get them served fresh and less often.

The intention of the email system was to send updates of new offers for Black Friday within one hour of their posting. The problem is the subscribers list grew so quickly and we had so many offers (over 30) that we began hitting our hourly send limits. That means there began to grow a multi dya back log of sending. And that's why you may be getting emails from an offer from a day or two ago.

Lesson learned on this. We will do better next year and will certainly have plenty of improvements made over the course of the next few months on this project.

Thanks for everyone's understanding. :)