Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Dedicated Server ASAP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Dedicated Server ASAP

MorpheusxenoMorpheusxeno Member
edited November 2020 in General

Prefer not to spend more than 50, since there is alot of deals going on
IPMI is a must,
Prefer Ryzen or something with a good cpu bench , No crappy E3 1230 v3 cpus >.>
13GB ram minimal
128GB SSD Minimal
DDoS Protection,
Prefer central USA, Not trying to get too picky with location but has to be in USA

Blow up my in box, assault me with offers, Its go time! I'll send 25$ to anyone that finds me a deal which leads to a purchase.

Comments

• @Morpheusxeno said:
    Prefer not to spend more than 50, since there is alot of deals going on
    IPMI is a must,
    Prefer Ryzen or something with a good cpu bench , No crappy E3 1230 v3 cpus >.>
    13GB ram minimal
    128GB SSD Minimal
    DDoS Protection,
    Prefer central USA, Not trying to get too picky with location but has to be in USA

Blow up my in box, assault me with offers, Its go time! I'll send 10$ to anyone that finds me a deal which leads to a purchase.

https://www.hoponenetworks.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

• MorpheusxenoMorpheusxeno Member
    edited November 2020

They charge extra to have IPMI on a ryzen. Wasnt something I was going to wait around for, They would have to cancel my existing order, and start a new order. Already wasted 36 hours of time with them. They also do not have DDoS Protection.

Keep em commin

• @Morpheusxeno said:

They charge extra to have IPMI on a ryzen. Wasnt something I was going to wait around for, They would have to cancel my existing order, and start a new order. Already wasted 36 hours of time with them. They also do not have DDoS Protection.

Keep em commin

Fair enough, apologies

• Still looking for a server if anyone has one in mind.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Check out the server hub black Friday deal on lowendbox.

Thanked by 1Morpheusxeno
  • Will do Thank you.

edited November 2020

Does Server Hub have ddos protection? I don't see it on their site. The prices are bad ass.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@Morpheusxeno said:
    Does Server Hub have ddos protection? I don't see it on their site. The prices are bad ass.

ServerHub does not provide DDoS Protection, if they do its very basic / low filtering.

• Still looking, sorry for the small delay. I was offered an excellent setup however it fell through. Seller pulled out.

In avoidance of wasting anyone's time please offer me something you can back 100% I intend on maintaining the server for minimal of 2 years.

• You could get ryzen with that price on EU, but on US, good luck..

• Yeah Ive seen EU prices, very nice. Must be in USA though

• Ask them if the 3600s are still available:
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1830206

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2020

E3-1230 V3 are not as trash as you said, they are quit capable. What are you going to do on that dedi? Data crunching? Data Science? ML?

Well Ryzen is not a server CPU, EPYC is, which is why that vendor didn't have IPMI. Some providers do offer IPMI but they are using a more high end board. Kids be like "Ryzen buy buy buy anywhere because yes" but not all Ryzen providers do their build the same. Is quite the custom config to get a Ryzen build kind of enterprise grade. Of course if you are paying cheapo you can't really expect too much.

If you are looking for Ryzen dedicated cores, BuyVM slices might be the thing you need.

Is almost guaranteed you are not going to find a DECENT RYZEN dedi server build , not the cheap Ryzen CPU's, I'm talking the high end Ryzen CPU models for $50/mo in USA.

Which are the high end Ryzen CPU:
    -Ryzen 9 5900X,
    -Ryzen 9 3950X,
    -Ryzen 7 5800X,
    -Ryzen Threadripper 3960X

You get the idea.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 vimalware
  • @AC_Fan said:
    Ask them if the 3600s are still available:
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1830206

They never responded to my emails

• @Hxxx said:
    E3-1230 V3 are not as trash as you said, they are quit capable. What are you going to do on that dedi? Data crunching? Data Science? ML?

Well Ryzen is not a server CPU, EPYC is, which is why that vendor didn't have IPMI. Some providers do offer IPMI but they are using a more high end board. Kids be like "Ryzen buy buy buy anywhere because yes" but not all Ryzen providers do their build the same. Is quite the custom config to get a Ryzen build kind of enterprise grade. Of course if you are paying cheapo you can't really expect too much.

If you are looking for Ryzen dedicated cores, BuyVM slices might be the thing you need.

Is almost guaranteed you are not going to find a DECENT RYZEN dedi server build , not the cheap Ryzen CPU's, I'm talking the high end Ryzen CPU models for $50/mo in USA.

Which are the high end Ryzen CPU:
    -Ryzen 9 5900X,
    -Ryzen 9 3950X,
    -Ryzen 7 5800X,
    -Ryzen Threadripper 3960X

You get the idea.

I'm asking for a ryzen specifically. I've used many different instances of dedicated / shared platforms.

I'm asking for ryzen because that's what I want. I've found numerous ryzen builds for 47-64$ but they don't have sufficient ddos protection.

So while you're almost guaranteeing me I won't find a build, I'll keep looking. Thanks for the optimistic out look though.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Morpheusxeno BuyVM @Francisco has DDoS protection and anything over 4GB of ram gets you Dedicated vCores.
    They run Ryzen.

• What happened to Zion Mainframe?

• I have services with Francisco already, I love his service, Ive only had one issue in 5 years that he resolved within 5-10 minutes.

I do not want a virtual machine. and I need 13 GB of ram minimal. Along with some really beefy CPU. I cant use just a couple cores. A VM in this case would cost excessively more.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2020

My friend @Morpheusxeno , do you need this raw power 24/7 all month?

Because if not (let's say you are doing ML or data crunching) then you could use services from cloud providers that do hourly billing and actually have some pretty beefy CPU's, latest on the market.

-Linode,
    -Digital Ocean,
    -VULTR,

just to name a few of the one with hardcore performant CPU's that you could use for your advantage. Let's say you need this thing for 4 hours two times a month... well no problem deploy a dedicated CPU instance with 32 cores or something crazy like that, it will be super cheap if you don't forget to destroy it after you are done.

You could use their snapshot feature to prevent setting up manually all over again on each iteration. Just deploy from the snapshot.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Hxxx as far as I know DO does not offer ddos protection.

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

We have E-22xx available at KnownHost. DDoS protection, IPMI, etc.

E-2236 or E-2288G would give you great single-thread performance.

I could extend the 15% BF/CM coupon to you (it technically expired Wednesday).

• @jonathanspw said:
    We have E-22xx available at KnownHost. DDoS protection, IPMI, etc.

E-2236 or E-2288G would give you great single-thread performance.

I could extend the 15% BF/CM coupon to you (it technically expired Wednesday).

I'll take a look at your offers tonight (3hr from now)

edited December 2020

I like both of those CPU's lets hookup and talk over discord or something.

• Still looking for a dedicated ryzen or something equal in power.

• Youy may need to raise your budget.$50 a month wont get you Ryzen power.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

GorillaServers had Ryzens under $50 some time ago.

• @thedp said:

Ive send them message on cyber monday. No response till now. Sounds like a joke, not reliable company.

• @dodheimsgard said:

@thedp said:

Ive send them message on cyber monday. No response till now. Sounds like a joke, not reliable company.

Same boat.

edited December 2020

@hotlineservers said:
    Youy may need to raise your budget.$50 a month wont get you Ryzen power.

I'm not completely rigid on 50. It's a baseline estimate. I have people offering me 110+ when I've seen them for less than 50.

It also doesn't have to be a ryzen, something similar in power would be okay

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@hotlineservers said:
    Youy may need to raise your budget.$50 a month wont get you Ryzen power.

It is possible to find Ryzen 5 at $50-$55/mo.