Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• So you are not offering Window VPS package anymore?

• Good morning! Are there any amazing offers?

• Where is the bus?

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • There is either no sale running or we’re facing technical difficulties that will be shortly resolved. Thanks.

:( :( :(

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Edmond said: Website looks like it’s dead and there hasn’t even been a deal to crash the website yet...

There's definitely people loading it in waves so someone's seeing something.

• Getting this in both Chrome and Edge (Chromium based version):
    https://i.imgur.com/RkaNWrZ.png

• @VirMach said: There's

soemthing wrong... it seems no deal change in last 2 hours

• This is so strange last years there was a shit ton of traffic and you had no problem handling it, and now it seems like @Virmach is run by totally different folks. Funny!

• @VirMach said:

Answering you here since it's more relevant to this set of offers: these are Linux only. Later on, we may or may not offer trial Windows on these as an ISO option but you would have to be more careful about your usage since Windows is a CPU/IO hog.

Will we have more windows flash deal this year or will it be like last year less of them.

Btw...I'm so torn about this flash sale. I want it and I don't want it. I can't resist the urge to buy buy buy....

@FAT32 said:
    Sorry for spamming but have you heard of the no aff no BS VirMach Flash Sale tracker?

YEAH! RETURN OF THE TRACKER!!!

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • germaniumgermanium Member
    edited December 2020

Judging by my inbox it looks like I've somehow managed to get a KVM-Special-512 despite the website crashing every time I tried to pay. :) Unfortunately I've somehow managed to pay twice for one VPS. :/

• Invoice #1122962
    cancelled despite payment. after critical error/database error

• Is there a doctor DBA in the house?! :)

• is there a flash sale ?

• @tridinebandim said: is there a flash sale ?

There is either no sale running or we’re facing technical difficulties that will be shortly resolved. Thanks.

https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @FairShare said:
    @VirMach Any Windows VPS deals in the pipeline ??

@billionaire said:
    So you are not offering Window VPS package anymore?

I could be wrong, but as far as I know VirMach offers Windows on all VPSes with 1GB RAM or above? I don't think you need a Windows-specific plan, unless something changed in the past year?

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2020

@EHRA said:

@tridinebandim said: is there a flash sale ?

There is either no sale running or we’re facing technical difficulties that will be shortly resolved. Thanks.

https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/

Try this (from the first post):

Alternatively, try loading this page once and solve the captcha:
    http://billing.virmach.com/modules/addons/blackfriday/new_plan.json

@pbx said: This is so strange last years there was a shit ton of traffic and you had no problem handling it, and now it seems like @Virmach is run by totally different folks. Funny!

It's almost as if the database is much larger, the newer version of WHMCS is more performance-intensive, and last year we still had a ton of problems. We also have much higher traffic/visits this year.

Anyway, the new webserver is almost up so maintenance should be complete soon.

Thanked by 3saibal pbx qq1316
  • @VirMach said: maintenance should be complete soon.

Famous last words.

Thanked by 1tgaa
  • randomqrandomq Member
    edited December 2020

@virmach can't actually click images on your captcha... So annoying.

ETA: glitchy JavaScript, had to restart my browser.

Thanked by 1tgaa
    edited December 2020

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: maintenance should be complete soon.

Famous last words.

All set, and you know what I'm putting the same sale that took us down at $20.07* for $8.88, that's how much more confident I am in this server. Now it's famous last words.

Thanked by 2user123 maple
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said: that's how much more confident I am in this server. Now it's famous last word

Guess what? It's dead already. Even with that crazy captcha going 24/7.

:D

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: that's how much more confident I am in this server. Now it's famous last word

It's timing out due to some other reason, definitely not the server itself overloading this time. Good news is we're at 5-10% CPU usage, 7% memory usage and no disk wait on the new webserver. Versus 90%+ and 80%+ memory and high disk wait on the previous.

Some config tweaks should get it better.

• @VirMach said:

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: maintenance should be complete soon.

Famous last words.

All set, and you know what I'm putting the same sale that took us down at $20.07* for $8.88, that's how much more confident I am in this server. Now it's famous last words.

The downtime is pretty sad.

• @VirMach said:

@JabJab said:

It's timing out due to some other reason, definitely not the server itself overloading this time. Good news is we're at 5-10% CPU usage, 7% memory usage and no disk wait on the new webserver. Versus 90%+ and 80%+ memory and high disk wait on the previous.

But it's slow :(

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Oh, well. Let's see how long it takes for the Hostloc army to stop by and "complain" again...

• 502 Bad Gateway!

• @randomq said:
    502 Bad Gateway!

Or 524 timeout

@dTQzBen8 said:

@VirMach said:

@JabJab said:

But it's slow :(

Still need to update the settings, I'm measuring data right now to see what I should change them to for improvements, and this way I know how much resources we have left to work with on the server.

Should be a lot better soon.

• @VirMach said:

Should be a lot better soon.

Soon™

Thanked by 1TimboJones