Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question regarding OVH Black Friday 2019 deal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question regarding OVH Black Friday 2019 deal

Hello all! As I remember the OVH black friday 2019 deal was RECURING but they seem to have billed me full price. I can't seem to find the thread here now. So can anyone please confirm that their 2019 deal for $17.88 is recurring or offer is only valid for first year? Thanks!

Comments

• Its https://us.ovhcloud.com by the way...

• Someone on the hostloc forum said the renewal fee was $35.88

• Found more info: https://web.archive.org/web/20191130174548/https://us.ovhcloud.com/black-friday#collapse13741

Which states:

"How long are the Black Friday promotional prices good for?

Black Friday promotional pricing will be grandfathered into the subscription and will remain in place for the life of the subscription."

I was billed $35.88 as well... Do we have someone from OVH US here? As I remember we do have one. Anyone please tag him?

• I got also billed for regular pricing. Maybe @OVHcloud_james want to comment on this?
    Since he was the one who confirmed earlier that it should be recurring pricing
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3047751#Comment_3047751

Thanked by 2yorkchou dtoker
  • I also got the invoice of $35.88 :s

Thanked by 1dtoker
  • A bit of upsetting since they also don't send an invoice prior to renewal. They just automatically bill you without knowing the amount you will be billed. Don't think that is right at all...

Thanked by 2openos MissFortune
  • I didn't expect this advance in price! :s

• @wl4236820 said:
    Don't know if it's true or not?
    https://i.loli.net/2020/12/01/1SYPTCJadlr8p2I.png

what??? $35.88/m? :o

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited December 2020

wait the truth

• wait the truth +1

• I received an invoice of $35.88 as well

• W-T-F
    DhfwI1.md.png

• prices not recurring and autobilled no prior notice :s

• They should definitely correct this. It clearly states on the deal page that its grandfathered at the price we paid for and its confirmed by their support as well. Submitted support ticket if anyone got response earlier from their support please share it here as well as this is clearly not right.

• WTF, 35.88 dollars only 1 month service ?????

• @Mrali said:
    WTF, 35.88 dollars only 1 month service ?????

It should be a display error. On 17.88 dollars last year, it was also displayed for one month

• Gotten a response now:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OVHcloud Support. We are aware of the issue that has affected your renewal price and are working diligently to remedy the situation.

We will provide you timely updates on the status of this fix as we work to correct any discrepancies that have occurred.

Please refrain from creating additional tickets for this issue as it slows down the resolution process.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Brian P.
    Manager, OVHcloud Support

So hold on tight guys should be sorted out soon!

• MxlMxl Member
    edited December 2020

2019 Ticket:
    Thank you for reaching out to OVHcloud US Sales!

This price is grandfathered for the life of the subscription. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
    Jeremy S
    Manager, Growth & Retention
    OVHcloud US

• Here is their support reply

Thanked by 1dtoker
  • So anyone got their over paid bills refunded yet? Still have to hear from them...

• @dtoker said:
    So anyone got their over paid bills refunded yet? Still have to hear from them...

the new invoice already change to $17.88 now, but the old invoice of $35.88 is still there, still no resolution currently.

Thanked by 1dtoker
  • Still no resolution as well... New invoices paid for $17.88 and support has not been responding.

• @dtoker said:
    Still no resolution as well... New invoices paid for $17.88 and support has not been responding.

the latest reply about 1 hour ago:

Hello,

Again, thank you for your patience while we work through this ongoing issue.

As mentioned in previous updates, we have identified the issue and are diligently working to get a resolution in place and correct the invoices that were sent to you.

Please look for another progress update later today.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience. I am happy to tell you that we have a resolution for the billing error on your renewal invoice.

Over the next several days, all accounts affected by this billing issue will be refunded for the incorrect amount charged to you on your recent renewal. Once generated, this refund may take a few days to reach your account.

During this time, no servers will be suspended for non-payment.

Once all of the refunds have been processed, we will begin re-billing all affected accounts for the correct renewal price for the 2019 Black Friday promotion.

I will provide additional updates when we expect the re-billing process to begin.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked through the resolution process.

Your understanding is very much appreciated and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Thanked by 1openos
  • @dtoker said: A bit of upsetting since they also don't send an invoice prior to renewal. They just automatically bill you without knowing the amount you will be billed. Don't think that is right at all...

Yeah! I was about to file a dispute lol.

• @MissFortune said:

@dtoker said: A bit of upsetting since they also don't send an invoice prior to renewal. They just automatically bill you without knowing the amount you will be billed. Don't think that is right at all...

Yeah! I was about to file a dispute lol.

OVH US may look into its billing automation system and may fix as early as possible the glitch involved. A small glitch though, a giant/massive collateral damage.