Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 403
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• Woohoo I am back after sleep and site is still down. Great!!!

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@alilet said: Woohoo I am back after sleep and site is still down. Great!!!

The site shouldn't be down, maybe you're getting blocked?

@imok said: @VirMach you have storage packages? are you able to make a deal in Dallas for 1TB?

Those will most likely not end up going on sale because last I checked they're pretty much out of stock. Good-ish news though, we're sourcing parts for storage plans in Los Angeles and we're trying to roll them out with the Ryzens (although storage servers may not end up being Ryzen themselves, we'll see.)

Thanked by 1alilet
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2020

Thanked by 1saibal
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Easing in very slowly. Once we go down we have to do maintenance and try to move the webserver+mysql so we'll tread lightly for now.

Thanked by 3MasonR FAT32 JabJab
  • Nothing is starting. If it would be starting @VirMach would be more excited!

@JabJab said:
    Nothing is starting. If it would be starting @VirMach would be more excited!

I mean... it appears it has even though nothing shows up on the VirMach BF page. Just got a notification ping of an orderable product from @FAT32's tracker.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • So it started!
    Woooo

except no strage, no Europe, literally no idea what I want to snipe. 8 cores deals or 3$/year things only, I guess :<

• (index):1 Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://billing.virmach.com/modules/addons/blackfriday/new_plan.json' from origin 'https://virmach.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource

Not working :D

@MasonR said: I mean... it appears it has even though nothing shows up on the VirMach BF page. Just got a notification ping of an orderable product from @FAT32's tracker.

I think there's a bug where you have to load it and if it says technical issues, you reload it to activate the Cloudflare captcha and begin your captcha journey.

@JabJab said: except no strage, no Europe, literally no idea what I want to snipe. 8 cores deals or 3$/year things only, I guess :<

We might have Europe. There's around 4,000 VMs that need to be terminated right now and some should be there as well so the script may sneak some in. We're working on terminating these as the sale goes on so it fills in servers more accurately.

Basically what happened was... WHMCS and SolusVM aren't good and neither is the module we use to connect them so sometimes VMs are created that take up space and we've been neglecting the cleanup. There are also 500~ terminations that didn't take effect correctly on our automated credit refunds and 1,000~ VMs that I probably personally spun up and never deleted. Yes, I will always be the biggest idler, even compared to some of you guys.

Thanked by 2JabJab plumberg

@VirMach said: and 1,000~ VMs that I probably personally spun up and never deleted. Yes, I will always be the biggest idler, even compared to some of you guys.

Well, well, well... look at the balls on this guy.

Laxing some rules, let me know if you guys have any specific suggestions.

Right now I noticed the JSON was too restrictive when it was updating so the limit's been changed there.

• @MasonR said:

@JabJab said:
    Nothing is starting. If it would be starting @VirMach would be more excited!

I mean... it appears it has even though nothing shows up on the VirMach BF page. Just got a notification ping of an orderable product from @FAT32's tracker.

Same here.

• Now the main sell page is working and loading content. Awesome, progress, now please drop a bomb and WATCH THE WHMCS SERVER BURN.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1imok
  • There is either no sale running or we’re facing technical difficulties that will be shortly resolved. Thanks.

It broke?

• There is nothing now.

However if you had that website running earlier you will end with funny shit.

@VirMach please fix - empty offer = hide shit?

• Buffalo running :)

Thanked by 3imok ddhhz FAT32
  • A cheap vps with 1GB RAM so I can go to sleep the whole week.

• imokimok Member
    edited December 2020

Fuck Chrome blocking everything with an expired/private SSL (home router admin page, ipmi, cameras and more)

• and the deals page broken again, same complains about cnanot load file

RIP

• Okey, I am out, time to sleep.

Good luck with those deals - let the WHMCS not catch fire, let @imok get a great deal.

• @saibal said:
    What would be VirMach's first offer this year?

Bringing back old memories. 25.11.2018:

VirMach Black Friday VPS OpenVZ

• Is "undefined" ram/disk/bw the new "unlimited"? :trollface:

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2020

I'm seeing things on the BF/CM page off and on.
    @VirMach Are you still testing?

EDIT: Off again. It has been a long week. I am going to sleep like rip van winkle.

@DataRecovery said:

@saibal said:
    What would be VirMach's first offer this year?

Bringing back old memories. 25.11.2018:

VirMach Black Friday VPS OpenVZ

This was quite possibly the worst thing to follow up the $19 deal that crashed the site for half an hour.

Thanked by 2ddhhz saibal

I made some tweaks that should hopefully keep the database from crashing. This does not necessarily mean there aren't other negative trade-offs and pages, in general, might load slower, but they should at least actually load now.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach The planid is not defined when it is in stock, is this a bug? I am double counting the plans right now because previously that's the identifier

@FrankZ said: I'm seeing things on the BF/CM page off and on.

@VirMach Are you still testing?

We have two 16-core servers ready to migrate the servers onto, but I'm trying to avoid this for as long as possible because it would be time-consuming and we could hit road blocks. I think if we did that then it would resolve most of these problems, and we may.

We're theoretically still testing but we got all the major bugs out the way and improved the switcher code.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2020

@FAT32 said:
    @VirMach The planid is not defined when it is in stock, is this a bug? I am double counting the plans right now because previously that's the identifier

I remember seeing this issue last year too. ended up generating my own identifier

@FAT32 said: @VirMach The planid is not defined when it is in stock, is this a bug? I am double counting the plans right now because previously that's the identifier

Our developer had to make a last-minute change to fix some bugs, so that's most likely an unintended bug. To be very clear though, I'm not the person who worked on it. I'm working on the database/server configuration. I'll see if I can get some information for you.

Thanked by 1FAT32