Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: iVPS.us
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: iVPS.us

markmurphymarkmurphy Member
edited September 2011 in Reviews

Hello guys if you get the chance please review our website and tell us if the prices are feasible or not. Visit http://www.ivps.us

Comments

• well, IMHO, lower the price by half and it would be good.

• I can give you a discount?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I think it really depends on how much you are willing to invest and if you will be able to maintain the prices. I suggest you make a plan with around 256MB RAM, 30GB disk etc. if it is OpenVZ, if it is Xen - even better.

• I had this big long review written out and then your chat windows started beeping and going off. I deleted the review. You bothered me and turned off a possible client. (Yea, right. Like I got money for another VPS.)

Please give an option to dismiss the chat window and close it completely.

Thanked by 2markmurphy steliyan
  • kylixkylix Member
    edited September 2011

No other host in the galaxy can offer as many features and resources for as cheap as we can. If you can find a better deal somewhere else we will match and beat any competitors price.

Is that a guarantee?

Roxy, customer since 2001

What? 2001? And you don't have any "about"-page nor a legal imprint? That sounds like unfair competition.

I had this big long review written out and then your chat windows started beeping and going off.

@drmike: Where's the chat? Can't find it.

Thanked by 1markmurphy
  • doctur can u reply to my personal message about icedtea please?

click inbox on the top of the page, thanks

• kylix said: kylix

Yes it a gurantee, we are recently new, we have a terms and conditions link at the bottom of the page - have a look to see.

• drmike, sorry about the chat issue, you should not have any problem now

• Is that a guarantee?

I have to admit that that statement ticked me off as well.

I will give you one thing though. It's "Light Speed Support", not "Lite Speed Support" What you have there is actually a bad thing as lite means in this case less than instead of quicker.

• markmurphymarkmurphy Member
    edited September 2011

drmike , its a PUN . But thanks for reviewing we can make changes, do you think the prices are good or too high?

• Yes it a gurantee, we are recently new,

So the customer Roxy from 2001 is unfair competition and beguilement. Well...

• We had another person review and had advised it is not fair, and i guess its true, we are new - sorry about saying that we are from 2001! Clearly not :)

• something stinks here

• kristal - whats the matter

• Do you seriously offer 8 GB of RAM for $30/month? That seems extremely cheap...

• Yes, you will have to talk to the techs.

• @maxexcloo: That's called overselling :P

• ovz or xen?

• This company is a joke. As stated by Mark Murphy they have 8 core nodes with 6 GB memory while they are offering 8 GB VPS for $30.

• iKocka said: iKocka

I told you that we are to buy a server tomorrow from SingleHop, so don't start twisting words, i have the chat to prove it

• You are already selling something you don't have the hardware for? Whats that? Bear raiding? That became quite unpopular these days.

• kylix - well put :D

• Spammer
    • Doesn't read rules
    • Stole site from legitimate host http://neosurge.com?
    • Site hosted on a shitty budget vps
    • False address on WHOIS/invalid address
  • Could brighten up the FireFox page for me.

'Firefox can't find the server at www.ivps.us.'

• @markmurphy -- your prices seem competitive to me. However the things that the other folks noted are going to bite you:

1. No legal info on your site

2. No real whois data on your domain

3. Selling something that your hardware can't support

4. Etc, etc etc.

Best of luck!
    Dave

• I don't understad why some new providers these days don't bother in installing SSL certs for their client areas. An SSL cert can be accuared for free or as cheap as $10.

To me the lack of a secured client area is a deal breaker.

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

BOOOOOOOOOOOO (thumbs down)

• The site works for me as well.

An SSL cert can be accuared for free or as cheap as $10.

Would love to know where you're getting a commercial SSL cert for free.