Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managing Multiple VPS - multiple domains - multiple providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managing Multiple VPS - multiple domains - multiple providers

nagugnagug Member
edited August 2013 in Help

Hi,
I am trying to figure out what is the best way of managing multiple domains in multiple VPS from a single interface.

I have say 3 different VPS with three different providers. Is it possible to

Manage domains across all the three VPS using a single control panel?

or

One VPS setup as failover for others for all the domains. Single control panel management?

Comments

• Not that i'm aware of. If you had all your services with one provider, this is definitely possible.

• Depends on what you mean by "manage" your domains. Please elaborate.

• Are you looking for control panel with clustering features? Perhaps something like Kloxo/KloxoMR or Interworx? I never tried their clustering features though.

• If you're looking for a web/mail hosting panel, I would suggest you take a look at ISPConfig 3... I think the multi-server support is pretty good (at least it works well for me!).

• Take a look at Kloxo CP. Supports multiple server administration from one master installation. However, you must install Kloxo slave CPs on the remote servers.

• Not sure, if its called cluster :). Two Use cases I am considering. Not sure one solution will address both. May be first one is a Control panel. Will check ISPconfig and KloxoMR.

Usecase 1
    Say, I have three servers A, B and C

From A, I should be able to create/delete/manage domains on B and C.

Usecase 2
    I have 2 servers A and B

Server A acts as failover for all domains in Server B. content syncs between A and B automatically.

Thanks

• skaska Member

If control panel includes the terminal, you could use Rex. The great thing about it is that you can customize everything. So you can set-up just the tasks you need.

• @ska thanks for the mention of Rex. It looks interesting.

• With rexify you have things like Ansible, Salt Stack, Puppet, Chef - Automatic deployment software.

SolusVM has an API for a reason - http://vpsboard.com/topic/806-solus-api-manager-now-what/
    I'm sure there are many PHP based panels that can communicate to SolusVM at multiple providers for Console + Restart/Shutdown/Boot + Reinstall

I believe virtualmin/webmin supports multiple servers so that may be an option.

• I use webmin and login to a master then click into each VPS from the "webmin servers" module. Very easy, has rsync module for your option B and you can setup monitors in webmin as well.
    It is a bit old school and is not php.