Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

shockhosting review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

shockhosting review

I know everyone is busy trying to pinpoint his/her BF deal.

but I came to a 50% sale on shockhosting with unlimited storage.

Does anyone know them? and how are their services?

Comments

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

Unlimited does not exist.

"The resources ... are not dedicated to the account, and no right to use the entirety of any resource is given."

Tbh, I don't think you actually need unlimited for website hosting. See what you need and confirm with their support that it works with their AUP.

If you really need a ton of storage (for backups), consider grabbing a storage vps priced at a low ~$3/TB. :wink:

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Unlimited storage is an interesting theory, they say so its unlimited but there is an yet unknown limit which will you discover at some point in time.

Its a really interesting concept.

• @lentro - awesome post- crap on another company and sell your stuff at the same time. Then again it fits right in on let

Thanked by 1lentro
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@Unbelievable said:
    @lentro - awesome post- crap on another company and sell your stuff at the same time. Then again it fits right in on let

Lol, thanks? :) Laughed out loud at that!

• @lentro said:
    Unlimited does not exist.

Tbh, I don't think you actually need unlimited for website hosting. See what you need and confirm with their support that it works with their AUP.

yes, I'm aware of 'something wrong' with this unlimited thing. and yes I do not need that much storage. I'm more interested in their reseller pack.

@Neoon said:
    they say so its unlimited but there is an yet unknown limit which will you discover at some point in time.

yea, that's exactly why I asked if anyone used their service before and how was the experience.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @mezoology said: but I came to a 50% sale on shockhosting with unlimited storage.

the limitation is you can host MAX 500,000 files on unlimited plan according to their AUP.

• Been with them since 2017 to host a client's website that wanted hundreds of mail inboxes for their staff and a WordPress website on a budget.

Other than few snags that were quickly resolved they've been pretty solid.

I personally use DO's VPS via GridPane and Cloudways for all other clients.

• mezoologymezoology Member
    edited November 2020

I added Hostmantis to the list but I don't see them on LET anymore.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]