Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOVOS - High quality KVM VPS in Antwerp, Belgium from € 2/mo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOVOS - High quality KVM VPS in Antwerp, Belgium from € 2/mo

2»

Comments

• For BE location, it's fair price :)

Thanked by 1marvel
  • I can say i use a Novos KVM (on his game dedicated node) since april 2020 for free using the offer marvel did in the past and our service was really AMAZING. marvel didn't asked anything and just offered VPS to people who wanted it while it was still in stock. I'm running a french non-profit Minecraft community (not even a goodies store, only on donations) since 10 years.

Our experience was so good! We were able to host one of our Minecraft server and it worked really well, more than as expected. Our players and staff were so glad to have a stable and powerful server to use.

If this "preview" is what Novos is, then we have an amazing provider here. I will definitively take a look when you will provide game hosting nodes in few weeks.

Thanks a lot marvel and i wish you the best with your business :)! Without awesome people like you to help us, our community couldn't reach 10 years of experience.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • coldcold Member
    edited January 2021

@marvel ipv6 is operational?

• @cold said:
    @marvel ipv6 is operational?

Yes! Fully operational. You better check here though: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3187313/#Comment_3187313

• Hi marvel.. I was just trying to check out your offerings, but couldn't reach your site at all. After some investigations it seems your IP (194.124.41.2) geolocates to Brazil which I have blocked at my home router. "GeoLite data created by MaxMind". Are you working to get that changed?

• pikepike Veteran
    edited January 2021

@mycleverusername said:
    it seems your IP (194.124.41.2) geolocates to Brazil which I have blocked at my home router. "GeoLite data created by MaxMind". Are you working to get that changed?

You should make sure to use an up-to-date version of the maxmind database. Geolocation in RIPE data is belgium. Otherwise go complain at maxmind and not the provider.

Thanked by 1William
  • Good point @pike. I use Flagfox browser extension in Firefox and my router is opnsense and I'm not sure how either of them get updated. I think Flagfox updates itself from time to time but I'll have a look at whether I need to update whatever source it uses as well. I should have checked an authoritative source though!

inetnum: 194.124.41.0 - 194.124.41.255
    netname: NOVOS-LEASE
    admin-c: NN2784-RIPE
    tech-c: NN2784-RIPE
    mnt-by: ALAXONA
    created: 2020-03-01T21:30:06Z
    last-modified: 2020-03-02T08:25:37Z
    source: RIPE
    mnt-routes: NOVOS-NOC
    mnt-domains: NOVOS-NOC

• Yeah I did ask maxmind to fix the geolocation but it's at their mercy. Some IPs are ok some seem not.