Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsailor false advertisements - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsailor false advertisements

2»

Comments

• Let me point out what is about false advertisement:

1. They advertise a solid 1gbit port, which turns out to be wrong.
    2. They advertise a "powerful" servers which turns out to be the most oversold servers around there.
    3. They advertise a solid money back guarantee (which was backed up by live chat without giving further information), and they showed a huge resistance when it comes to it. Eventually, they did not. (I know one should read the ToS, but do you really read every freakin' ToS when you install a software or etc.?) However, the main issue is that, I asked the refund policy to the live chat support (that he knows what package I'm going to buy) and still backed up their money back guarantee.

And please consider that, they accepted their server was indeed bad for anything.

And lastly, this is not about getting what they offered numerically. This is about being honest and transparent, having a nice and consistent service and just getting the work done as they promised. That's why I called it as false advertising, rather than a scam.

Anyways, I've got multiple confirmations in this topic. You are just ignoring the facts I, and others provide, without having a decent argument.

• And please consider that, they accepted their server was indeed bad for anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider

Hello Furkey, We are sorry for that, but we will be honest as usual, Those special deals are low-end with low configs, so we have decided to offer them especially for low end and budget users, that way people that don’t have any high-end use would make use of them and when we first posted them in the past it was a success and ever since people were always asking for them.
    If any user wants any high-end servers and the latest hardware, they should purchase from the site without any special discounts, The special VPS servers are special because they are very cheap not because they have special specs.
    We believe that many users on LET have tried those special servers and also many users have mentioned that they are good with low end uses.
    you can read the comments here
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3134998#Comment_3134998

RE refund part, We think our billing team has refunded the 4 USD to your credit balance.
    anyway, you can DM HostSailor now so we can check what’s best for you, we really care about our users and their businesses, you can reply here or just DM whatever you think it’s faster/better.

• Hello, Hostsailor.

It's funny that you wouldn't respond me for a solution when the incident happens, but you would when I write in your Black Friday topic.

Half of the people here who backed you said that "Intel Silver and X5650 cpus should be solid". Now, you are telling me that "it was meant to low end users with low end specs" despite your campaign says. The other half of the users who commented on this topic and YOUR OWN TECHNICAL STUFF confirmed me for "your service is good for nothing". You should at least provide a useable server, because that's why all we are buying a server, to use.

I did not see any refund in my bank account. All you did was get the money and wouldn't refund it to bank account but to hostsailor account. You force users to use it on another service of yours and keep on to keep that money for yourself. Please don't do this. I already accepted that I didn't thoroughly read the ToS of yours, because your live chat deceived me. So "legally" you said it's already a gamble if your service is good or not, and the customer should take the risk. No need to bind words here. If you say there was a refund, this is an act of scam.

I already left the messages that you asked my ticket numbers, which you guys failed to respond me. All I wanted was just a decent and high quality service (just like your signature says).

edited November 2020

We have responded to you because you have got our attention, your refund was made already to you in credit as per our terms of use and our team has already made an exception by refunding you the credit, so for that reason we did not believe we have to respond to your comments here since you have most probably received responses over here and also under our ticketing system. Our lowend and lowcost special deals are clearly not subject to refunds as per our TOS, and if you believe that you need premium services and would like to increase your budget a bit then by all means feel free to place an order directly over our website or you can check other highend forums around the internet if you feel that you're not in safe hands with us, we're really sorry for your experience and as per our threads over LET we have not had similar issues with other users here, no doubt we did please the majorities over here and will do our best to improve if we let anyone down.

P.S.

• Our special services that we offer here are meant to offer the cheapest price possible over performance and strength therefore if you believe you are into performance and power over price then our website would be the way to go, you can purchase highend hardware/connectivity with our XEN and KVM services that are priced differently, we also offer a 14 days money back guarantee if you are a new customer that have not used any special/promo deals.

• We have offered you a "useable" server, and just because it did not hit the 1gbit it does not mean its not usable, you have paid for a special deal to receive a service for the amount of money you have paid, we promise 1gbit port we never promise the possibility of using that 1gbit connection to its fullest and not for a few dollars per month.

1. My server was a XEN server.
    2. Refunding as "credit" means nothing for an unhappy, first time customer as he/she may use the service to try the company out.
    3. As I said before I've got MULTIPLE CONFIRMATIONS, including your own technical service, that the service you offer is indeed in a bad condition.
    4. I already use Hetzner for 3.5 EUR per month, and perfectly happy about them. I even don't know how to reach for their customer service, because their whole packages are perfectly clear and transparent and their system is perfectly delivering what they write into their website.

Trust me, hostsailor, i'm not getting paid by your rivals. I was just a mere customer who wanted to try you guys out. If I'm happy with other companies, but not with you, you should really consider this as your fault, try to fix it and use it for your own progres. Not to have a controversy.

edited November 2020

@furkey said:
    Hello, Hostsailor.

It's funny that you wouldn't respond me for a solution when the incident happens, but you would when I write in your Black Friday topic.

Half of the people here who backed you said that "Intel Silver and X5650 cpus should be solid". Now, you are telling me that "it was meant to low end users with low end specs" despite your campaign says. The other half of the users who commented on this topic and YOUR OWN TECHNICAL STUFF confirmed me for "your service is good for nothing". You should at least provide a useable server, because that's why all we are buying a server, to use.

I did not see any refund in my bank account. All you did was get the money and wouldn't refund it to bank account but to hostsailor account. You force users to use it on another service of yours and keep on to keep that money for yourself. Please don't do this. I already accepted that I didn't thoroughly read the ToS of yours, because your live chat deceived me. So "legally" you said it's already a gamble if your service is good or not, and the customer should take the risk. No need to bind words here. If you say there was a refund, this is an act of scam.

I already left the messages that you asked my ticket numbers, which you guys failed to respond me. All I wanted was just a decent and high quality service (just like your signature says).

1- The virtualization has nothing to do with the lowend offers we offer, they're lowend for a reason regardless of the type of VPS you had.

2- Please review our terms of use, we do refund you if you have used our standard services not our special and promo deals.

3- We do not offer a full 1gbit dedicatedconnection, certainly not with the very lowend cheap services we provide from time to time. Please take note of this and if you wish to use your credit try our website services they're much better performance wise.

4- As mentioned before several times, you have placed an order for a special lowend and cheap service over the forum that we do not offer over our website, if you wanted to buy our standard services those can be found over our website and are subject to the 14 days refund policy if you did not use a promo/discount code.

We do take all comments onboard, and we have been improving over the years with the help of similar comments however we're trying to send you a clear message on how our services work and have offer to help. If you believe we have let you down and do not want us to help we can't really do much at this stage, but if you need our help anytime we're available through all channels such as LET private, livechat, ticketing system, phone call and several social media channels.

• furkeyfurkey Member
    edited November 2020
    1. If you can, please find the live chat logs, as your livechat clearly offered me XEN server for better performance.
    2. I already sent a DM about how to being more transparent about what really matters for the customers. Here is a direct copy-paste of message I sent: May I want you to have a little text points out that which conditions break the refund policy on the main page, or at the checkout page? To prevent any further inconvenience that other users may experience?
    3. This is where the scam begins. https://hostsailor.com/vps-hosting/xen-vps/ This page clearly and openly says you offer 1GBit network speed, without any asterisk. When you say you are offering 1 gbit network speed, chances are I may want to be able to use that speed.
    4. Will not answer this because I already answered this several times. Apparently we are not getting anywhere in this, so I have a proposition to prevent future inconveniences with your customers at item 2.

Anyways, this discussion went too much, and I'm willing to keep on with DM if it's okay for you.

Cheers.

• You get pretty damn close to a full Gbs in your speedtest. Not sure why you complain on that point (note: GByte != Gbit).

• @pbx said:
    You get pretty damn close to a full Gbs in your speedtest. Not sure why you complain on that point (note: GByte != Gbit).

She is PMSing..

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • pay peanut expect premium lol

• @chocolateshirt said:

She is PMSing..

LOL :lol:

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Back in 2015, when I didn't utilize any special offer, still their I/O was completely shit. Just searched My Email with Hostsailor keyword & found the incidents of 2015 !

Thanked by 1furkey
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

This is why on our LET special NAT VPS, we literally describe the shittiest performance levels ever for the VPS.

Some of my finest written work right here:
    http://hosthongkong.net/?page=NAT-VPS