Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TransMail – ZOHO Transactional mail service. It’s cheap!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TransMail – ZOHO Transactional mail service. It’s cheap!

nqservicesnqservices Member
edited November 2020 in General

Hi,

Today I went to ZOHO website looking for black Friday deals and I found that they have a transactional mail service called TransMail: https://www.zoho.com/transmail/

Currently I’m using Mailgun and I’m very satisfied with the service… but Mailgun prices compared with TransMail are a lot more expensive.

Take as an example for 50.000 Emails / Month:
Mailgun: $35
TransMail: $12.5

The million-dollar question is related with TransMail delivery quality and service reliability. As anyone had any experience with TransMail?

Thanks

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited November 2020

I used their TransMail (their "Welcome emails") for a limtied-time during beta. Prices were not published then. But delivery to @ hotmail, @ outlook addresses went into spam folders (then). Since I didn't continue after beta, I do not have current information whether their transaction emails arrive correctly in main inbox of outlook/hotmail users!

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

Their price is good. But it seems Apple / Outlook hates them.

• @XiNiX said: Their price is good. But it seems Apple / Outlook hates them.

apple too? It was just outlook earlier.
    Will try them again (seems there's a free credit).

• Delivering to Hotmail/Outlook has always been pain in the ass.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

@JasonM said:
    I used their TransMail (their "Welcome emails") for a limtied-time during beta. Prices were not published then. But delivery to @ hotmail, @ outlook addresses went into spam folders (then). Since I didn't continue after beta, I do not have current information whether their transaction emails arrive correctly in main inbox of outlook/hotmail users!

In defense of that if you choose to use Hotmail and you don't check your spam folder for important email, you kinda dig your own grave. The price of bad choices. I'm so glad this happened to me so I could capture the most perfect example of all time:

It's not all about IPs though. I can watch some emails hit inboxes and others the spam folder from the same IP. The algorithm is much greater than just that.

Thanked by 1azeem
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@jar said: It's not all about IPs though.

Yeah, company I look after use SES for outgoing mail and SES bounced an email back - turns out the person who sent it hadn't been quite so correct with their grammar and spelling, and SES classed it as spam even though it was a ligitimate email.

• Hotmail/Outlook is too rigid almost on the boundary of stupidity when it comes to tackling spam. Their method is shoot first ask questions later.

• Yeah, but my Godaddy Madmimi emails seems to have very good reputation they all land in Hotmail/Outlook inbox from day 1.

• @JasonM said:
    Yeah, but my Godaddy Madmimi emails seems to have very good reputation they all land in Hotmail/Outlook inbox from day 1.

Godaddy resell outlook/exchange