Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IONOS to offer 1TB Cloud Storage in Germany for 1€/month first year, then 5€/month.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IONOS to offer 1TB Cloud Storage in Germany for 1€/month first year, then 5€/month.

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited November 2020 in General

Not too bad if you want to stay off Google and/or store within Europe (Germany).

Supports: WebDav

Pro plan supports SMB, Git, (S)FTP, WebDav, rsync, SCP and apps for mobile Devices. Also subaccounts.

https://www.ionos.de/office-loesungen/hidrive-cloud-speicher

I'll stick to Koofr and GDrive for now.

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• Hm... AI really wants our data...

• for now, I still can't find the reason I should move out from google.
    especially in Southeast Asia still can't find other option cheaper than google cloud

• @DianTama said:
    for now, I still can't find the reason I should move out from google.
    especially in Southeast Asia still can't find other option cheaper than google cloud

I agree that Google Drive is just as awesome as many make it to be. Doing business in Germany though, many prefer their data to be stored at/backuped to somewhere in EU Jurisdiction and preferably an EU company. GDPR is very strict about who can process data and with the US Privacy Shield gone many are looking for European solutions. I will continue to use Google Services for my personal use and continue to love them for what they are, but for businesses in Europe and especially Germany the recommendation most lawyers give seems to be to look elsewhere.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited November 2020

IONOS just resells Strato HiDrive.

• @Ympker sorry if this is unrelated. does koofr referal increase still work if we buy the lifetime plans from stacksocial?

• @fLoo said:
    IONOS just resells Strato.de. Its not their product. You can get the same deal on Strato.de.

It's 7,50 EUR/mo on Strato and only one user also it's not reselling. Strato, IONOS, 1&1 are all brands of the United Internet AG. Very same company.

@DianTama said:

I moved out of Google since Microsoft has the better office suite + 1 TB space and if you are using it as a private person it's cheaper as well due to deals left and right.

Thanked by 2Ympker DreamCaster
  • @raknaz said:
    @Ympker sorry if this is unrelated. does koofr referal increase still work if we buy the lifetime plans from stacksocial?

No idea, if your space will be increased if you add another stacksocial code (if that is what you mean). Best is to ask support about this :)

• 1and1 ionos... i will better stay away from them. Had bad service during domain renewal.
    that time it was only 1and1. Now hope they've improved (a bit).

Thanked by 1eingress
  • @JasonM said:
    1and1 ionos... i will better stay away from them. Had bad service during domain renewal.

Recently moved a client to them. So far it is running stable but I contacted their "expert support" about something and if I had not made a backup myself they would have just destroyed half the website by some internal migration process. For WordPress hosting they offer "managed" and "standard" hosting. After I found out "managed" only includes automatic updates (which can now be scheduled from wp dashboard) but not any extra support as compared to standard, however NOT include access to the daily backups in package Description (you would need to contact support about this) I switched the package to standard. They have an internal wizard to do this and as most wizards it at some point messed up by temporarily assigning some IONOS subdomain to the wp installation but not assigning the prior domain to it after the internal migration. Most images were gone now from the site and also other stuff didnt work properly as in the WordPress db IONOS had changed all links/paths to their subdomain instead of my domain respectively. First, I had to ask them to re-assign my Domain to the WordPress installation and when I asked them whether they can fix the dtb issue with the subdomain links they told me to do it manualy lol. Updraft Plus dtb backup easily restored the site's functionality though so I could fix it myself without much issue. Still, they seemed pretty clueless as to what went wrong with their wizard.

Performance is fine and support agents are friendly though. "Expert" may be a bit exaggerated though.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @Ympker said: Performance is fine and support agents are friendly though. "Expert" may be a bit exaggerated though.

ohh! thats a big mess on their part!

I'll also stick to Google Drive/Photos now. Let's see if anyone provide greate BF deals.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @JasonM said:

@Ympker said: Performance is fine and support agents are friendly though. "Expert" may be a bit exaggerated though.

ohh! thats a big mess on their part!

I'll also stick to Google Drive/Photos now. Let's see if anyone provide greate BF deals.

This year will be very special, and will be real bf event. Thx to covid impact.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited November 2020

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

I agree that Google Drive is just as awesome as many make it to be. Doing business in Germany though, many prefer their data to be stored at/backuped to somewhere in EU Jurisdiction and preferably an EU company. GDPR is very strict about who can process data and with the US Privacy Shield gone many are looking for European solutions. I will continue to use Google Services for my personal use and continue to love them for what they are, but for businesses in Europe and especially Germany the recommendation most lawyers give seems to be to look elsewhere.

I think many prefer to not do business in germany for the wonky laws, namely @seriesn.

• @SirFoxy said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

I think many prefer to not do business in germany for the wonky laws, namely @seriesn.

You little shit stirrer 😂😂😂. But yeah. You are 99.5% correct SirFoxy lady.

• @JasonM said:
    1and1 ionos... i will better stay away from them. Had bad service during domain renewal.

They haven't. Up to their old shenanigans auto renewing domains and sending to collections. (recent victim).

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • I'd rather have a VPS of that size, for a storage solution it's too expensive, EUR 5/month.