Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Free Control Panel do you recommend? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Free Control Panel do you recommend?

2»

Comments

• +ISPConfig

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • If he's not interested in moving from Linode, I'd recommend CyberPanel or Virtualmin. Tried CentOS Web Panel for about a month and was absolutely not impressed considering I wasn't getting paid to use it.

Plus, they're using the CentOS name and they're not even endorsed by CentOS which to me, implies that they aren't confident enough in their software to be able to build a brand without standing on the shoulders of giants.

• is VestaCP safe to use? Did those bad vulnerabilities they have get resolved? What was the fork version of VestaCP that was made?

• Virtualmin doesn't touch system structure / files like other panels. RPM based (if you chose CentOS), it just installs rpm packages.
    You may erase it without destroying server or without OS reload.

A good option because of this. It doesn't wreck the system with modified files.

• LeeLee Veteran

He went with Virtualmin, after some initial teething issues he seems quite happy with it.

• @TimboJones said:

If it's just hosting and wants performance, that's Centminmod.

That's the best choice I could suggest.

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • Try KeyHelp® you will not regret it!

https://www.keyhelp.de/

• I'm a direct admin boy. ever since i discovered it ill never go back to Cpanel

Thanked by 1smtalk
  • @ItsAsylum said:
    I'm a direct admin boy. ever since i discovered it ill never go back to Cpanel

Direct Admin is an excellent panel, it's the only sane alternative to cPanel imo

Thanked by 1smtalk
  • I was fan of HestiaCP 1.2, things after 1.3 just sucks.

• CWP is better. However, have an eye to aaPanel too.

• @Mister said:
    I was fan of HestiaCP 1.2, things after 1.3 just sucks.

As 1.3 was a major release, one can expect issues. hestiacp 1.3.1 fixes most of the issues(Seems that few more are remaining).

But, Hestiacp support rocks. The devs are very kind, competent and help as much as possible(unless vestacp).

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint jtdoank
  • PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited November 2020

Virtualmin for pro/advance users. It is loaded with configurations and options.
    KeyHelp has more user friendly interface. suitable for those who just want an easy to use/ get the work done panel.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I'm using Virtualmin for free panel.

• MisterMister Member
    edited November 2020

I've bought CWP Pro for 11$ / year today. Will see how it works.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2020

@Mister said: I've bought CWP Pro for 11$ / year today. Will see how it works.

Expect bugs, spelling mistakes and other issues - stick with the basics and it works fine. Also, the developers are unco-operative most of the time; contrast that with HestiaCP. Still the most intuitive of the non-WHM/cPanel crowd, IMHumbleO.
    The forum is inundated by extended Summer hosts too. :(

• CyberPanel is my go-to. Been using it for a while now.

• Been trying several

Now i am using hestia and happy for it

• None. Get a VPS that provides free directadmin license.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @Mister said:
    None. Get a VPS that provides free directadmin license.

Did you try keyhelp? I have it installed on a test vps and seems to be very good.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • +1 hestiacp

• cloudservercloudserver Member, Patron Provider

I give DA the vote as well :) good luck!

• aapanel and Cyberpanel

• @niceboy said:

@Mister said:
    None. Get a VPS that provides free directadmin license.

Did you try keyhelp? I have it installed on a test vps and seems to be very good.

Keyhelp is prem :)

• Get industry standard and recognized directadmin or cpanel. avoid rest.

Thanked by 2webcraft Caspooor
  • +1 keyhelp

• Been using virtualmin for many years, working perfectly