Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using Ubuntu VPS to Reverse Proxy Home Gameserver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Using Ubuntu VPS to Reverse Proxy Home Gameserver

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could somehow use my Ubuntu VPS's Dedicated IPv4 as a Reverse Proxy for my gameserver hosted on my home machine. I've tried NGINX, IPtables but none of those solutions worked.

The ports I need to forward are 22003 (UDP), 22005 (TCP). I tried x4b it worked but it's way out of my budget.

Comments

• This is fairly easy to do. I can help you if you pay.

• @Barnesanger said:
    This is fairly easy to do. I can help you if you pay.

How much are you looking to charge?

• @sgno1 said:

It was working yesterday. Just try their github page: https://github.com/boringproxy/boringproxy

The webiste does show a little more than the Github, but you should be fine either way.

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • tinc

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Falzo said:
    tinc

wireguard

• @Neoon said:

@Falzo said:
    tinc

wireguard

have to admit I haven't really looked into it yet... anything specific that makes it stand out especially in regards to the ease of setup/config with tinc?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Falzo said:

@Neoon said:

@Falzo said:
    tinc

wireguard

have to admit I haven't really looked into it yet... anything specific that makes it stand out especially in regards to the ease of setup/config with tinc?

Way more easy to setup with my bare hands compared to tinc.
    Also, more speed, less overhead.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

@Neoon said:

@Falzo said:
    tinc

wireguard

hey falzo.. long time no see :)

wireguard is really a lot easier to set up. the config file of each machine actually just has a interface part which consists of the address it is supposed to used, a private key and the port to use.. u can then add Peers with almost the same settings (public keys instead of private keys). all routes are automatically set on system lvl by simply adding allowed ips.

if i think of the time i wasted with openvpn back in the days.. and yeah, its really, really fast. i once read that wireguard only has around 4000 lines of code, so its also really easy to maintain and audit.

Thanked by 1Falzo