Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi won't install Ubuntu 20.04 properly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi won't install Ubuntu 20.04 properly

hi guys. I am trying to reinstall my Kimsufi server with Ubuntu 20.04 but it just stuck. The first time I tried, I had to wait 1 hour before their technicians boot the server into rescue mode.

Then I noticed in the reinstall wizard that there is no /boot partition. So I added it and proceed. I thought that will fix it and I was wrong. After 25minutes, their technicians one again rebooted the server into rescue mode.

Both were given "Reinstallation time out" as the cause.

I will just install Ubuntu 18.04 instead, but at least I want this get fixed.
Anyone had the same issue?

Anyway, my server is KS-4C, the one I got from flash sale long time ago.

Thanks.

Comments

• Can you upgrade to 20.04 from 18.04 instead of using their image or was that what you were already doing?

This could be helpful: https://tuxette.nathalievialaneix.eu/2020/07/fresh-installation-ubuntu20-04-on-kimsufi.html

• @CyberneticTitan said:
    Can you upgrade to 20.04 from 18.04 instead of using their image or was that what you were already doing?

This could be helpful: https://tuxette.nathalievialaneix.eu/2020/07/fresh-installation-ubuntu20-04-on-kimsufi.html

I was trying their image, twice. And yes, I planned to do as what you said. Currently installing 18.04, and will upgrade to 20.04 when the server is up.

There was no 20.04 a few months ago, so I guess it is new. Even the article you linked does not mention anything about existing 20.04 image in Kimsufi panel.

• ight123ight123 Member
    edited November 2020

I just tried to release upgraded my kimsufi to 20.04lts and it also timed out, doesnt boot anymore and technicians are on their way. I was suprised and a search found out it happened to you too, seems to be a problem with kimsufi. Did your upgrade to 20.04 work afterwards?

• @ight123 said:
    I just tried to release upgraded my kimsufi to 20.04lts and it also timed out, doesnt boot anymore and technicians are on their way. I was suprised and a search found out it happened to you too, seems to be a problem with kimsufi. Did your upgrade to 20.04 work afterwards?

So it is their problem. Perhaps you can tell them about this? I didn't because I thought it was just me.

I installed 18.04 and did do-release-upgrade. It is working fine for now. Nothing seems wrong yet.