Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UAB “Interneto vizija” (Time4VPS) aquired by Miss Group
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UAB “Interneto vizija” (Time4VPS) aquired by Miss Group

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Miss Group, hell of a name.

Are they ran by a woman or something

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2020

@armandorg said:

https://www.missgroup.com/

Only names that I may have heard are "stablehost" and "rackray" but not even sure. Just sound familiar but idk.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 3Ympker default bdl
  • Missverständnis

Thanked by 3Ympker sgheghele Falzo
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2020

Scandinavian EIG? Hopefully not (or the better version of eig)

No women in the board of directors of Miss Group.

• Is this the Match.com of VPS providers? Or that's some other group?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited November 2020

That's huge. Interneto vizija own 60%+ of Lithuanian hosting industry. And they are de-facto standard of good hosting.

Probably owner just tired from the same thing. Time to buy an island and start living :) good for him.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

Only names that I may have heard are "stablehost" and "rackray" but not even sure. Just sound familiar but idk.

Lowend is just a small cake of the hosting industry. There are more people printing money under shadow.
    Seems the missgroup have 20M euro on book.

• @elliotc said:

@Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

Lowend is just a small cake of the hosting industry. There are more people printing money under shadow.

Fair enough. Still haven't heard about most of these names, although, I would argue that I know quite some of the bigger hosting companies out there.

Anyway, let's see what good or bad news they (MG) will bring.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2020

@elliotc said:

@Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

The real money seems is in mid market. Starting at US $35-$40 a month “cloud hosting” or “wordpress hosting”. And going upto 3 or 4x of that
    Read in a different place... providers here can confirm.
    Deducting for server costs, affiliate fees, marketing expenses, overhead, etc still gives over US $120 a year in revenue per customer . i.e decent margins.

Next is “premium tier” or the low four digits a year.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2020

@Ympker said:

This is the big question. What will they bring? My guess is we will no longer see any storage offers from Time4VPS during Black Friday.

• From what I heard StableHost went quite downhill after the takeover so this will be interesting.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • Miss Group is huge! Lately they've been on a shopping spree, especially in Scandinavia.
    Ballou, FS Data and Hemsida24 is (was?) among the biggest players on the Swedish market and they've all been bought by Miss Group.
    If you go to www.missgroup.com and click on "About us" they even have a "Are you looking to exit the hosting industry?" banner for people looking to sale their business.
    The people and investors behind Miss Group are all serial entrepreneurs with huge amount of cash, we are talking people that easily throw down tens of millions if they see something they want.

Thanked by 2mrTom LordSpock
  • it could be a trans. ?

• @vyas11 said:

@elliotc said:

@Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

The real money is in mid market. US $35-$40 a month “cloud hosting” or “wordpress hosting”.
    Read in a different place... providers here can confirm.
    Deducting for server costs, affiliate fees, marketing expenses, overhead, etc still gives over US $120 a year in revenue per customer . i.e decent margins.

Next is “premium tier” or the high three digits to low four digits a year.

The real money is in those big player's hand. Just take a look at those giants’ booking (I have two year+ account clerk experience before I go back to college, Unfortunately, my ex-boss was furious with me for leaving, won't certify my work.) Giants have the power to print money out of nothing from banks, then acquire the mid company.

• There will be standard ROI maximization:

1. Inject millions into advertising;
    2. increase customer base exponentially;
    3. Keep staff at minimum;
    4. Increase price;
    5. Maximum milking efforts.

Than just leave to float on autopilot and eventually die. That is a good news for other hosting providers in Lithuania. Now they have a chance to resist corporate moguls.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

@default said:

This is the big question. What will they bring? My guess is we will no longer see any storage offers from Time4VPS during Black Friday.

There will be special offers as always.

Being a part of bigger group we only see opportunities.

Having multiple DC will probably allow Time4VPS to offer more than one location in future, Time4VPS VPN add more locations, offer more solutions and products in the future.

• @default said:

@Ympker said:

You can always use: https://www.hostens.com/vps-hosting/
    The same company only different pricing :D

• @Ympker said:

@armandorg said:

RackRay was owned by the same INERNETO VIZIJA owners.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @time4vps said:

@default said:

There will be special offers as always.

Being a part of bigger group we only see opportunities.

Having multiple DC will probably allow Time4VPS to offer more than one location in future, Time4VPS VPN add more locations, offer more solutions and products in the future.

Sorry to say but your storage VPS still run on outdated openvz 6 and I am not able to use it as it does not support any new os. Please first upgrade as all other providers as already done it year back.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

MissHosting are really swelling up. They're a large company in Sweden, their VPS/etc are on their own AS but are mostly using Bahnhof's network (in Sweden at least).

Makes sense for a scandi company to be looking towards the Baltics, very common move here.

They have had a couple of big equity funding rounds (BGF and now Perwyn) - as mentioned before FSData, Hemsida24 och Ballou were huge when independent. They seem to be making their brands very similar operations wise (MissHosting & FSData both running 9 SEK for a .nu atm). Probably not very well known outside of Scandinavia as most of these companies are not running in English.