Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iwsea (Prometeus) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iwsea (Prometeus)

2»

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2017

@NanoG6 said:

jenkki said: Owner was banned

What?? Who was banned? Uncle Sal??

No Mao was banned, not Uncle. Although he does not visit any more.

Thanked by 2NanoG6 tux
  • Whoah.. I can't believe if Uncle banned, very kind person like him..

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2017

Renewal time.

Regular prices seem to have come down to launch-promo levels: 24 euro/yr for 200GB (with prometeus backups... probably ZFS snapshots)

This is the product that most of LET needs : a 'media dropbox' between 20gb and 1TB storage quota.

If someone wants to test download speeds, I've shared my 15minutes of PinkNoise(13MB) here https://ro.iwsea.com/f/648dda4c4c/

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@vimalware said:

This is the product that most of LET needs : a 'media dropbox' between 20gb and 1TB storage quota.

1TB? Not even close to satisfying the LET hunger for cheap storage.

• @Nekki said:
    1TB? Not even close to satisfying the LET hunger for cheap storage.

to me, it's a bigger Dropbox, not a LEB NAS.

iwsea Pros: I don't have to muck with ssl cert renewal, seafile upgrades, data backups and I have my calibre ebook collection on-demand on my phone. YMMV

• DGT2DGT2 Member

I just tried to order and all sizes are out of stock. Does anyone know if this has been discontinued permanently?

• Sorry to bump again, but it all still shows as sold out I just tried to reach them to see if it's still available. I'll share if I learn anything. It seems pretty ideal for my current needs as I don't want to deal with updates, etc and only need one user. If not I'll be looking somewhere else. Plenty of NextCloud hosts out there but I really prefer Seafile and I'm not seeing many English language options.

• Response: "I'm sorry but the service will not be available anytime soon. Thanks for your interest." :(

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @htsmi said:
    Response: "I'm sorry but the service will not be available anytime soon. Thanks for your interest." :(

Why not setup your own seafile server on your storage VPS?

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Why not setup your own seafile server on your storage VPS?

Yeah, I'm looking into it but it seems like a bit of a learning curve. I did self host Seafile once and it worked great. But I'd kind of rather pay someone to do the work for me right now.

• Update for anyone interested: I went with luckycloud.de. Rates are alright and there is an English version that is good enough for me to understand. :smile: