Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ID protection for existing domain in whmcs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ID protection for existing domain in whmcs

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,
There is a whmcs installation where ID protection feature is enabled and customer can choose to go for it during registration process. However, I can not find way to for already registered domain to add ID protection to it from client area.

Is it that in WHMCS, client can't order "id protection for existing domain" ?

Comments

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

So, this can't be done in WHMCS ?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

From the client area, end-user can select the Domain, Manage Domain, then under the "Manage" section on the left hand side, click on "Addons".

In addons , it says "The following addons are available for your domain(s)..." and it is not showing ID protection, only nameserver and email forwarding is available.

Those are already available addons, how do customer order "id protection" addon as its not in the list.

@Saahib said:
    In addons , it says "The following addons are available for your domain(s)..." and it is not showing ID protection, only nameserver and email forwarding is available.

Those are already available addons, how do customer order "id protection" addon as its not in the list.

In your WHMCS admin go to /configdomains.php and on the bottom right, under "Domain Addons" you need to configure and set a price for the "ID Protection"

Already have set price there, and as said, during initial domain registration it is available there. But can't find way to add it later on already registered domains.

@Saahib said:
    Already have set price there, and as said, during initial domain registration it is available there. But can't find way to add it later on already registered domains.

If the pricing was set and configured within the "Domain Addons" section, and ID Protection is ticked next to the TLD, then it should be showing up. Might be worth raising a ticket to WHMCS Support if you've already tried that and are still not having any success. I've found them to be pretty helpful.

Thanked by 1Saahib

Apparently the "tick" next to domain tlds were disabled.
    Now I see option to manage ID protection under addons.

Thanked by 1dustinc

@Saahib said:
    Apparently the "tick" next to domain tlds were disabled.
    Now I see option to manage ID protection under addons.

Awesome, good work! Glad it is fixed.