Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOVOS - High quality KVM VPS in Antwerp, Belgium from € 2/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOVOS - High quality KVM VPS in Antwerp, Belgium from € 2/mo

Hello all,

Looking for a VPS in the beautiful city of Antwerp? Then look no further. We are one of the most affordable VPS providers in Belgium and that says a lot because there are not many players here compared to other European countries.

We're hosting from the beautiful new, green and high-tech datacenter DCStar Burcht

Stability and uptime is our key requirement which is why all of our components are double or even triple redundant. We don't use local storage but instead we have a NVMe storage cluster based on CEPH with triple data replication! This allows us to provide high availability as well.

To maintain performance the storage cluster is connected by a redundant 80 GBps infiniband network to the hypervisors. You will hardly feel any difference compared to local storage.

We can offer you the following:

• 1x AMD EPYC 7451 vCPU (fair share usage).
  • 512 MB ECC memory
  • 10 GB NVMe disk space (cluster)
  • /64 IPv6 (coming soon, ETA 4-5 days but don't order yet if you absolutely need it now).
  • 1 x IPv4 address
  • 256 GB bandwidth (capped to 10 mbit when used).
  • 1 GBps shared uplink.
  • Automatic volumetric DDoS protection (Arbor).
  • Virtualizor control panel.

Just € 2 / month or € 20 a year with annual billing! (Excl. VAT).

Direct order link

All specs can be upgraded individually. No lame sliders where you are forced to upgrade everything if you only want to upgrade one component. Pay only for what you really need!

Support through tickets or Telegram.

For our company information see here: https://novos.be/company-information/
Network IP test and YABS benchmark: https://novos.be/network/
Your most asked questions will be here: https://novos.be/faq/
And please read the TOS before ordering: https://novos.be/terms-of-service/
We're using AS42160

Any questions or comments or criticism please ask and I will provide you with an answer :smile:

Thanked by 2MaxKVM o_be_one

Comments

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 2020

Is this a gameserver host node and thus heavily loaded?
    Also "We are active on LowEndTalk" at https://novos.be/company-information/. Truly most important information. :) :sweat_smile:
    Anyways, since you're at LET, where is the discount? Apart from the location I don't see the deal.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited November 2020

@webcraft said:
    Is this a gameserver host node?
    Also "We are active on LowEndTalk" at https://novos.be/company-information/. Truly most important information. :sweat_smile:
    Anyways, since you're at LET, where is the discount? Apart from the location I don't see the deal.

Tbh it's not really suitable for game servers but I've ordered new Ryzen 3800X boxes which should come in soon. So I will be able to provide dedicated resources for game servers probably within 2 weeks (rough ETA). Obv those will have a different price tag.

Edit: To further clarify no there are no game servers on the EPYC nodes so there is no heavy load.

As for discounts, please read this part of the FAQ ;)

Can I have a discount or coupon code?

No you can’t. Our prices are already at the bottom of the market so there will be no further discounts. Never ever not on Black Friday or St. Patrick’s Day or any other day. Period.

You will always pay the exact same low price as any other customer_

• coldcold Member
    edited November 2020

happy weekend

Thanked by 1marvel
  • +1 for this provider! I've been using their 'free' VPS for months and it's too good to be true!

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @sonic said:
    +1 for this provider! I've been using their 'free' VPS for months and it's too good to be true!

Thanks sonic, remember though that one will expire at the end of January 2021. I will update that topic soon :smile:

• Good stuff :)

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @sonic said:
    +1 for this provider! I've been using their 'free' VPS for months and it's too good to be true!

free vps ? still available ?

• @marvel said:

@sonic said:

Thanks sonic, remember though that one will expire at the end of January 2021. I will update that topic soon :smile:

can i test one 2 till end of January ?

• @cold said:

@sonic said:

lol no, it was a one time give away see here.

But all spots got taken immediately and it's about to expire around the end of January.

• @marvel said:

@cold said:

@sonic said:

But all spots got taken immediately and it's about to expire around the end of January.

2 bad... never used .be VPS, maybe ill get one, after ipv6 is ready

• @cold said:

@marvel said:

@cold said:

@sonic said:

2 bad... never used .be VPS, maybe ill get one, after ipv6 is ready

Yeah I'm working on the latter, it should be available soon. I'll update the topic :)

• Probably the cheapest VPS in Belgium, looks good

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @marvel said: All specs can be upgraded individually. No lame sliders where you are forced to upgrade everything if you only want to upgrade one component. Pay only for what you really need!

I don't know why more hosts don't do this, as you usually end up wasting you money with an idling CPU, unused bandwidth, RAM or disk.

Using this service from the past 9 to 10 months now, for my build servers for hosting Drone and have a storage block attached for backups etc(looks like this isn't available or out of stock now).

Never had any downtime, very good performance, prices are fair and you can bug him on Telegram!

I forgot I had something hosted here, I think the best host is someone you don't have to contact and this one has been pretty much contact free since the purchase.

Thanked by 2marvel o_be_one
  • do you allow full use of 10mbit afterward ? like 2-3TB @ 10Mbit?

• @Jio said:
    do you allow full use of 10mbit afterward ? like 2-3TB @ 10Mbit?

Yes no problem.

• @evnix said:

@marvel said: All specs can be upgraded individually. No lame sliders where you are forced to upgrade everything if you only want to upgrade one component. Pay only for what you really need!

I don't know why more hosts don't do this, as you usually end up wasting you money with an idling CPU, unused bandwidth, RAM or disk.

Using this service from the past 9 to 10 months now, for my build servers for hosting Drone and have a storage block attached for backups etc(looks like this isn't available or out of stock now).

Never had any downtime, very good performance, prices are fair and you can bug him on Telegram!

I forgot I had something hosted here, I think the best host is someone you don't have to contact and this one has been pretty much contact free since the purchase.

Thanks evnix for the nice words. I appreciate it and I'm glad to read that you are happy. Indeed my ultimate goal is to have no tickets at all so I can enjoy more of my free time ;)

As for storage blocks, it (or something similar) will def. come back but I'm a bit behind and still in the built-up phase here in Antwerp. I have to move quickly because I have all annual contracts with OVH that expire beginning of 2021.

But rest assure I will have something in place soon :smile:

• 256 GB bandwidth ,it's a pity

I hope it's at least 600gb

• @Jones said:
    256 GB bandwidth ,it's a pity

For €0,50 more you have 1000 GB. Bandwidth is not free for me either ;)

• @marvel said:

@Jones said:
    256 GB bandwidth ,it's a pity

For €0,50 more you have 1000 GB. Bandwidth is not free for me either ;)

Bandwidth and power , 2 expensive things in Belgium. ;)

Happy with my new vps with Novos.

• Hi there,

Can you do BGP sessions on these?

• @HyperK9 said:
    Hi there,

Can you do BGP sessions on these?

Not at this time. I have other priorities first but if it's much asked for I might consider it. Depending if it's even possible and/or what the DC charges me since I'm using their router.

Another issue is DDoS protection, which is not available with BGP session if you use your own ASN.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@marvel

The processor is decent to quite nice, memory is OK, disk even generous but 256 GB traffic? Sorry, that's a no-go.
    Yes, I know that your costs are your costs but I also know that the latency to/from NL_AMS to BE_ANT is ridiculously low - and that, NL_AMS is who you compete against.

I wish you good luck, I really do, and I'm willing to do a benchmark and review on your offer, but I don't see that kind of offer taking off.

Btw, IF your DDOS protection is real, adequate, and good, you might want to increase traffic to 500 GB or even 1 TB and sell for €2.40 (or €24/year).

• @jsg said:
    @marvel

The processor is decent to quite nice, memory is OK, disk even generous but 256 GB traffic? Sorry, that's a no-go.
    Yes, I know that your costs are your costs but I also know that the latency to/from NL_AMS to BE_ANT is ridiculously low - and that, NL_AMS is who you compete against.

I wish you good luck, I really do, and I'm willing to do a benchmark and review on your offer, but I don't see that kind of offer taking off.

Btw, IF your DDOS protection is real, adequate, and good, you might want to increase traffic to 500 GB or even 1 TB and sell for €2.40 (or €24/year).

I'm not trying to compete with Amsterdam or Frankfurt, that's impossible anyway. If people only need bulk traffic they should def. buy their service with a provider over there.

My target is mainly local consumers and businesses that want a service in their own region rather than crossing the border like they probably do now. If I were to live in Belgium I would rather have my service here, even if AMS gives me more bang for my buck.

Also, I'm just starting up. I will soon offer a wide range of products for affordable price levels. Bulk storage, Dedicated Ryzen CPUs, maybe even GPUs and/or hosted desktops. The plan is to start basic and then gradually move to something more advanced.

Plus I can always compete on service. So yeah people can always go with provider #6452 in Amsterdam, that doesn't mean there's no market here.

Plus if you checked, you can get 1 TB traffic for only 0.50c more each month which is € 25 a year, which is very close to your goal of 24. As for the DDoS protection, any incoming volumetric DDoS traffic which is being filtered doesn't add to your usage.

Any input is welcome though so I really appreciate the comment and thanks for the good wishes :smile:

Thanked by 2brueggus DreamCaster
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@marvel

Frankly, Belgium (especially the flamish part) and Netherlands are very close and not just geographically, so, sorry but I don't think that "buy belgian!" will carry more than insignificant business.

But again, my point is not to bash you, and I can understand that having a not-french and not-netherlands option may be attractive for many.

My point is (a) lack of information like network cap. (10 Gb/s? 40 Gb/s; ..?) and the DDOS volume (both in Gb/s and packets/s), and (b) the "packaging" of your product.
    Re (b) I mean that most people dislike and are not attracted by a product they perceive as sub-par where extra money (virtually no matter how little) needs to be spent to make it par.
    Your processor is quite nice (certainly for a cheap VPS), your disk even generous (I often see 5 and 7 GB at the lowest end). As your memory is relatively large and your traffic volume definitely too small I suggest to increase pricing a bit and, if needed to cut down mem. to e.g. 384 MB but to increase traffic to min 0.5 TB.

Context: I like very small VPS and have quite a few of them, which means 2 things for you: I think I know the market and I know what most customers expect. My "trigger" to comment was that I thought something like "Hmm, Belgium? Nice, something outside the boring normal locations and highly likely well connected. A Zen 1 Epyc? Nice, almost too good for that price range. 512 MB RAM? Nice, actually more than I expect for that price. 10 GB redundant storage? Hmm, let's see; if it works well and is reasonably fast I'll like it. ... But WAIT! WHAT? 256 GB traffic? Nuh, forget it click away".

• @jsg Then they click away. Like you've said yourself there are much better options for high traffic vps in The Netherlands. I rather give better hardware specs than more bandwidth which I can't compete on anyway.

But time will tell, I might tweak it later on.

• Bought one have been happy, the 256gb bandwith is enought cause I rotate servers on wireguard vpn anyway.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2020

@marvel Let me make a suggestion for you that I think may fix something here. Most will not notice that when you go to order for that you actually have relatively cheap bandwidth upgrade prices, instead, they will see just the small amount of transfer. I propose you do one of two things:

1. Start the service off with 1TB of transfer and instead of showing only upgrade options in the boxes, allow the customer to downgrade to 256MB for savings (then can mention this in your post and curious people who really only want small amount will have a pleasant surprise when they downgrade)
    2. Create separate services one with 1TB and one with 2TB of transfer and post those packages here additionally -- while it seems silly, having that direct click that shows just the resources that you are interested in, helps with the purchasing flow and will prevent the thought of "wow that looks to be too little" and since the upgrades are only a nominal cost anyways and this place thrives on low cost deals, it allows you to have more deals to choose from in your post.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @marvel Let me make a suggestion for you that I think may fix something here. Most will not notice that when you go to order for that you actually have relatively cheap bandwidth upgrade prices, instead, they will see just the small amount of transfer. I propose you do one of two things:

1. Start the service off with 1TB of transfer and instead of showing only upgrade options in the boxes, allow the customer to downgrade to 256MB for savings (then can mention this in your post and curious people who really only want small amount will have a pleasant surprise when they downgrade)
    2. Create separate services one with 1TB and one with 2TB of transfer and post those packages here additionally -- while it seems silly, having that direct click that shows just the resources that you are interested in, helps with the purchasing flow and will prevent the thought of "wow that looks to be too little" and since the upgrades are only a nominal cost anyways and this place thrives on low cost deals, it allows you to have more deals to choose from in your post.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

You might be right. Thanks for the suggestion! Those limits seem a bit outdated.

Anyway I'm adding another 1 gbps line soon so I'll probably just switch to unmetered FUP. Or perhaps way more volume and 100 mbps unmetered when it's used. I'm not sure yet. I could even do 250 mbps true unmetered, or perhaps offer different types.

From what I can see people don't use much bandwidth anyway, it spikes a bit at the beginning then it stabilizes over time.

I'm also adding 3900XT servers now so I will put the sale on hold for now until I got things back organized. I'm also switching to Proxmox and added IPv6 and isolated LAN plus I need a bulk storage option as well.

Stay tuned for more :blush:

• @marvel :)
    After the new deployment, I hope you can catch up with Black Friday

Peak sales

• @Jones said:
    @marvel :)
    After the new deployment, I hope you can catch up with Black Friday

Peak sales

Yeah I won't make this years BF. It's ok though I hope to sell not just only on BF :wink: