Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What BF2019 you are not renewing this year?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What BF2019 you are not renewing this year?

Tell us about the deal you brought but never got to use or no longer use..

Maybe use this thread to pass on the deal to someone who might want it if your provider allows transfers

Thanked by 1dustinc

Comments

• Idling counts as use...right?

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Giving up on your old provider? Consider these before they're gone: https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/1111-specials

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2020

@dustinc You got me! :open_mouth:
    Should've got the smallest but next one up was just too good a value compared to my three soon to be cancelled Virmach ones.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Cancelling virmachs, found them utterly useless tbh.

Thanked by 2Ganonk dedicados
  • I'm keeping hold of one - the two additional IPs are useful and I've had no problems with it. :)

• none ! looking forward to get some new

• @dahartigan said:
    Cancelling virmachs, found them utterly useless tbh.

Are you willing to share your experience with them ?
    From the poll results, they are ranking pretty high with those votes.

• @tokoyuki said:

@dahartigan said:

Are you willing to share your experience with them ?
    From the poll results, they are ranking pretty high with those votes.

I had no interaction with anyone from Virmach, never opened tickets etc, so I have nothing to say about those aspects.

The servers themselves are fine, it's that in my case the deals I got had very small resources which made them impractical for what I use them for - a cheap yearly place to stage projects, take over a small task, etc.

In my case, those projects/tasks required a bit more than what was available to me with the virmach bf deals. Ive recently stocked up on enough racknerd 11.11 gems to definitely see me through the year, and a heck of a lot more practical for my intended use.

To each their own..

• Servarica's ipv6 only 500GB $12/year
    lack of ipv4 network really annoys me to be honest.

Thanked by 2alilet dedicados
  • godslayergodslayer Member
    edited November 2020

I have already got my hostslick VPS deleted.

• @elliotc said:
    Servarica's ipv6 only 500GB $12/year
    lack of ipv4 network really annoys me to be honest.

if you are willing to let it go, I am ready to take that.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@dahartigan said:

BF2017, 384MB, $4
    It's underutilized at the moment: Asterisk, where I can call my bedroom from my bathroom.
    Given it's cheaper than a chocolate bar, I'm keeping it for future use.

@godslayer said:
    I have already got my hostslick VPS deleted.

BF2019, 4GB, $25
    After two downtimes (complete with IP changed and data wiped) and slow speeds to China, I'm definitely canceling this one.
    It's currently running a Wikipedia offline archive for my father to read. This can be moved to one of my other boxes.

Thanked by 2dahartigan godslayer
  • Might cancel the Virmach one too. This RackNerd thing is looking real good. Any test IPs @dustinc?

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2020

@Ouji said:
    Might cancel the Virmach one too. This RackNerd thing is looking real good. Any test IPs @dustinc?

My advice is to get them before they are out of stock. (aff)

They have a looking glass/test IPs here you just pick which one from the page.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dahartigan said: My advice is to get them before they are out of stock.

Affiliated link?

• Yea, I agree. Even if you get a "better deal" from @VirMach ...it is impossible to place order given their website can't handle load during BF sales.

@dustinc aka Racknerd looks solid to me. I got the 10$ seatle plan

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Also, which locations are not CC, if any?

• @Ouji said: Also, which locations are not CC, if any?

Only Los Angeles & Amsterdam

• Letting virmach go. They don't seem too intereste din LowEnd this year

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2020

I renew all my previous Black Friday offers. I do admit that Rackenerd offer is tempting, but I already idle with @Virmach in ColoCrossing data centers.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Virmach, phpfriends, netcup, many small providers took one courtesy VPS when offer posted including NAT VPSes

• I renewed bf2019 and look forward to bf2020

• @dustinc said:
    Giving up on your old provider? Consider these before they're gone: https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/1111-specials

Are these on CC? if yes, any of the locations is not?

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @mariomk it appears from the abundance of threads that Los angeles (I think its DC02) on the two most expensive 1111 specials is multicom.

Thanked by 2dustinc Mariomk
    edited November 2020

@Mariomk said:

@dustinc said:

Are these on CC? if yes, any of the locations is not?

Plan three, four, and five listed here: https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/1111-specials have the option to select Los Angeles. And for Los Angeles, we are leveraging Multacom's network as @Unbelievable mentioned.

I hope that we can earn your business.

Thanked by 1Mariomk
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2020

@dustinc Seeing as you're here..
    No option to boot from ISO? The rescue boot only has 240MB RAM and 375MB disc space available, so a qemu netboot could be problematic. (The CentOS 7 template partitioning is awful!)
    CentOS-7-x86_64-NetInstall-2009.iso 2020-10-26 16:26 575M

@AlwaysSkint said:
    No option to boot from ISO? The rescue boot only has 240MB RAM and 375MB disc space available, so a qemu netboot could be problematic. (The CentOS 7 template partitioning is awful!)

We can download and mount any desired Linux ISO, just ticket in and we'll help :)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @dustinc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

We can download and mount any desired Linux ISO, just ticket in and we'll help :)

Confirmed. Their support is fast, I request mount ISO and get reply in under 10 mins.

Thanked by 2dustinc skorous

@sonic said:

@dustinc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Confirmed. Their support is fast, I request mount ISO and get reply in under 10 mins.

:) love it! We try our best.

• Yep 5 star service - let's hope I don't want to reconfigure too often though. ;)