Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which free panel do you use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which free panel do you use?

Hello,

which free (open-source) panel do you use to manage your web and email hosting?

Some of them are going in wrong direction, with every update they make more mess.

Comments

• Used Cyberpanel before, now I always use KeyHelp, fully brandable as well and easy to install.

Thanked by 2Mister Ympker
  • @HyperK9 said:
    Used Cyberpanel before, now I always use KeyHelp, fully brandable as well and easy to install.

Which distro do you use for it? Do you use own nameservers or external dns?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Mister said:

@HyperK9 said:
    Used Cyberpanel before, now I always use KeyHelp, fully brandable as well and easy to install.

Which distro do you use for it? Do you use own nameservers or external dns?

I am an Ubuntu guy, but I am looking at using Debian since it is much better for networking stuff, they are very similar anyway.

For nameservers, I just use Vultr DNS since it is free, has DNSSEC support and is anycasted (multiple locations). I am moving to my own DNS, anycasted hosted on a few nodes around the world

Thanked by 2Mister Ympker
  • myvesta

Thanked by 2Mister dpeca
  • I've been testing Cyberpanel I like it so far

Thanked by 1Mister
  • aapanel / cloudpanel.io

Thanked by 2Mister clarity_64
  • aapanel

Thanked by 1Mister
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Directadmin.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Mister wdmg
  • MisterMister Member
    edited November 2020

DirectAdmin is cool for larger servers and commercial projects. 1GB/2GB RAM VPS is not so for DA.

• for managing two websites imo nobody needs a control panel. for mail hosting mailcow.

• aapanel +1

• aapanel +1

• Command line doesn't bite. Really! Once you get over that, try Ansible. Your life won't ever be the same! :p :D

• KeyHelp is the best imho.

• ISPconfig + nginx. I've been using it for years and it is rock-solid.

Thanked by 2Ympker coolice
  • Currently using hestiacp

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 2020

Froxlor, easy install and all services can be customized natively without interfering with the panel.

• Keyhelp/ISPConfig is great. Prefer Keyhelp's UI.

Thanked by 2coolice Falzo
  • Closed source freeware .. keyhelp
    Open source .. ispconfig/hestiacp

Thanked by 2Ympker Falzo
  • Does keyhelp support Centos 7?

• For litespeed/openlitespeed i use Cyberpanel
    Nginx hestia CP

• @Chalipa said:
    Does keyhelp support Centos 7?

No, Keyhelp only runs on Debian or Ubuntu.

Thanked by 2Ympker Chalipa
  • @Prime404 said:

@Chalipa said:
    Does keyhelp support Centos 7?

No, Keyhelp only runs on Debian or Ubuntu.

One of the reasons I love it :) I understand many prefer CentOS but I have always been a Debian/Ubuntu user.

Thanked by 1Chalipa
  • @Ympker said:
    One of the reasons I love it :) I understand many prefer CentOS but I have always been a Debian/Ubuntu user.

I don't mind either of the two to be fair, but in all fairness it is a good thing that they are limiting the support to just a few different distributions to make it easier to maintain. Many panels have failed due to that the developers have been taking water over the head and been making the codebase hard to maintain, due to supporting too many different softwares/distributions.

The only major concern I have is that a large portion of Keyhelp is encoded in Ioncube, so you don't really know what is actually running on the system or what their installation/upgrade scripts does.

With that said, I have been running it on a VPS for 2 years and thus far no issues.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.
    For others, I use command.

• @elliotc said:
    For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.

Any specific reasons for using cyber panel ? (Since rest is commandline, was wondering why not webinoly etc for WP)

• I use aapanel

• seenuseenu Member
    edited November 2020

is keyhelp stable?

@vyas11 said:

@elliotc said:

Any specific reasons for using cyber panel ? (Since rest is commandline, was wondering why not webinoly etc for WP)

probably OLS + LSCache plugin

My reason is same.

• @vyas11 said:

@elliotc said:

No, just I installed it long time ago, and it kinda work. Willing to migrat to a shared hosting, but I don't want any extra work.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @seenu said:
    is keyhelp stable?

Absolutely! KeyHelp is very stable on my installation.
    One thing to keep in mind is that on small servers, you'll need to disable antivirus checks and ClamAV so that you don't run out of RAM.

Thanked by 3seenu Ympker Falzo