Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice on what to do with email hosting.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need advice on what to do with email hosting.

Im currently with racknerd @dustinc, and got pretty good deal on their reseller cpanel hosting. Pretty happy with them only that I've noticed tho that a lot of emails were not reaching our clients, especially those connected to microsoft like hotmail, msn, live and outlook and some select few like yahoo and icloud. Well, looking back thats a lot.

Opened a ticket with them and they told me a dedicated IP "may" fix it and they emailed all concerned services so they get unblocked. So I asked for a trial eedicated IP, well it worked on some but still blocked on microsoft emails services. I think their whole ASN is blocked which is unfortunate.

I have a few accounts that sends out occasional emails but most are important and it get annoying that our clients complain they dont receive the emails we're sending.

Ive looked into just doing gsuites for emails but thats a $6 value per domain, which is not feasible.

Anyone has a tip or advise you can give me about this situation? Thanks.

Thanked by 1dustinc

Comments

• edited November 2020

Use MXroute for your email solution, very premm..

Thanked by 1kennsann
  • Wait for bf, grab mx route, enjoy life. Do not do email your self. It is very hard.

Thanked by 1kennsann
  • @LTniger said:
    Wait for bf, grab mx route, enjoy life. Do not do email your self. It is very hard.

I dont plan to, was hoping to get recommendations like those.

What's the typical bf deals of mxroute? Since I need this asap so might grab their smallest plan in the mean time.

• SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited November 2020

Did you set SPF and DKIM ?

DMARC might also help to send a positive signal.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2020

SmallWeb also offers Email Hosting via MXroute. Our pricing is pretty similar once currency conversion is done but we also offer a smaller entry level 5GB plan too.

But if you're not in a rush, Black Friday is best.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

Geek Solutions does email hosting and email relay (SMTP relay) starting from $24/year.

https://console.geeksolutions.ca/index.php?/cart/smtp-relay/

• +1 MX Route

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

Our Email services r powered by mxroute https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/166926/do-you-need-email-hosting-starts-4-5-yr-free-migration
    that coupon still got 10 uses left :)

Regards

Thanked by 1jugganuts
  • @Abdullah7310 said:
    Hi,

Our Email services r powered by mxroute https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/166926/do-you-need-email-hosting-starts-4-5-yr-free-migration
    that coupon still got 10 uses left :)

Regards

This is pretty good offer than directly getting it. Hope support would be at par with MXRoute, will take the plunge, thanks!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yeah I mean honestly what you're describing is the hell that I'm trying to take on for you at MXroute.

I've rarely met a single IP that can consistently email Yahoo, Verizon, AT&T, and Outlook all from one IP.

I had to go to the CEO of Verizon to deal with their brands recently because now they all block together as one and that means Yahoo, AOL, a ton of brands they own. Meanwhile I mitigated the delivery issues and no one had delivery trouble, but this was to get our first owned /22 off their block list (which from what I can tell, is now the default place any range ends up that isn't whitelisted). I had to argue with MS for 2 weeks for the same reason.

Hosting providers really don't have to do anything wrong to get blocked, and it's not unreasonable for them to not go through what I do to get unblocked.

• @jar said:
    Yeah I mean honestly what you're describing is the hell that I'm trying to take on for you at MXroute.

I've rarely met a single IP that can consistently email Yahoo, Verizon, AT&T, and Outlook all from one IP.

I had to go to the CEO of Verizon to deal with their brands recently because now they all block together as one and that means Yahoo, AOL, a ton of brands they own. Meanwhile I mitigated the delivery issues and no one had delivery trouble, but this was to get our first owned /22 off their block list (which from what I can tell, is now the default place any range ends up that isn't whitelisted). I had to argue with MS for 2 weeks for the same reason.

Hosting providers really don't have to do anything wrong to get blocked, and it's not unreasonable for them to not go through what I do to get unblocked.

I appreciate the work you put into it and I dont want to go thru what you went thru just to get white listed so I'd rather just buy from your services (or a reseller for that matter). Ordered with @Abdullah7310 but it's been an hour, dunno how long it'll get provisioned tho but I'm excited to use it.

Thanked by 2jar Abd
  • I too took @Abdullah7310 up on that offer. I mean a chance to try mxroute at only $6 year is a no Brainer.

Iv been pending for a couple hours as well but I'm not worried.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • I'm also with RackNerd but all my mail is with Migadu, Switzerland with DNS delegated to Cloudflare for most of domains. Instant DKIM, SPF & DMARC in less than 30 minutes - their prices went up recently but worth it especially if you have multiple domains. I'm on the mini plan. https://www.migadu.com/pricing/

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @JSun said:
    I'm also with RackNerd but all my mail is with Migadu, Switzerland with DNS delegated to Cloudflare for most of domains. Instant DKIM, SPF & DMARC in less than 30 minutes - their prices went up recently but worth it especially if you have multiple domains. I'm on the mini plan. https://www.migadu.com/pricing/

Bit expensive compared to MXroute tho.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@kennsann said:

@jar said:

I appreciate the work you put into it and I dont want to go thru what you went thru just to get white listed so I'd rather just buy from your services (or a reseller for that matter). Ordered with @Abdullah7310 but it's been an hour, dunno how long it'll get provisioned tho but I'm excited to use it.

Morning!

Just provisioned all pending orders.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

How about Amazon SES+a VPS?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jar said:
    this was to get our first owned /22 off their block list (which from what I can tell, is now the default place any range ends up that isn't whitelisted).

This is so sad. I still remember me hand-typing SMTP commands into telnet to send emails. Looks like this trick can never work again.

Thanked by 1jar