Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage KVM-Romania-1gbps-2tb hdd-10tb traffic/mo Only 50 in stock !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage KVM-Romania-1gbps-2tb hdd-10tb traffic/mo Only 50 in stock !

cociucociu Member
edited October 2020 in Offers

Hello people ,

like i have promised we will offer in very limited stock (only 50 for the moment) follow config in our dc from Oradea/Romania (norway will be offered in BF) :

Storage kvm 2tb

1 core (E5-2450L) fair share.
1 gb ram
2 tb Hdd
10tb traffic/mo
1 ipv4
1gbps port speed

price : 50 eur/year or 101 EUR/3years https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=479

Usual questions what people ask :

can you combine 2 orders in one ? my answer is : NO
can i buy aditional traffic in such offers ? my answer is : NO
Will offer this special offer in Norway ? My answer is yes but will be in BF and will be limited quantity.
Do you offer custom iso ? my answer : for the moment no but if you search in my other threads some customer do this via novnc console.
Do you offer ipv6 ? my answer ... for the moment no and is not a priority for hostsolutions to implement this in the near future .
Is the offer recurring ? my answer is : i am not adept to up the price so almost sure yes is recurring except some external terms , like electrical cost , ip cost but all this we will see past 3 years.

Aditional ip cost ? 1 eur/mo.

The port speed is shared so if you do all day/night traffic try to stay under 200mbps.

Delivery time for the first 20 orders is estimated 2 hours. The rest one monday/tuesday .

Any question related to this offer please post here , other comments if is not related please respect this thread.

Thanks ,
Marius

Comments

• Nice offer.

• Good offer, but wasn't this supposed to be a surprise for Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

• @default said: Good offer, but wasn't this supposed to be a surprise for Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

will be another xx in BF , we just want to avoid overload in this days

• 2TB at almost 34 Euro/year that’s very impressive.

I have like 85$ Credit in my host solutions account, is it possible I can pay partial with that and then rest with my credit card?

• @ps20090 said: I have like 85$ Credit in my host solutions account, is it possible I can pay partial with that and then rest with my credit card?

yes no problem.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2020

@cociu said:

@default said: Good offer, but wasn't this supposed to be a surprise for Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

will be another xx in BF , we just want to avoid overload in this days

That overload is what makes Black Friday madness interesting. By the time a consumer asks himself: "Is it worth it?" or "Should I get this?" or "Will server be useful?" ... the offer is already sold out, and consumer goes into non-buyer remorse. It's the beauty of Black Friday.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Hey off-topic but I can edit or reply to my previous post as I am on iPad but there is apply credit option in invoice. But you need to go on unpaid invoice first and then the option will show up. I applied credit and then paid rest with credit card. Very nice cociu, amazing offer and thanks for applying credit in unpaid invoice so easy. Wish you success in your company. I am very happy with your service.

• @default said: That overload is what makes Black Friday madness interesting. By the time a consumer asks himself: "Is it worth it?" or "Should I get this?" or "Will server be useful?" ... the offer is already sold out, and consumer goes into non-buyer remorse. It's the beauty of Black Friday.

true , but in the other hand for us is a huge preassure with many chanse to faill so i prefere do this offers before and focus in BF in something what we have not offered until now , have some plans.

• @ps20090 said: Hey off-topic but I can edit or reply to my previous post as I am on iPad but there is apply credit option in invoice. But you need to go on unpaid invoice first and then the option will show up. I applied credit and then paid rest with credit card. Very nice cociu, amazing offer and thanks for applying credit in unpaid invoice so easy. Wish you success in your company. I am very happy with your service.

thanks man , also i am glad when i see my customers is happy. I think your order is in the first 20 so will be activated soon.

• This is a dracula offer.. premm..

• wait on BF prem prem dracula offer :D

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2020

@ofit said:
    wait on BF prem prem dracula offer :D

Too many offers like these, and we will be left without blood soon. We will then become vampire sisters, on the darkest night of the Blackest Friday, in the year of the Lord 2020.

Thank God price of silver is going up (1 silver ounce = 20 eur), so people can no longer banish our tempting blood-sucking VPS offers.

Happy Halloween.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • Bought one! Absolutely amazing price! Accidentally made a second invoice tho so you probably want to remove that :)

• @drunkendog said:
    Bought one! Absolutely amazing price! Accidentally made a second invoice tho so you probably want to remove that :)

Happy to see you happy. You won't need to ask for a slot anymore :smirk:

• @cociu - does this offer include Raid10, like the previous 1TB offers?

• @cociu most interesting question what CPU performance?

• @ofit said:
    @cociu most interesting question what CPU performance?

Still the same cpu as previous offer, so GB4 around 950-1200 and GB5 around 250-300

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Sorry for the newbie querie, I am a new user. Is it possible to add this storage to google drive to increase storage?

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Did you implement instant provisioning? My VPS came very fast :)

• @drunkendog said: Bought one! Absolutely amazing price! Accidentally made a second invoice tho so y

@lentro said: Did you implement instant provisioning? My VPS came very fast

is romania , our home and one node was already prepared , so i think you have been in the first 20 orders for this ....

Thanked by 1lentro
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@ravul said: Sorry for the newbie querie, I am a new user. Is it possible to add this storage to google drive to increase storage?

This is a listing for what's called a VPS, or Virtual Private Server. Basically, it's a remote Linux computer with the specs listed. Imagine having an additional computer with a lot of storage. That doesn't increase your Google Drive storage, and neither does this. However, you can upload your files to this instead, assuming you have enough Linux experience to set it up.

• @lentro said:

@ravul said: Sorry for the newbie querie, I am a new user. Is it possible to add this storage to google drive to increase storage?

This is a listing for what's called a VPS, or Virtual Private Server. Basically, it's a remote Linux computer with the specs listed. Imagine having an additional computer with a lot of storage. That doesn't increase your Google Drive storage, and neither does this. However, you can upload your files to this instead, assuming you have enough Linux experience to set it up.

Additionally you can mount google drive and copy between them.

• yeah, something like rclone will do the job pretty well.

• @lentro said:

Holy shit..an actual polite response with detailed information.

Gotta check this day in my calendar.

• anyone got any bench scores?

• edited October 2020

@seenu said:
    anyone got any bench scores?

If you look for CPU bench, GB4 score around 950-1200 and GB5 score around 250-300

Thanked by 1seenu
  • ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited October 2020

@seenu said: anyone got any bench scores?

Tell me what scripts to run to benchmark and I will run and post results.

-------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2020-10-31 21:36:09 UTC

Processor:    Common KVM processor
    CPU cores:    1
    Frequency:    1795.672 MHz
    RAM:          985M
    Swap:         -
    Kernel:       Linux 4.15.0-122-generic x86_64

Disks:
    sda      2T  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        8.732 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        14.099 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        9.098 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 133.0 us / 367.5 us / 79.2 ms / 1.59 ms
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 8.95 k requests in 5.00 s, 2.18 GiB, 1.79 k iops, 447.3 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    156.40 MiB/s
        2nd run:    237.46 MiB/s
        3rd run:    172.62 MiB/s
        average:    188.83 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         81.77 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        22.03 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   4.05 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      18.10 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         8.42 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

Everyone must be bench-marking the new server, installing scripts so that's why it might be slow but usually it performs much much better.

Thanked by 2default seenu
  • @ps20090 said:

@seenu said: anyone got any bench scores?

Tell me what scripts to run to benchmark and I will run and post results.

YABS

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

• ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited October 2020
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-09-21                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat Oct 31 22:47:10 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1795.672 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 985M
    Swap       : 0B
    Disk       : 2.0T

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 8.85 MB/s     (2.2k) | 4.55 MB/s       (71)
    Write      | 8.89 MB/s     (2.2k) | 4.78 MB/s       (74)
    Total      | 17.75 MB/s    (4.4k) | 9.34 MB/s      (145)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 4.07 MB/s        (7) | 8.50 MB/s        (8)
    Write      | 4.59 MB/s        (8) | 9.63 MB/s        (9)
    Total      | 8.66 MB/s       (15) | 18.13 MB/s      (17)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 819 Mbits/sec   | 211 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 806 Mbits/sec   | 319 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 816 Mbits/sec   | 290 Mbits/sec  
    Wifx            | Zurich, CH (10G)          | 812 Mbits/sec   | 295 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 620 Mbits/sec   | 65.2 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 780 Mbits/sec   | 269 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 635 Mbits/sec   | 140 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy           
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy           

Geekbench 5 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

Thanked by 2default seenu
  • How do I run Geekbench? I tried to run manually from commands on internet and it stopped in the middle, no score or URL given in end

Geekbench 5 is in tryout mode.

Geekbench 5 requires an active Internet connection when in tryout mode, and 
    automatically uploads test results to the Geekbench Browser. Other features 
    are unavailable in tryout mode.

Buy a Geekbench 5 license to enable offline use and remove the limitations of 
    tryout mode.

If you would like to purchase Geekbench you can do so online:

https://store.primatelabs.com/v5

If you have already purchased Geekbench, enter your email address and license 
    key from your email receipt with the following command line:

./geekbench5 -r <email address> <license key>

Running Gathering system information
    System Information
      Operating System              Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS 4.15.0-122-generic x86_64
      Model                         QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996)
      Motherboard                   N/A
      BIOS                          SeaBIOS rel-1.13.0-48-gd9c812dda519-prebuilt.qemu.org

Processor Information
      Name                          Common KVM processor
      Topology                      1 Processor, 1 Core
      Identifier                    GenuineIntel Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 1
      Base Frequency                1.79 GHz
      L1 Instruction Cache          32.0 KB
      L1 Data Cache                 32.0 KB
      L2 Cache                      4.00 MB
      L3 Cache                      16.0 MB

Memory Information
      Size                          985 MB

Single-Core