Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Wordpress Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Wordpress Hosting

Comments

• @sonic said:

@yokowasis said:
    Does it come with cache solution / security ? Let's say my website suddenly get popular on reddit.

Does it handle spike very well ?

No, we all know it. It's time to go with paid/premium hosting

Well, I am talking about the paid plan.

• @yokowasis said: Does it come with cache solution / security ?

It comes with mod_security and Cloudflare shielding. It is better than nothing. Cache solution atm is memcache.

@yokowasis said: Does it handle spike very well ?

Depends. Premium package has higher limits, but I would not guarantee it can handle 500 conn/s.

• Too expensive. You'd have to pay me to run website on that crappy wordpress-cms...

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @tokoyuki said: can't login, smh

Hey buddy, that was actually a bug. I have fixed that, you may login.

• Blocked by Cloudflare, and can not create an account with VPN.
    LOL...

• @cooleo said:
    Blocked by Cloudflare, and can not create an account with VPN.
    LOL...

Sorry mate, I try to avoid some countries due to ongoing abuse onslaught.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@LTniger said:

@cooleo said:
    Blocked by Cloudflare, and can not create an account with VPN.
    LOL...

Sorry mate, I try to avoid some countries due to ongoing abuse onslaught.

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your new service offering.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • Invalid security token. Account not verified!

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @memex said:

This means that somehow you messed up account activation. PM me your e-mail.

• @LTniger said:

@tokoyuki said: can't login, smh

Hey buddy, that was actually a bug. I have fixed that, you may login.

hhmmm, tried to login, it said wrong credentials.
    I know my password is random full of symbol,char,number,etc generated with password manager, but I don't think it's wrong because I use password manager ?
    hhmmm, never mind, let me take a sec to reset the pass.

Entered the email, and it shows The G Recap field is required

What the heck is G recap ? and I don't see any captcha,etc either.
    Does the site still on beta prototype v3 or something ?

• It is google recaptcha. Disable ad block, maybe it's blocking it. Also be sure to enable javascript.

• @LTniger said:
    It is google recaptcha. Disable ad block, maybe it's blocking it. Also be sure to enable javascript.

My ublock origin only block this http://freegeoip.app/
    Checked my dns log also block that only, maybe u are right.
    So I disabled ad block, changed dns to cloudflare/default, and went to incognito mode without all add ons, still not working.
    I even tried different browser, same results.
    No captcha, nothing, empty.
    And I never install addon or touch the javascript, it's always enabled by default. Or I would seen many broken sites by now.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2020

@tokoyuki said:

@LTniger said:
    It is google recaptcha. Disable ad block, maybe it's blocking it. Also be sure to enable javascript.

So I disabled ad block, changed dns to cloudflare/default, and went to incognito mode without all add ons, still not working.
    And I never install addon or touch the javascript, it's always enabled by default. Or I would seen many broken sites by now.

How about now?

• @LTniger said:

@tokoyuki said:

@LTniger said:

How about now?

hahaha, I give up bro.
    got captcha now, can reset now, password still wrong.
    I even manually copy paste to notepad, still wrong credentials it said, smh.
    Do I need to use 123456 as password ? :D :D

• Password length should be no more than 32 characters. I'am also using password manager and no issues... I found your account and yes, I see you didn't login. Try now, and provide error message. First time I see problem like this.

• @tzchz said:

That's correct. Tiny help to fight overwhelming flood of china users with bogus intentions. Just turn off your VPN while signing up.

• It seems the wordpress site I created for testing a month ago has been deleted. I get it the free tier is just for people to try the product and upgrade to paid plans but I can't see how deleting my empty wordpress site will encourage me to upgrade.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @Kiwi83 said:
    It seems the wordpress site I created for testing a month ago has been deleted. I get it the free tier is just for people to try the product and upgrade to paid plans but I can't see how deleting my empty wordpress site will encourage me to upgrade.

Yes, there was an incident with node. At the moment everything runs stable. Try service now. Enjoy free.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

People, it is a free service.

Adjust your expectations.

And don't be a dick; drop VPN when signing up. That ain't asking much. If it is asking too much for you, seek a doctor, a mental one.

Thanked by 3kuroneko23 Levi DP
  • I have an account back in January 2020. Now it is gone.

Luckily they allow me re register with the same email address.

• @LTniger said:

@tzchz said:

That's correct. Tiny help to fight overwhelming flood of china users with bogus intentions. Just turn off your VPN while signing up.

However, I have to use a VPN when registering. Because after turning off my VPN, I received this page:

• @tzchz said:

@LTniger said:

@tzchz said:

However, I have to use a VPN when registering. Because after turning off my VPN, I received this page:

Means your IP is blocked by cloudflare DNS.

• @Fritz said:

@tzchz said:

@LTniger said:

@tzchz said:

So why will this happen? What should I do? 😂

• @tzchz said:

@Fritz said:

@tzchz said:

@LTniger said:

@tzchz said:

So why will this happen? What should I do? 😂

He probably blocked your country I'm guessing he has places like india and china blocked.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2020

@tzchz said: What should I do?

PM me your IP :) .

@SirFoxy said: I'm guessing he has places like india and china blocked.

Block is only on China. I tried to remove it, but within 3 hours I received nearly 113 signups with mostly SEO blogs about some sort of unicorn which makes slime from his poop.

• In the account page. The city field won't take spaces so you can't enter cities like New York. You may want to add a Provence/Region/State field.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Being free service, I think you should have 1 website in free plan, hopefully will reduce some spam + use some spam database to filter out spammers from registration.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @EricS said:
    In the account page. The city field won't take spaces so you can't enter cities like New York. You may want to add a Provence/Region/State field.

Fixed. Thank you for report!

@Saahib said:
    Being free service, I think you should have 1 website in free plan, hopefully will reduce some spam + use some spam database to filter out spammers from registration.

There is very thin layer between healthy security and uncontrollable paranoia which takes us on a spinning madness wheel of barriers which makes UX so much worse that no users will ever complete signup process.

Thank you for suggestion. I will think about this. At the moment 3 website limit is holding pretty good.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited November 2020

Small update:

• Now it's possible to upgrade your website from free to premium plan;
    • Added 'Development mode" for premium websites. What it does: grants more permissions on database, turns off strict security. This was requested as default security measures can interfere with website upgrade / migration in a bad way;
    • 'Limit Access by IP' feature to lock out access to your website for development purposes;
    • Various QoL improvements, such as: alerts about account credit status;

On the work table: Wordpress import tool.

Thanked by 3vyas11 Ympker JasonM