Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Wordpress Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Wordpress Hosting

Introducing free Wordpress hosting.

https://hostwp.net came out of beta stage and is more mature and stable.

Free package includes:

• 1 GB Storage Space (NVMe/SSD)
  • Free Sub-domain
  • Anti-malware Scanner
  • Pre‑Installed SSL Certificate
  • Full Access to Wordpress
  • Multiple Locations (USA and EU)

Limit of free websites per account is 10. Signup and provide feedback if you want to see any features that you miss.

Comments

• I had a test site in the previous avatar of hostwp. Not sure if my account is still active... but Good stuff to try out.

@LTniger Happy to Write a review if I can find my notes from last year

Thanked by 2Ympker Levi
  • Good luck, mate!

Thanked by 1Levi
  • Good luck, I might finally give wordpress a try

• Small changelog:

• Added new server in USA
    • Lifted China, Taiwan and Brazil country restrictions
    • Enabled php-imagick support
    Thanked by 2JasonM coreflux
  • edited September 2020

Thought of trying it out. However, I used a +hostwp in my email address and I think it broke the delivery. :neutral:

Got it. Will try it out.

• Are the users able to upload their own template and plug in?

• you are making a control panel?
    your hosting in the beta stage

• @yokowasis said:
    Are the users able to upload their own template and plug in?

Yes. You receive full version of Wordpress. No restrictions to upload plugins or templates (if they are not malicious of course).

@mhosting_in said: you are making a control panel?

Yes. Hosting is out of beta stage and is stable with current feature set. If you miss any feature, just say what you want and I will try to do it.

• Tested it out a bit. Feels super snappy and responsive. Really simple panel to work with. Would love to see auto SQL login and backup features. (Also, is there any way to migrate a website?)

• @sdglhm said:
    Tested it out a bit. Feels super snappy and responsive. Really simple panel to work with. Would love to see auto SQL login and backup features. (Also, is there any way to migrate a website?)

Thank you for feedback.

• SQL auto-login is under development. Currently only username is auto inserted.
    • Backup and restore (snapshots) available on premium package

As for website migration, do you want to import website into hostwp.net system from external source?

Because at the moment there is only internal migration for premium package (you can migrate EU <-> USA).

• Warning! The Name field needs to be at least 3 characters

🤦‍♂️ My name only contains 2 characters.

• @Kiwi83 said:

Warning! The Name field needs to be at least 3 characters

Are you a legendary Xi?

• @LTniger said:

@yokowasis said:

Yes. You receive full version of Wordpress. No restrictions to upload plugins or templates (if they are not malicious of course).

Yes. Hosting is out of beta stage and is stable with current feature set. If you miss any feature, just say what you want and I will try to do it.

How are you handling people who malicious / viruses / nulled theme and plug-ins? Or a hacked WordPress?

• @yokowasis said:

@LTniger said:

@yokowasis said:

How are you handling people who malicious / viruses / nulled theme and plug-ins? Or a hacked WordPress?

Removing them ASAP. It is impossible to entirely avoid people with malice intents, but non-the-less I try my best.

• @LTniger said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Warning! The Name field needs to be at least 3 characters

Are you a legendary Xi?

I just tried it for a while. It worked pretty well. I like how simple and straightforward it is. I've been using cPanel shared hosting to host my blog, but I rarely login to cPanel after I installed WordPress. 90% of the features that cPanel offers actually mean nothing to me. Keep it simple and clean, focus on the core features, people like me will definitely like your project more.

• I played around with it. Was simple fast, I even tryed playing with my users sql database and works quite well, although I was not able to edit much of my sites sql tables.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Access denied. From South-East Asia.

What's the business model later? Sell premium features, WordPress.com?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited September 2020

@m4nu said: Access denied. From South-East Asia.

I had to re-enable country restriction on Malaysia, Indonesia and China. Sorry mate, but 74 fake signups and massive SPAM was a bit to much for me.

Due to human error (mine) there was accidentally wiped out some of the websites (just order a new one). Unfortunate regex mistake. It was patched with vodka and caviar. My sincere apologize.

• @LTniger said: As for website migration, do you want to import website into hostwp.net system from external source?

Yes. Exactly that. I've seen some other platforms like Kinsta offer this service and I think this would be a good addition.

@LTniger said: Backup and restore (snapshots) available on premium package

That's awesome to hear.

@LTniger said: Anti-malware Scanner

What type of malware scanner are you using? I'm also running a small Wordpress website on a vps and using rkhunter + clamav to scan it periodically.

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • @sdglhm said: What type of malware scanner are you using?

In HWP case there is modified maldet+ClamAV pair. Thank you for suggestions, I will think about import, nice idea.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2020

Small update:

• Added APAC location (Singapore)
    • Added 2-factor authentication
    • Website design improvement
    • Max free websites now 3 instead of 10 (due to massive abuse)
  • Is it usable this time ?
    Or the content gonna all thrown into trashbin after few months ?
    I remember having site back then, but one day, all content just poof...

Thanked by 2JasonM Arthas
  • @tokoyuki said:
    Is it usable this time ?

Yea, it is usable :) . Beta was rough ride, I know.

• @LTniger said:

@tokoyuki said:
    Is it usable this time ?

Yea, it is usable :) . Beta was rough ride, I know.

Tried to register new one, activated, can't login, smh

• @tokoyuki said: Tried to register new one, activated, can't login, smh

Do you get any errors? Contact here: [email protected] for further problem resolution.

• @LTniger said:

@tokoyuki said: Tried to register new one, activated, can't login, smh

Do you get any errors? Contact here: [email protected] for further problem resolution.

Seriously dig your website man! Nice.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • Does it come with cache solution / security ? Let's say my website suddenly get popular on reddit.

Does it handle spike very well ?

• @yokowasis said:
    Does it come with cache solution / security ? Let's say my website suddenly get popular on reddit.

Does it handle spike very well ?

No, we all know it. It's time to go with paid/premium hosting

Thanked by 1Levi