Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Windows on Nocix Custom Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install Windows on Nocix Custom Dedicated Server

TatsTats Member

Hello guys, I am planning to buy a Nocix Custom Dedicated Server, can you guys help me how to install windows on it without buying? Can it be installed through the KVM Panel? Is there any other way to install windows on it?

Comments

• so you want practically crack a windows ?

• It's forbidden to install Windows via their KVM Panel. It will be better to install proxmox, and create windows vm, but still you need license for windows anyway.

• @cociu said:
    so you want practically crack a windows ?

There is free trial windows available too.

• @TeYroX said:
    It's forbidden to install Windows via their KVM Panel. It will be better to install proxmox, and create windows vm, but still you need license for windows anyway.

Is it allowed to install windows through proxmox? How much would the performance be affected if I use proxmox to install windows?

• hzrhzr Member
    edited October 2020

@Tats said: There is free trial windows available too.

Nocix explicitly says do not install windows unless you are paying for the legal SPLA option monthly.

Asking for KVM over IP literally says non-windows os only. Don't try to circumvent this. SPLA partners get audited.

• @hzr said:

Nocix explicitly says do not install windows unless you are paying for the legal SPLA option monthly.

Asking for KVM over IP literally says non-windows os only. Don't try to circumvent this. SPLA partners get audited.

I do not want to violate any agreements, Alright so can I just create Virtualbox in Ubuntu and install windows there? Or even that is prohibited?

• @Tats said: Alright so can I just create Virtualbox in Ubuntu and install windows there

On your own Desktop PC you can do whatever you want. When renting service from provider - read rules.

In your case, just find Windows server provider which will offer you a proper OS template with valid license.

• @Tats said:

@hzr said:

I do not want to violate any agreements, Alright so can I just create Virtualbox in Ubuntu and install windows there? Or even that is prohibited?

Microsoft provides a few OS's in various VM formats for the purpose of testing with like 120 day windows. I also think there might be a dev version of LTSB that doesn't expire.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/

• If they have a rescue cd to boot from you could probably follow the same steps for installing windows on OVH or KIMSUFI.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

via rescue or ipmi.

If you installed it via ipmi make sure to power the machine off before they unplug it.
    May happen that they set you a deadline to remove the windows install if they see it and terminate your services if you reject it.