Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Cloud Platform oversold!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Cloud Platform oversold!

After 150days, of using VPS on Google Cloud Platform, im getting this error

Starting VM instance "instance-2" failed. Error: The zone 'projects/semiotic-abbey-279719/zones/europe-west3-c' does not have enough resources available to fulfill the request. Try a different zone, or try again later.

I mention i got 300$ credit, im still in these money. But its expensive anyway.

Seems Google has no shared resource left :smiley:

Comments

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

Lol, people are busy with getting 300$ for every new Gcloud account. :3

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Free stuff.

Still complains anyway.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • You get this on cloud providers every now and then.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Oh no.

Anyway...

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

have you tried to contact Google help desk? as Google cloud is above of $7 /month, so no google representatives on LET

Thanked by 3TimboJones paco Pwner
  • That's how it works and that's why you have multiple availability zones.

Also, if you tried to start a preemptible instance, they have the rights to don't have spare capacity for this type of instance.

If you need capacity in a particular moment, you should enable a reservation to have guaranteed instances when you need them.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • so one zone in one region is out once. Only over60 other zones and regions to choose from. Im sure google has more resources than all let providers combined and instantly available. Drama fail for @op

• Oversold is when you sell more than what you have. Google is not doing that. They are simply working at 100% capacity. Which is the best possible scenario of every provider.

• Overselling would be if they would be out of resources and you still got your VPS created. So no.

• after 12 hrs, still no fix. Resources on that server is out.. Cant open live ticket, is not available for this moment.

• :lol: i'm wrong

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@mitnick2 said:
    after 12 hrs, still no fix. Resources on that server is out.. Cant open live ticket, is not available for this moment.

Google deadpool?

• Tbh GCP io limit worst than other cloud provider.

Thanked by 1mitnick2
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited October 2020

@Edward_S That's interesting. Do you have any data/sources or is it just a feeling that was expressed somewhere else? Maybe a comparison in 2020 to Azure, Oracle, or AWS? Also what configurations are you looking at to make that statement?

• @Edward_S said:
    Tbh GCP io limit worst than other cloud provider.

I'm also interested about this

For example AWS have base iops burst up to 3000 iops, and after that, the IO will be hardly limited, and I don't think I read something like this on GCP

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@mitnick2 said:
    after 12 hrs, still no fix. Resources on that server is out.. Cant open live ticket, is not available for this moment.

Google deadpool?

The support is available for paid customers at normal providers as hosting companies are not charity!

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2020

@mitnick2 said:
    After 150days, of using VPS on Google Cloud Platform, im getting this error

Starting VM instance "instance-2" failed. Error: The zone 'projects/semiotic-abbey-279719/zones/europe-west3-c' does not have enough resources available to fulfill the request. Try a different zone, or try again later.

I mention i got 300$ credit, im still in these money. But its expensive anyway.

Seems Google has no shared resource left :smiley:

Nice, great logic! Do u really expect services will appear this or similar notification (not have enough resources available) when is node oversold? BTW: Also find other coupon for any free credit and then continue to complain, how they harm you. :+1:

Sure, at all, i do not prefer Google hosting ever (imo here are a lot better services for partially price, regularly), also hate their quite arrogant monopoly and doing, but do not think that they need oversold at their incomes and gains..

• @miu said: also hate their quite arrogant monopoly

In what exactly? Besides search engine and related that is.

Thanked by 1ramonwap
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2020

@serv_ee said:

@miu said: also hate their quite arrogant monopoly

In what exactly? Besides search engine and related that is.

Just search engine (and last period also utube began). edit results/suppress or block sites that are inconvenient" or have "incorrect opinions" (how richest people in the background wish)
    (Although it is impossible to overtake china's 1984 in this, there were also the wildest ideas of visionary mr. Orwell, many times surpassed)

@miu said: Just search engine (and last period also utube began).

There are a ton of other video hosting sites.

• @raindog308 said:

YouTube is probably second most profitable thing google does beside search.
    Most video hosting sites barely make profit which can be seen by the number of ads they place on each page wait YouTube had and probably has a lot of ads . Maybe it's not profitable.. but i am still not turning my ad-blocker off...

• YouTube vanced gang
  • @codelock said:

@raindog308 said:

Most video hosting sites barely make profit which can be seen by the number of ads they place on each page wait YouTube had and probably has a lot of ads . Maybe it's not profitable.. but i am still not turning my ad-blocker off...

• YouTube vanced gang

Is Youtube actually making any money for Google now? A while back they were running it at a huge loss but that was a few years ago. Havent bothered to read up on it anymore.

• @serv_ee said:

@codelock said:

@raindog308 said:

• YouTube vanced gang

Is Youtube actually making any money for Google now? A while back they were running it at a huge loss but that was a few years ago. Havent bothered to read up on it anymore.

Yup YouTube is more profitable than cloud and anything else other than search and advertising.
    https://abc.xyz/investor/static/pdf/2019Q4_alphabet_earnings_release.pdf?cache=05bd9fe

According to 2019 Q4 report YouTube made 11 billion.

Thanked by 1serv_ee
  • @codelock said:

@raindog308 said:

• YouTube vanced gang

Google don't even have to pay for Transit as they connect to most networks directly and then their ad revenue is massive so they have a huge monopoly.

• Only solved by creating a snapshot and used that for making another instance..
    PS: I dont complain, i want my data back. Free or paid, doesnt matter, they would be the same. Isnt the first time providers have problem with HDDs..

• miumiu Member
    edited October 2020

@mitnick2 said:
    Only solved by creating a snapshot and used that for making another instance..
    PS: I dont complain, i want my data back. Free or paid, doesnt matter, they would be the same. Isnt the first time providers have problem with HDDs..

If u have important data, based on this mistake/failure u should do backups, backups, backups, as possible (from now). I know this will not help resolve your issue when already data are away and u do not have backup, but is good , good remember it for future
    (i am also moron and in past lost several time data at HW failures, when "was no time for backups..")

Thanked by 1mitnick2

@ReserveHost said:
    Google don't even have to pay for Transit as they connect to most networks directly and then their ad revenue is massive so they have a huge monopoly.

Being highly profitable is not a monopoly.

Apple, for example, is not a monopoly - there is a ton of competition from Android manufacturers.

Amazon is not a monopoly - there is a ton of competition from Walmart and many others.

etc.

• @miu said:

@mitnick2 said:
    Only solved by creating a snapshot and used that for making another instance..

If u have important data, based on this mistake/failure u should do backups, backups, backups, as possible (from now). I know this will not help resolve your issue when already data are away and u do not have backup, but is good , good remember it for future
    (i am also moron and in past lost several time data at HW failures, when "was no time for backups..")

Are you using a flip phone or something? Do you pay for data by the character?

• miumiu Member

@TimboJones said:
    Are you using a flip phone or something? Do you pay for data by the character?

YES! I use Flinstone prePhone (Silver mammoth edition ultra IV).
    And each written character costs me $1.
    Thank u!

• @raindog308 said:

@ReserveHost said:

Being highly profitable is not a monopoly.

Apple, for example, is not a monopoly - there is a ton of competition from Android manufacturers.

Amazon is not a monopoly - there is a ton of competition from Walmart and many others.

etc.

Not according to EPIC