Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended dedicated servers providers in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended dedicated servers providers in US

Hi guys,

Which dedicated servers providers in US are good and have affordable pricing? Not as low as OVH, but not double the price?
Any provider has 24/7 hardware monitoring and quickly replacing the defective ones?

Thanks.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

ReliableSite.

Thanked by 2comXyz MrRadic
  • If you have a good budget Clouvider is definitely a good choice.

Thanked by 2comXyz Clouvider
  • Besides OVH, you have Clouvider, ReliableSite, GTHost, Limestone Networks and Hivelocity.

Thanked by 2Clouvider MrRadic
  • Nexril, nocix / wsi, 1gservers

Thanked by 2comXyz 1gservers
  • For the prem services I would go @Clouvider
    or maybe you can find suitable dedi from @TNAHosting which has quite limited dedi selection but service is good

• @Clouvider is the obvious pick for quality, however as with everything else in life - quality means higher price tag.
    @TNAHosting has also been pretty solid for me, my server with them has been up ever since last Black Friday (or whenever they had the a $17/m dedicated sale).
    @SpryServers_Tab is an excellent choice for TX/AZ however just like clouvider - its a more premium service with a slightly higher price tag (although currently in my top3 providers)

Good luck!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for all the mentions everyone!

• Unfortunately Cloudvider currently doesn't have what I need in stock.

Right now I'm looking for

CPU: 24 cores/48 threads. Prefer 32 cores/64 threads
    RAM: 128, can be upgraded later
    Storage: 4x1TB NVMe (hardware raid possible? otherwise 4x1TB server grade SSD should work. I need Windows Server to see it as a single disk)
    Bandwidth: currently not an issue, I only use < 1TB per month.
    DDOS protection: might not necessary, the IP is hidden behind Cloudflare
    IP: only 1
    Quick response to hardware issue.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2020

What type of budget range are you looking for?
    Quite a few good suggestions on here, took a look at OVH and their pricing for some systems seem more costly than other hosts.

The 4x NVMe will most likely require software raid however.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • For those kind of machines I would go with 1gservers or ioflood.

• @PureVoltage said: What type of budget range are you looking for?

Around $500/month is good.

• @OhJohn said:
    For those kind of machines I would go with 1gservers or ioflood.

1gservers and ioflood have the servers that I'm looking for, and the price is great.
    Do you have any experience with them regarding the hardware monitoring and replacing?

• for ioflood talk to Anthony from Inception Hosting on the other board - he uses them

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @comXyz said: Do you have any experience with them regarding the hardware monitoring and replacing?

I have servers with both of them and everything is running smoothly from the start.

So far I hadn't any hardware failures so I can't tell about replacing. But both are located in Phoenix and have their data centers in Phoenix, so I assume they don't rely on third parties for onsite work.

In your case I would contact them and ask about monitoring plans and replacement SLAs.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

We build custom dedicated servers if our in stock inventory on our website doesn't fit your requirements. Lots of options to pick from! If you need a quote send me an email [email protected]

-Ryan

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2020

@OhJohn said:

@comXyz said: Do you have any experience with them regarding the hardware monitoring and replacing?

I have servers with both of them and everything is running smoothly from the start.

So far I hadn't any hardware failures so I can't tell about replacing. But both are located in Phoenix and have their data centers in Phoenix, so I assume they don't rely on third parties for onsite work.

In your case I would contact them and ask about monitoring plans and replacement SLAs.

Thanks for mentions everyone. That is correct, we do have on site staff and on site spare hardware to assist in hardware replacements. @comXyz We'd be happy to put together a quote for you if you'd like. Just reach out to sales -at- 1gservers.com with your requirements.

We also have the ability to monitor servers based on ping or HTTP response, as well as other metrics exposed by SNMP should an SNMP daemon be installed on the server.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

Reliablesite, Ioflood, 1gservers

@comXyz said:

@OhJohn said:
    For those kind of machines I would go with 1gservers or ioflood.

1gservers and ioflood have the servers that I'm looking for, and the price is great.
    Do you have any experience with them regarding the hardware monitoring and replacing?

Both are great companies for that area you can't find anything better.

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited October 2020

Webnx all the way. Check out wht for current deals but 10400/32gb/1.2tb nvme/30tb outbound is $65/m. Add few more nvme drives that are required and stay under $100.

Have had few servers with them from 10700k to 10400 and been great. Email for sales from the wht posts, but tech support is fantastic

@comXyz said:

@PureVoltage said: What type of budget range are you looking for?

That's a solid budget, would 2x2TB nvme work for you as well?

• @PureVoltage said:

@comXyz said:

@PureVoltage said: What type of budget range are you looking for?

That's a solid budget, would 2x2TB nvme work for you as well?

I need to run Windows Server 2019 on RAID 10. I have Windows License.

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited October 2020

Couple webnx deals under $500/m

AMD Threadripper 3990x 64 core 128 thread high base clock
    128G DDR4 RAM (256GB for only $64 more!)
    4x 1.2TB Enterprise NVMe (lots of upgrades as well as PCI-E 4.0 drives on hand)
    /29 5x usable ip's
    100TB over 1Gbps

Intel Xeon SP Second Gen Dual CPU Platinum 8224 36 core 72 thread 3Ghz clock, rare CPU
    (also have Intel Dual Platinum 8171M 52 core 104 thread monsters on hand)
    384G DDR4 ECC RAM
    4x 1.92TB SAS3 SSD
    10TB HDD
    /29 5x usable ip's
    100TB over 1Gbps

Under $400

AMD Single CPU EPYC 7742 64 core 128 thread >67,000 Passmark beast!
    256GB DDR4 RAM
    2x 1.2TB Enterprise NVMe (Lots of other drive upgrades, big spinners, more nvme, sas3 raid, etc)
    /29 5x usable ip's
    100TB over 1Gbps

4x CPU Intel E7-8860v4 72x Real cores 144 Threads all at 2.2ghz
    512GB ECC Ram (can upgrade to 3TB!
    10x 400G SSD super fast iops! (or 10x 6TB HDD for lots of storage, 24 bays)
    1Gbps public port and 100TB BW

Really can't beat em with 247 tech support. Just paid for next year on current server with them for the 20% discount. Good luck

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2020

Versaweb has some refreshed plans as well as some new Epyc based ones!

WebNX is also good people. My only complaint is Dan doesn't have a clone of himself so it can be hard to get a hold of him at times. Radic with Reliablesite is a local favorite too, very helpful.

Francisco

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • Wired Blade, Arizona, USA

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep

We would be happy to work with you. Seems like we have the perfect server available for you too. This would be in Psychz, Los Angeles.

Dual Xeon E5-2680v3 (24 Cores, 48 Threads)
    768GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    8x 1TB SATA SSD
    H730P RAID card
    100TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    40Gbps DDoS protection
    /29 IPv4 & /64 IPv6

$349/mo

Let me know if this is something you are interested in.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • Thanks guys, I'm waiting for responses from the mentioned providers. Their sales don't work at weekend so I will update sometime next week.