Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oneprovide 10eur is coming,There may be surprises - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

oneprovide 10eur is coming,There may be surprises

2»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Apparently some servers got packetloss on the nic's check yours.

• Neoon said: Apparently some servers got packetloss on the nic's check yours.

How to check pocketloss?

• Shot2 said: For the HP-based servers, this is a P410 controller.

No cache, no battery, no pass-through, old firmware.

Thanks! So it's not better (some would say it's even worse) than software RAID...

• It saves a bit of processing overhead, but that's it. (And it adds a point of failure in case the controller dies, anyway.)

Thanked by 2datanoise gol3m
  • Wow

i3-2100

5HNbFy.md.jpg

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited October 2020

And it's back!
    https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/38

If you're lucky at the roulette, you can get the "Online Dedibox DC Dell" (i3-540) with 8GB RAM, or the "Online Dedibox DC HP" (i3-2100).

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

And if you are even more lucky, you may get a server in a rack with an uplink that is not hopelessly congested..
    It was a nice deal to try, but the network isn't worth the money; depending on your expectations of course.

• @dfroe said:
    And if you are even more lucky, you may get a server in a rack with an uplink that is not hopelessly congested..
    It was a nice deal to try, but the network isn't worth the money; depending on your expectations of course.

If you order with Online.net directly you can at least pick Paris DC5, which has been the only that has been consistently fast for me. Haven’t had a server there for some 8 months though.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited October 2020

@dfroe said:

That's the roulette, yeah - the same applies to most if not all Online-OneProv servers.

Got some gem of an i3-2100 in Paris DC2, it delivers constant gbit to nearby machines (DC3/AMS); very decent speeds (150-400Mbps) to North America (and constant ~100Mbps to Singapore). Meanwhile another server in Paris DC2 delivered a meager 100Mbps at most to the very same destinations.

edit: all gone, all gone