Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal dispute fee of 15 USD / 14 EUR from December 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PayPal dispute fee of 15 USD / 14 EUR from December 16

This will be "fun", a new PayPal dispute fee of 15 USD / 14 EUR from December 16, 2020:

Section A3.3.2:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/marketing/ua/pdf/GB/en/ua-121620-v2.pdf

And a fee for inactive accounts as well ...

Thanked by 1Ympker

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

You will not be charged a Standard Dispute fee for disputes that are:
    • Inquiries in PayPal’s Resolution Centre that are not escalated to a claim with
    PayPal.
    • Resolved directly between you and the buyer and not escalated to a claim with
    PayPal.
    • Filed by the buyer directly with PayPal as an Unauthorized Transaction.
    • Eligible for PayPal Seller Protection .
    • Claims with a transaction value that is less than twice the amount of
    a Standard Dispute fee.
    • Decided in your favor by PayPal or your issuer.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited October 2020

@AlexanderM that would be nice, where did you read that?

Edit: stupid question because it is just in the referenced document!

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited October 2020

@M66B said: And a fee for inactive accounts as well ...

What?

• M66BM66B Veteran

@serv_ee said:

What?

Indeed, "what?", even 12 euros yearly and as I understood it from another forum, it will even be applied at the end of this year for this year ...

Logging in seems to be enough to "reset" this though.

• @M66B said:

@serv_ee said:

What?

Indeed, "what?", even 12 euros yearly and as I understood it from another forum, it will even be applied at the end of this year for this year ...

Logging in seems to be enough to "reset" this though.

What bullshit is that? I got two accounts on PP that I cant even login to anymore since the domain doesnt exist anymore but my CC are tied to em. Oh well..happy times for my CC issuer when Ill just charge back Paypal with the explanation of "Inactive account fee"

• snahsnah Member
    edited October 2020

The inactivity fee applies to users registered in United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary (Corporate Customers only) Isle of Man, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia.

The inactivity fee will be the lesser of the fee listed below or the remaining balance in your account

• U.K. Pounds Sterling:12.00 GBP
    • Euro:12.00 EUR
    • Czech Koruna:300.00 CZK
    • Hungarian Forint:4,000.00 HUF
    Thanked by 1M66B
  • Yeah, I have a PayPal account too that I can't even access anymore... I deleted my phone number, set another primary one and they still send the 2FA to the old one... Turns out they have a different setting for this, well, too late.

• Is the inactive account fee only for business accounts or does it also apply to personal?

• M66BM66B Veteran

@JoeF said:
    Is the inactive account fee only for business accounts or does it also apply to personal?

As far as I understood it applies to all accounts.

• @M66B said:

@JoeF said:
    Is the inactive account fee only for business accounts or does it also apply to personal?

Oh well paypal can enjoy my cc dispute fee.

Thanked by 1serv_ee
  • @JoeF said:

@M66B said:

The inactivity fee will be the lesser of the fee listed below or the remaining balance in your account

I read that to mean they'll take from your outstanding balance up to the value of the fee. Unless I've misread it they won't be reaching out to charge funding sources like credit cards.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@cochon said:

@JoeF said:

@M66B said:

I read that to mean they'll take from your outstanding balance up to the value of the fee. Unless I've misread it they won't be reaching out to charge funding sources like credit cards.

Indeed, they won't charge from connected payment methods, like credit cards and bank accounts, it seems.

• Good luck all the hosting providers. Some fucked up morons will cause damage.

• jhjh Member

This is going to double overheads at some LET providers.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@jh said:

They just need to lower prices below half of 15 USD / 14 EUR and there won't be any problem ;-)

• paypal need money for his marte rockets. Fuck them really , this is a invented fee to suck more money.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Inactivity fee can be avoided by simply logging in once a year.

• @M66B said:

@jh said:

They just need to lower prices below half of 15 USD / 14 EUR and there won't be any problem ;-)

Isn't it double?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 2020

@TheKiller said:
    Good luck all the hosting providers. Some fucked up morons will cause damage.

Some fucked up morons don't usually win a dispute.

If anything, this will fucked up some moron hosting providers.

It's a good news. Providers can't just refuse refund and change it into credit.

Cough... Kgb... Russian... Cough

• M66BM66B Veteran

@sanvit said:

@M66B said:

@jh said:

Isn't it double?

Yes, I was too optimistic I guess ...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Love to see it. Enjoy it lowend providers, suckers.

• The hosting market is high risk, so Paypal and Stripe don't really want you on there anyways.

• @deank said:
    Love to see it. Enjoy it lowend providers, suckers.

AWS SPY.

• God bless America:

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Lmao. As if providers needed more reasons to dump PayPal ASAP. Especially after the broken WHMCS-PayPal integration fiasco.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:
    The hosting market is high risk, so Paypal and Stripe don't really want you on there anyways.

if you do run business you need to expect the high rick customers everywhere not just hosting industry. In my previous electrical business we had such lovely customers who receive their electrical items and 3-5 months down the line check their credit card statement and trying to chargeback the transaction as they never received the item, such lovely customers forget that they did signed for their parcels.

• I really hope a serious payment processor (for both businesses and regular people) takes over and people start dumping PayPal for good. They have been the most popular payment processor for years and they're taking advantage of that lately. Bastards!

Thanked by 1cociu
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AlexanderM said: You will not be charged a Standard Dispute fee for disputes that are:

+

@AlexanderM said: • Decided in your favor by PayPal or your issuer.

=

Happy me.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@kalimov622 said:
    I really hope a serious payment processor (for both businesses and regular people) takes over and people start dumping PayPal for good. They have been the most popular payment processor for years and they're taking advantage of that lately. Bastards!

You do have such payment gateway called Stripe but not all customers wish to pay via their payment card.

• @WebProject said:

@kalimov622 said:
    I really hope a serious payment processor (for both businesses and regular people) takes over and people start dumping PayPal for good. They have been the most popular payment processor for years and they're taking advantage of that lately. Bastards!

You do have such payment gateway called Stripe but not all customers wish to pay via their payment card.

also, not all countries supported by Stripe.