Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Community Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Community Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• donlidonli Member

@jbiloh said:
    Updated the rules post to reflect that @FAT32 is our newest Administrator.

Thanks and congrats both to @FAT32 for all of his contributions, old and new alike.

Uh oh now we have to be nice to him.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

donli said: Uh oh now we have to be nice to him.

He's a nice guy you should be nice to him! :)

• @jbiloh said:

donli said: Uh oh now we have to be nice to him.

He's a nice guy you should be nice to him! :)

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@donli said:
    Uh oh now we have to be nice to him.

Well don't worry about that, just don't treat me badly :joy:

• Hi friends How are you? all good? I'm glad comrades, my name is Jose Rodas, and I live in Paraguay. I wish you all a beautiful day, and hopefully we all get along well: D

psychological hug haha

• samirosamiro Member

Thanks for the great offers.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited September 2020

Okay, i've been a member here for 9 years. I just now got a "medium warning" from @raindog308 for my thread about the election debates. Medium Warning says "No politics outside Cest Pit". Like where the heck is this rule? I didnt find it and still cant find it. I'm kinda pissed by that because there is absolutely NO rule listed which says "dont create political threads".

"Posting about things other than low end virtual machines/technology in places other than Offtopic. The category is there for a reason." I did post in fact in Offtopic. And there is no rule that says no political stuff here.

What has LET become during the last 2 years [...].

@raindog308 @trewq

• @fLoo

Tired Threads
    These threads are either played out (nothing new to say) or tend to generate more heat than light. Think carefully before wading into them.

The ethics of copyright in the digital age, the ethics of torrenting, BLAH BLAH freaking BLAH MAKE IT STOP.
    Gun control.
    Political debates, this candidate or party vs. that, etc. We're in different countries, for pity's sake.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited September 2020

It still does not say that i'm not allowed to post these threads. Either make a rule for that or let it be. There isnt even one single mention of "Cest Pit", also no rule to not create such topics.

The warning clearly says that im not allowed to post such things while i clearly am according to the rules. Its about the fact that this rule has been made up no more no less. I dont care about the warning but i do care about rules made up on the fly just because someone felt like it.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@fLoo said: It still does not say that i'm not allowed to post these threads. Either make a rule for that or let it be. There isnt even one single mention of "Cest Pit", also no rule to not create such topics.

Fair enough - it's long been a community norm but I'll put it in the rules.

@fLoo said: The warning clearly says that im not allowed to post such things while i clearly am according to the rules. Its about the fact that this rule has been made up no more no less. I dont care about the warning but i do care about rules made up on the fly just because someone felt like it.

No, it's long been our custom not to allow political threads with the exception that anything goes in the Pit.

Now it's an official rule. Probably good timing given the looming US election.

• PHDanPHDan Member
    edited October 2020

Does a "Medium Warning" mean anything? Do other users see that someone has been warned? Can I get a warning so I can rant and bitch about the oppressive, draconian power trippers that run this joint? Would a well placed "You're literally HITLER!!!" towards raindog get me some cool warning swag for my account? I'd like flair if possible.

Edit: Oh, and please don't put this in a more appropriate private message, I'd like this to be in public so I can shame everyone involved that I feel has wronged me.

• @PHDan said:
    Does a "Medium Warning" mean anything? Do other users see that someone has been warned? Can I get a warning so I can rant and bitch about the oppressive, draconian power trippers that run this joint? Would a well placed "You're literally HITLER!!!" towards raindog get me some cool warning swag for my account? I'd like flair if possible.

Edit: Oh, and please don't put this in a more appropriate private message, I'd like this to be in public so I can shame everyone involved that I feel has wronged me.

It’s the default level of warning IIRC.

For stupid stuff like... people with signatures over the 2 line limit (by a bit), I used to just send a DM unless they refused to change it or kept changing it back. If they were blatant and had something like four lines, then I’d leave a small warning (usually low). (the three levels: low, medium, severe)

Thanked by 1PHDan
  • PHDanPHDan Member
    edited October 2020

Thanks doghouch. Obviously my post was a passive aggressive "WTF are you bitching about" but I really do appreciate you taking the time to provide a productive response.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited October 2020

@PHDan said: Do other users see that someone has been warned?

Nope, only mods and that user. All a warning does is put a little "warning" sticker next to the user's name with a note...that's all.

@PHDan said: Can I get a warning so I can rant and bitch about the oppressive, draconian power trippers that run this joint?

Done!

Thanked by 2PHDan FrankZ
  • Thanked by 1raindog308
  • alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited October 2020

@raindog308 I would like to feel pretty too

• thank you

• Segera daftarkan diri anda di agen slot online sekarang juga.

• A long weekend :)

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

BTW. Rules restrict signature with 2 lines. That's okay but can anyone point me to where i could set signature? Usually signature set in Profile but i don't seen it there...

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@rustelekom said:
    BTW. Rules restrict signature with 2 lines. That's okay but can anyone point me to where i could set signature? Usually signature set in Profile but i don't seen it there...

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/signature

Thanked by 1rustelekom
  • @FAT32 & @jbiloh - could LET support a function of hidden following?

For example, following up to X chosen providers, and get notifications when they post offers, just like bookmarking some thread.

This would be useful for people who like a certain provider, or a specific technician, or some chosen auctioneer for domains. You get my point.

I would like such feature to be limited, private, with numbers not being displayed, because I don't want to see LET converted into a competition of advertisements for who has more followers.

• @default said:
    @FAT32 & @jbiloh - could LET support a function of hidden following?

For example, following up to X chosen providers, and get notifications when they post offers, just like bookmarking some thread.

This would be useful for people who like a certain provider, or a specific technician, or some chosen auctioneer for domains. You get my point.

I would like such feature to be limited, private, with numbers not being displayed, because I don't want to see LET converted into a competition of advertisements for who has more followers.

Looking for fiverr gig. Increase My like, follow and subscriber count on LET. Time to aft one more line to my YouTube videos 😂.

But, neat idea. +1

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I was friendly to @FAT32 already before he became an admin because I like him. Can I be forgiven and get away without a warning?

But (evil grin) I think that @jbiloh should get a warning (a severe one, let's be generous) because he disappointed quite a few here by not being the a__hole quite many perceived him to be at the beginning, but rather putting new life into LET and making quite a few (mostly positive IMO) changes.

@jsg said:
    I was friendly to @FAT32 already before he became an admin because I like him. Can I be forgiven and get away without a warning?

But (evil grin) I think that @jbiloh should get a warning (a severe one, let's be generous) because he disappointed quite a few here by not being the a__hole quite many perceived him to be at the beginning, but rather putting new life into LET and making quite a few (mostly positive IMO) changes.

Thanks for the mention and recognition here. We are really working hard -- and putting tons of hours -- into LowEndBox and LowEndTalk.

We have lots of new and exciting stuff coming too.

@default said:
    @FAT32 & @jbiloh - could LET support a function of hidden following?

I like this idea. @FAT32 what do you think?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

Another idea: Ajax preview of topics.

It would be helpful to not actually open a specific thread; instead maybe we could have a preview upon moving the cursor above the title (in frontpage), and see some content from opening post, without actually loading the thread page. This is helpful against click-bait titles, but the downside is it could create an extra load on server side.

• @default said:
    Another idea: Ajax preview of topics.

It would be helpful to not actually open a specific thread; instead maybe we could have a preview upon moving the cursor above the title (in frontpage), and see some content from opening post, without actually loading the thread page. This is helpful against click-bait titles, but the downside is it could create an extra load on server side.

Not really what you described here but I have a inline thread preview feature on BetterLET. Kinda like card expansion on Reddit, allows me to quickly peek at threads.

• Hi :blush:

• seriesnseriesn Member

@SomeBody2L said:
    Hi :blush:

Hello :)