Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to copy from ftp to ftp directly or wich software do you recommend?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to copy from ftp to ftp directly or wich software do you recommend?

hello! im looking for a sofware to copy from FTP to FTP, or how to do it on console ( centos )

put file.gz have to be done 1 by one

is to move 300-400GB from one FTP to another.

Comments

• FXP allows for this, but is kinda insecure

my favorite FTP client is actually a console-based client called lftp, it's fairly easy to use and supports stuff like segmented downloads and site mirroring

• If you have SSH access to both servers, why not use rsync? Otherwise, afaik, your only option for FTP->FTP is with a FTP client (and both FTP servers to be configured to allow FXP) that supports FXP. Two FTP clients that support FXP Are FlashFXP and CrossFTP.

• @texteditor thanks, FXP dont let me do what i want, let me search about lftp

@user123 hello!, i just need to move huge info from one server to another, and delete first one. dont know if rsync can help me.

FlashFXP dont work, and let me check CrossFTP

thanks

• @dedicados said:
    texteditor thanks, FXP dont let me do what i want, let me search about lftp

user123 hello!, i just need to move huge info from one server to another, and delete first one. dont know if rsync can help me.

FlashFXP dont work, and let me check CrossFTP

thanks

Rsync should work for what you need. Alternately if it's just one or a couple huge files, another option would be to make a nested directory with a blank index.html and "wget -c" the list of files to the destination server.
    If it

• thanks, right now im using a bash script i found and modify.

executed on the original server, and move all the files to a FTP, still with errors but do what is expected, let me paste here.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited August 2013

!/bin/sh

cd /cpbackup/daily

USERNAME="username"
    PASSWORD="ohmydamnpassword123"
    SERVER="ftpserver.go"

local directory to pickup *.tar.gz file

FILE="/cpbackup/daily"

remote server directory to upload backup

BACKUPDIR="/"

login to remote server

ftp -ni $SERVER <<EOF
    user $USERNAME $PASSWORD

cd $BACKUPDIR

mput *.tar.gz
    quit
    EOF

forum takes format.

• actually FXP does exactly what you want, it technically is the only way to do FTP->FTP transfers through the FTPds

• If you've got console access to both servers, the smartest and easiest way is rsync. It was built for this, and can resume partial broken transfers

Thanked by 1InfiniteVPSRyan
  • I suggest using .netrc to avoid passing user name/password in plain.