Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020! Calling all providers! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020! Calling all providers!

Comments

• @yoursunny said:

@codelock said:
    I will buy all 5 usd/ year or less offers if there are any 😂

There are plenty of $1~3/year IPv6 only services.
    I have, from 2019:

Gullo DE
    VZ7
    128MB
    /80
    $1/year

Very slow. I don't plan to cancel this one because I can tease the provider to do push-ups at every downtime.
    He did the push-ups but didn't upload the video.
    If I get the push-up video, it'll be priceless.

@stewdetox said:

@yoursunny said:

It's not supposed to have a second IP. Two years ago IPv4 stopped working because I deleted ifupdown package but VZ6 requires it. Tech support thought it's routing problem so they added a second IP.
    I want it deallocated, but the "delete secondary IP" button would trigger a $3.99 support fee.

Wait, so you had network issues and they just threw in a second IP and called it a day? Talk about waste!

It's not network issue. I deleted ifupdown because Debian says it's deprecated in favor of ip, but that breaks VZ6's IP configuration scripts.
    Virmach level 3 in-house tech support added second IP so that I can backup and reinstall, but without ifupdown the second IP wouldn't work either.
    I found the correct solution later: use the ip command I still have to manually configure the IP and install ifupdown again.
    They are supposed to remove the second IP after I reinstall, but they didn't after the ticket is closed.

They could've avoided the waste by identifying the correct solution initially, or not charging a $3.99 fee for opening a ticket to remove the second IP.

@TimboJones said:
    I stand by my original point that cancelling a $3 server to take away a $4 server from someone else makes you a dick.

In the opposite direction, canceling a $4 server to take a $3 server makes me a genius.

@yoursunny said:

@codelock said:
    I will buy all 5 usd/ year or less offers if there are any 😂

There are plenty of $1~3/year IPv6 only services.
    I have, from 2019:

Gullo DE
    VZ7
    128MB
    /80
    $1/year

Very slow. I don't plan to cancel this one because I can tease the provider to do push-ups at every downtime.
    He did the push-ups but didn't upload the video.
    If I get the push-up video, it'll be priceless.

@stewdetox said:

@yoursunny said:

It's not supposed to have a second IP. Two years ago IPv4 stopped working because I deleted ifupdown package but VZ6 requires it. Tech support thought it's routing problem so they added a second IP.
    I want it deallocated, but the "delete secondary IP" button would trigger a $3.99 support fee.

Wait, so you had network issues and they just threw in a second IP and called it a day? Talk about waste!

It's not network issue. I deleted ifupdown because Debian says it's deprecated in favor of ip, but that breaks VZ6's IP configuration scripts.
    Virmach level 3 in-house tech support added second IP so that I can backup and reinstall, but without ifupdown the second IP wouldn't work either.
    I found the correct solution later: use the ip command I still have to manually configure the IP and install ifupdown again.
    They are supposed to remove the second IP after I reinstall, but they didn't after the ticket is closed.

They could've avoided the waste by identifying the correct solution initially, or not charging a $3.99 fee for opening a ticket to remove the second IP.

@TimboJones said:
    I stand by my original point that cancelling a $3 server to take away a $4 server from someone else makes you a dick.

In the opposite direction, canceling a $4 server to take a $3 server makes me a genius.

Doesn't take a genius to know $3 is cheaper than $4

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2020

@seriesn said:

@vip3r09 said:
    It’s worth considering businesses might not be able to offer deals this year due to huge financial economic situation COVID-19 has had on the entire world. So I wouldn’t expect to see a lot of deals posted this year.

I have a gut feeling that this Blackfriday might be the final one for many providers that are decently known in this forum. I honestly expect to see some crazy insane deal as the final crunch.

Hmm okay.
    I was thinking that Providers are growing due to Covid. People staying at home.

We had growth as well due to it. Also for Business customers who needed Servers and consulting/help with Citrix Servers and such to let their employees work from home.
    Has been a good year (business-wise) for us.

However.
    Will make a very attractive Dedicated Server offer for BF2020 as well, as we are going to Rack more around the same time. Will have around 30/40 in stock for this. Will be Storage Dedi for very good price.
    Sending in offer later once I'm back at home :sunglasses: :blush:

• @jugganuts said:
    I think this thread of expecting deals on black Friday is kinda shameful, given the type of year we have had. I like deals as much as the next guy but I don't see this as benifical.

I don't see it that way at all. Not everyone had the same kind of year.

While some sectors -- and the world economy in general -- are negatively affected, this doesn't apply to all businesses. From my limited discussions with people in the hosting industry, I'm hearing that they're doing better than ever (but naturally they're not very public about it; it's never polite to brag).

Incidentally, the market for certain types of consumer goods and collectibles is also very strong. So while there are more than enough losers, there are some winners.

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yokowasis said:

@yoursunny said:

@TimboJones said:

It takes a dick to cancel $3 and take $4.

• @yoursunny said:

@yokowasis said:

@yoursunny said:

@TimboJones said:

It takes a dick to cancel $3 and take $4.

It takes two hands to hold that dick. One for mouse , one for keyboard.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What are people most interested in buying on Black Friday this year?

• @jbiloh said:

Happiness at a discounted rate.

• @jbiloh said:

Lifetime or yearly stuff. No 1st month trahs..

• @jbiloh said:

A working vaccine or medicin against COVID-19 I guess.

That and a cheap small NVMe VPS in Western Europe.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@debaser said: a cheap small NVMe VPS in Western Europe.

Yes, but from a reputable provider and not some summer host 😂 Thank you in advance.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • I want to see deals from https://mzunguhosting.ml/

Thanked by 2default kkrajk
  • I want to see those 20 companies that blew apart last year come back again for another round of which host will survive. Oh Im sorry noone knows who started them so we cant invite them

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Unbelievable said:
    I want to see those 20 companies that blew apart last year come back again for another round of which host will survive. Oh Im sorry noone knows who started them so we cant invite them

We could invite our friend Treudler, some of us should know him :D

Thanked by 1Unbelievable
  • Maybe HostDoc 2.0 also?

• It is TIME. Skip to 06:30 for the curious 👻 :

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited October 2020

I SURE HOPE SOMEONE FINALLY MAKES A 128GB RAMPOWER + 10GBIT OFFER FOR 3$ OR RSGP

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vip3r09 said:
    It’s worth considering businesses might not be able to offer deals this year due to huge financial economic situation COVID-19 has had on the entire world. So I wouldn’t expect to see a lot of deals posted this year.

If anything that's why providers will go hog wild, trying to get some cash flow.

I think this Black Friday is going to be an even bigger blood bath than last years. I think we'll see some larger providers fold/sell if they don't move enough during this BF.

I could be wrong, but i'm not the only one thinking this.

Francisco

• I'm thinking huge consolidation of industry as customers start abandoning conventional hosting. When you can get a built/tested/secure WP VPS for 3.50 a month from Lightsail - why bother with panels and all the assorted crap

• @jbiloh said:

Buying? I thought providers were here to give away free stuff! /s

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@thedp said:
    Yes, but from a reputable provider and not some summer host 😂 Thank you in advance.

@graphic said:
    I want to see deals from https://mzunguhosting.ml/

Do you want deals from https://yoursunny-summer-host.cf/ ?
    It's literally a summer host, because there isn't enough solar generated electricity in winter.

• @Unbelievable said:
    I'm thinking huge consolidation of industry as customers start abandoning conventional hosting. When you can get a built/tested/secure WP VPS for 3.50 a month from Lightsail - why bother with panels and all the assorted crap

I don't even know what that is or if it's dummy proof for someone like me. (I'm guessing you're referring to AWS LS).

• @vimalware said:
    It is TIME. Skip to 06:30 for the curious 👻 :

You affiliate link, I see only 250gb while ordering. How do i avail 500gb offer.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@Galeej said:

@vimalware said:
    It is TIME. Skip to 06:30 for the curious 👻 :

You affiliate link, I see only 250gb while ordering. How do i avail 500gb offer.

It is automatically provisioned with double space later

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@Unbelievable said: Maybe HostDoc 2.0 also?

Perhaps it's already brewing?

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said: BF and CM 2020 are around the corner and we are busy preparing here at LowEndBox and LowEndTalk to make sure we are bringing our users the very best hosting deals of 2020.

Are you asking for offers to post on LEB or LET or both?

@MechanicWeb said:

@jbiloh said: BF and CM 2020 are around the corner and we are busy preparing here at LowEndBox and LowEndTalk to make sure we are bringing our users the very best hosting deals of 2020.

LET offers are posted by the providers directly.

This post was mostly an effort to remind providers to submit their offers to the LEB helpdesk + ask users what they are hoping to see on LEB for Black Friday.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2020

@jbiloh said:

@MechanicWeb said:

This post was mostly an effort to remind providers to submit their offers to the LEB helpdesk + ask users what they are hoping to see on LEB for Black Friday.

I wish either of the following 2 keywords:

1. Unlimited - I want something unlimited; like recurring billing (not just first month), or bandwidth, or CPU usage, or whatever... I want something unlimited to remember of Black Friday 2020.

2. Lifetime - I know good support is a big pain, but lifetime offers (without special support) could be done for licenses like DirectAdmin, ApisCP, and so on.

Thanked by 1shillshocked

@default said:

@jbiloh said:

@MechanicWeb said:

1. Unlimited - I want something unlimited; like recurring billing (not just first month), or bandwidth, or CPU usage, or whatever... I want something unlimited to remember of Black Friday 2020.

2. Lifetime - I know good support is a big pain, but lifetime offers (without special support) could be done for licenses like DirectAdmin, ApisCP, and so on.

Good feedback, thank you. We will keep that in mind.

Thanked by 2default shillshocked
  • @default said:

@jbiloh said:

@MechanicWeb said:

I bet there will be thread for unlimited Price Limit.

Thanked by 1webcraft