Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ryzen 7 3800x / 2 GB Ram / 50 GB ssd [VPS Needed only OVH Game with custom protection]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ryzen 7 3800x / 2 GB Ram / 50 GB ssd [VPS Needed only OVH Game with custom protection]

i want a game server to host CS 1.6 which has specific protection for this UDP flood.

My previous host could not protect from ddos attacks from it since it was OVH Game and to filter or patch takes time some times months . Till date no solution for this kind of attacks which made my server offline.

I had tried various host like :-

1- avoro
2- voxility
3- ovh
4- fast-pipe

Now amongst all of them i feel OVH Game was better in terms of latency wise and better protection but the UDP flood made my server offline for players . we tried alot of iptables rules but did not work.

If any OVH resellers have a custom game profile for HL2source that can protect from query floods that would be great.

VPS specs needed are:-

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x
RAM: 2 Gb or more
Space: 50 Gb ssd or nvme
Network 250 mbit

Thanks and looking forward for the replies.

Comments

• @MikeA ExtraVM is prem!

• @seriesn said:
    @MikeA ExtraVM is prem!

Does ExtraVM protects from the Query flood 12,000 seconds PPS which can make any server offline and new players won't be able to join from the game console?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@amsaal said:

@seriesn said:
    @MikeA ExtraVM is prem!

Does ExtraVM protects from the Query flood 12,000 seconds PPS which can make any server offline and new players won't be able to join from the game console?

If OVH can't protect you then I can't, since most of my VPS locations are hosted on OVH. The ones that aren't probably aren't very good for source servers.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • the search still continues. Because i know that a OVH reseller Game Service provider is using some protection methods which blocks the attack . But they dont sell vps with that need to buy single cs 1.6 server and manage with their custom game panel and ftp. That is why having VPS you have full control over your files and other things.

• Try BuyVM with ddos protected IP by cloudflare magic transit(it's additional IP 3 usd per month), how I know new offer with ryzen will be available in this or next month in Luxembourg.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

You could try going with Zare or Clouvider since they both use Corero. Have had pretty good experience with providers using it myself.

• @amsaal, you could give nfoservers a try. I think they even offer a trial so you can test their services.

• @kalimov622 said:
    @amsaal, you could give nfoservers a try. I think they even offer a trial so you can test their services.

they usually nullroute if large attack? i was their customer way back in 2018 i dont know if things changed. But thanks for your reply i will note it.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2020

@amsaal said:

@kalimov622 said:
    @amsaal, you could give nfoservers a try. I think they even offer a trial so you can test their services.

they usually nullroute if large attack? i was their customer way back in 2018 i dont know if things changed. But thanks for your reply i will note it.

Above 350 Gbps attacks are nullrouted in NFO Chicago location.

After looking into these threads posted by @amsaal @Habeeb , the problem here is that, @Osetec seems to terrorize all competiting pakistani gameservers with his (apparently personal) IoT/ssh/telnet botnet that outputs up to 800 Gbps. While none of them are basically clean from sending attacks towards each others either.

More info about Osetec's attacks at:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/165486/ddos-protected

For example, Amsaal seemed to be very well knowledged with different booter sites and their power in OVH Anti-DDoS Beta chat at Cisco Webex and in the subsequent discord channel.

• Maybe work with @SplitIce and see if they can be of any help? Heard good stuff about them when it comes to filtering the nasties.

Thanked by 2SplitIce amsaal
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@seriesn he's been offered it multiple times in his many threads.

• This guy isn't really looking for a solution, just keeps posting threads without actually buying anything useful.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    This guy isn't really looking for a solution, just keeps posting threads without actually buying anything useful.

this is not a shop where i ask for something and buy straight without looking.

i like to see the options and when i feel thats okay i buy. But cant be forced to buy when there is nothing that provides that thing and protection i want.

• @amsaal said: this is not a shop where i ask for something and buy straight without looking.

This is exactly what you're doing for a while now.

• @stefeman said:

@amsaal said:

@kalimov622 said:

Above 350 Gbps attacks are nullrouted in NFO Chicago location.

After looking into these threads posted by @amsaal @Habeeb , the problem here is that, @Osetec seems to terrorize all competiting pakistani gameservers with his (apparently personal) IoT/ssh/telnet botnet that outputs up to 800 Gbps. While none of them are basically clean from sending attacks towards each others either.

More info about Osetec's attacks at:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/165486/ddos-protected

For example, Amsaal seemed to be very well knowledged with different booter sites and their power in OVH Anti-DDoS Beta chat at Cisco Webex and in the subsequent discord channel.

OVH Anti DDOS beta is still new and as you know we are not sure if we get this flood or not and lets see how it does . i still have few days before i go on next phrase. And remember i posted that ovh invite here :)

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@amsaal said: this is not a shop where i ask for something and buy straight without looking.

This is exactly what you're doing for a while now.

ok relax .

• amsaalamsaal Member
    edited October 2020

@seriesn said:
    Maybe work with @SplitIce and see if they can be of any help? Heard good stuff about them when it comes to filtering the nasties.

let me check it with him.

• @SplitIce said:
    @seriesn he's been offered it multiple times in his many threads.

we tried the same on one of OVH reseller but did not work the same method you offered me. anyways thanks for your help.

• Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2020

Hi, you can give a try to our KVM VPS's.

We include a 100 Gbps Corero SmartWall protection.

if the attack bypass the protection, you can give us a dump and we will filter it.

Order here: https://sonicfast.io/vps-kvm.php

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • @Mario-SF said:

if the attack bypass the protection, you can give us a dump and we will filter it.

sounds good. do you allow sinusbots ? for team speak

• Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep

@amsaal said:

@Mario-SF said:

sounds good. do you allow sinusbots ? for team speak

Yes, no problem with that