Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS that aren't 5, 9 or 14-eyes countries - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS that aren't 5, 9 or 14-eyes countries

2»

Comments

• @raindog308 said: Is there a reason? Other than saying they're "freedom fighters" on their web page and they're "safeguarding civil rights" and such, is there anything specific about them? I mean, it could be just marketing...

1984 are pretty good as a provider. The thing is the OP hasn't specified why exactly they are trying to do this.

If you are going to post political commentary on Russia then the US might very well be 'bulletproof' for that, if you are going to post political commentary on the US then maybe you want RU or CN, if you want torrenting you ...[etc]

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • Key disclosure laws may apply: Estonia

Lol, no.

• Buffalo is pretty much bullet-proof.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @JoeMerit said:
    Buffalo is pretty much bullet-proof.

... From ipv6 DDOS.

• @seriesn said:
    What is eyes country?

i SEE what you did there

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Our eyes aren't real.

• @bdl said:

@seriesn said:
    What is eyes country?

i SEE what you did there

It has been seen!

• @debaser said: The first is the location: Iceland has great privacy laws and freedom of speech is practically infinite. Icelandic law also protects whistleblowers instead of just reporting them. Iceland itself is connected directly to Amsterdam, London and Canada, so your connection will be good as well.

Except 1984, are there other decent providers in Iceland?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308 said:

@jsg said: they'll gladly invent a rape accusation

On the spectrum between "the US pressured Sweden to covertly hire two women to invent a charge of rape against Assange" and "Assange is the kind of jerk who'd behave in exactly the way he was charged," I think time has shown that the latter is far more likely.

I'm about in the middle of that spectrum that is, I know that the swedish police and a leading DA have invented accusations and heavily bent facts, but I also think that Assange is not the white knight he is portrayed by some to be.

But that's not even my point anyway. My point is that Sweden has been bending over for the USA - and not just once in the Assange case but serially. Therefore Sweden can certainly not be assumed to be outside 14 eyes for hosting. And that was the topic.

(As you seem to be interested: wrt Assange I don't care too much, frankly. He had it coming, something very ugly had to happen sooner or later and from what (little) I know he seemed to be more concerned about being some kind of star than about OpSec, although he had serious warning bells ringing, e.g. that Domscheidt guy)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Pinvds.ru(Russian)
    Now.Top (Hong Kong)
    Swiss-vps.com(CH)

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited September 2020

Don’t worry , you are not important enough so these eyes don’t bother you. If you are important enough, your service providers will be paid off to sell you no matter what.

Just like the CCP buying off the West. “ You need power? we give you power , you need money? we give you money, you got them all? How about a fresh kidney and a couple of kids?”

• The x-eyes is a term introduced to me during the Snowden files publication. From what I know it refers to the fact that some western countries (e.g. the united states, UK, Australia, Germany) help spying each others citizens to circumvade legal issues related to spying on your own citizens. Since this kind of information isn't public you can never be sure the country you're hosting in isnt part of one of these agreements.

Also I consider it funny to recommend servers in russia or other countries where the government can spy on anyone anyway let alone the fact that you can only benefit from a law prohibiting spying on a countries own citizens if you become a citizen of the country, not just by hosting your stuff there.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@pike said:
    Also I consider it funny to recommend servers in russia or other countries where the government can spy on anyone anyway

Virtually every country can spy on their citizens, and many actually do (hint/e.g.: finfisher)

Btw. Looking at the available information Russia certainly isn't among the worst countries, unless one trusts - known to lie - american propaganda outlets media.

(No, my point isn't "Russia is great and a white knight". My point is that I hate libel, smearing, and propaganda blabla, no matter by or against whom).

Thanked by 2pike that_guy
  • Actually, I'm russian. Ahhhaaa

Thanked by 1pike
  • nomitakunomitaku Member
    edited September 2020

@SnowStylez said:
    Pinvds.ru(Russian)
    Now.Top (Hong Kong)
    Swiss-vps.com(CH)

Hong Kong has already become China. What can be worse than China in terms of privacy?

Thanked by 1SnowStylez
  • Switzerland might be your best bet in europe concerning general privacy.

• There all watching you, just show them a nice smile