Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
what shared hosting plan is better?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

what shared hosting plan is better?

i am not sure choosing between these two for a wordpress site. Could someone explain what are to consider? thank you.

  • Intel Xeon CPU E5-2660 0
    – 1 core CPU
    – 1GB RAM
    – 2048 IOPs
    – 25MB/s IO
    – 50 EP
    – 100 Processes

and

  • Intel Xeon CPU E3-1246 v3
    – 2 core CPU
    – 2GB RAM
    – 4096 IOPs
    – 10MB/s IO
    – 50 EP
    – 200 Processes

Comments

  • Personally, I will always favor the amount of ram, then the number of cores.

    :D Cyclothymic :disappointed:

  • @SteveMC said:
    Personally, I will always favor the amount of ram, then the number of cores.

    what about io and iops? is there a bare minimum?

  • @fawai said:
    i am not sure choosing between these two for a wordpress site. Could someone explain what are to consider? thank you.

    • Intel Xeon CPU E5-2660 0
      – 1 core CPU
      – 1GB RAM
      – 2048 IOPs
      – 25MB/s IO
      – 50 EP
      – 100 Processes

    and

    • Intel Xeon CPU E3-1246 v3
      – 2 core CPU
      – 2GB RAM
      – 4096 IOPs
      – 10MB/s IO
      – 50 EP
      – 200 Processes

    2nd plan is good but,
    In shared hosting company allow to upgrade Higher plan when your website consuming all resources so you can start with small also and upgrade later.

  • I would suggest somthing with more RAM idealy around 4GB would be best as wordpress will use that with the MySQL.

  • okay, thanks for your opinion. ram and then core

  • Comparing this two, 2nd is better.

    Web and VPS hosting - Top notch performance

  • @hostfactor said:
    Comparing this two, 2nd is better.

    i think so too but i am little bit worried about 10mb/s IO, wdyt?

  • @fawai said:

    @hostfactor said:
    Comparing this two, 2nd is better.

    i think so too but i am little bit worried about 10mb/s IO, wdyt?

    I preffer more ram.. 10mb/s IO is just "fine".

    Web and VPS hosting - Top notch performance

  • Yes, the IO "speed", is odd, in both cases, but I am not familiar with shared host.

    :D Cyclothymic :disappointed:

  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 25

    WP is cpu and ram hogging! especially if you are always using wp-admin area (that is your site is busy for updating new content) and gaining 500+ visitors a day! So more RAM and CPU is always recommended for smooth performance. I'll opt the 2nd option

    ★ Cheapest cPanel Hosting $1.49/mo (aff)
    ★ Lowest cost Shared, VPS, Dedicated (aff) | Thank me later! Have A Great Day

  • Abdullah7310Abdullah7310 Member, Provider

    Sure the second one if you plan Wordpress, mainly for the 2 cpu's which will be useful.
    10mb/s io looks fine for a small site.

Sign In or Register to comment.