Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba Cloud VPS € 1,00
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba Cloud VPS € 1,00

FYI

If anyone got the €1 VPS note that from this month onward they are charging €2.79

did that without any warning :neutral:

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

They sent out email every month for last few months

Please note that, from 1 August 2020, the prices for all active Cloud VPS – Server Smart services (details available on web page), including those already activated at lower prices and renewed until now at those prices – excluding those subject to recent promotions – will be updated.

Cloud VPS – Server Smart Small: €2.79 + VAT

Thanked by 2webcraft Ouji
  • I do get mail from them, but didn't get one like this.

• You missed their warning... they did send out atleast 2 or 3 mailers well in advance. Don't blame your laziness on the providers part.

• At least Gmail didn't block/filter their email. Blame your email service?

• @mehargags said:
    You missed their warning... they did send out atleast 2 or 3 mailers well in advance. Don't blame your laziness on the providers part.

Why you feel I am blaming

• Thanks guys, I only wanted to warn anyone who missed.

• You are welcome. Thanks for re-sharing the news.

• I got the mail. I just send EUR 10 or so in April or so. Then hesitated. Then ask to cancel a few days before the end of July (had to move a few domains).

I got a refund for all unused EUR within days

Looking back at Aruba, very smooth sailing on a high performing server for a few years. Excellent service.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • thx for info, time to cancel vps :neutral:

• lemonlemon Member
    edited September 2020

I didn't recieve that mail too, and I read every mail from them.
    Now my credit is -0,79€, the VPS is shut down. I dont know why auto top up didnt work, I use auto top up since the beginning.
    So strange, last invoice I got from them is a few days old, it shows 1€

well, gotta pay 1€ to boot it, look for any data thats not in the backup, and cancel that idle vm.

• PolicePolice Member
    edited September 2020

They didn't send me any email either. I've been with them since 2017.

• Then Aruba should go with MXroute for better email delivery..

• Or people should make sure their email address is accepting delivery, and their mail software is not overzealous w.r.t. spam...

• I received three email notification about the price change from their local website (The first one: May 28, Second one: June 29, Third: July 24). I was not happy for the price increase :/ (but who happy for it?). I have only one VM with them from Italy location, but decided to keep it (reliable, stable). This notifications maybe depend what (local) website has been used for ordering previously(?).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

As of now, you can still get stuff in the 1€ range, just need to search.

• frankygofrankygo Member
    edited September 2020

I think many peopl don´t know many things about Aruba

First thing por support

Second thing, increse the price more of 100 %, from 1 € yo 3 €, more or less betwen 2,79 €

Third, many problems with his billing system, the last time 2 times charge in my credit card the same amount and don´t give me refund, the poor support tell me put 2 times the credit, and don´t refund me, really nasty support, and rude

Fourth the servers have in many cases ping problems and down in some hours each day

Fiveth, the most poor i see in my life, some months ago, from billing contact me when charge money, i pay 20 € for some months, and 2 week more later, suspend me all vps, and don´t advise me, and tell me i need send my documents, i live in Europe, and never have any problems, the most crazy it´s this poor support from Aruba tell me 2 weeks more later that i need do this, and suspend me the service, and create me the worst experience i see in my life, i need call Italy, never answer tickets, the worst i see never.

Actually i only have 1 server, smart server VPS and go out from here this month, because it´s the worst provider i see in my life and 24/7 support it´s a joke, this it´s the same as OVH, support ?, where ? , no more, and up the price from 1 € to 2,79 € crazy, Aruba never more

• @frankygo said:

First thing por support

Second thing, increse the price more of 100 %, from 1 € yo 3 €, more or less betwen 2,79 €

Third, many problems with his billing system, the last time 2 times charge in my credit card the same amount and don´t give me refund, the poor support tell me put 2 times the credit, and don´t refund me, really nasty support, and rude

Fourth the servers have in many cases ping problems and down in some hours each day

Fiveth, the most poor i see in my life, some months ago, from billing contact me when charge money, i pay 20 € for some months, and 2 week more later, suspend me all vps, and don´t advise me, and tell me i need send my documents, i live in Europe, and never have any problems, the most crazy it´s this poor support from Aruba tell me 2 weeks more later that i need do this, and suspend me the service, and create me the worst experience i see in my life, i need call Italy, never answer tickets, the worst i see never.

Actually i only have 1 server, smart server VPS and go out from here this month, because it´s the worst provider i see in my life and 24/7 support it´s a joke, this it´s the same as OVH, support ?, where ? , no more, and up the price from 1 € to 2,79 € crazy, Aruba never more

I lost millions $$$ on this $1 vps

Sue aruba

• frankygofrankygo Member
    edited September 2020

@plumberg said:

@frankygo said:

First thing por support

I lost millions $$$ on this $1 vps

Sue aruba

Howewer you don´t lose money by 1 €, but in my case with 10 VPS i pay 1 € month and now i´ll must pay 28 € month, in my case good bye Aruba

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am pretty positive that Aruba wanted to let customers like yourself to leave.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @plumberg Hows the centos 8, ms teams, ms server stuff going? Perhaps spend more time cleaning up your house than giving another person grief in an attempt to fit in to the clique that always criticizes on here?

@Deank - glad to see you are getting more verbose than "the end is neigh"

Thanked by 1mikewazar

@Unbelievaable, ain't it.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited September 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    @plumberg Hows the centos 8, ms teams, ms server stuff going? Perhaps spend more time cleaning up your house than giving another person grief in an attempt to fit in to the clique that always criticizes on here?

Thanks for the note @Unbelievable

Coming here and crying about the price increase as its a "crime against humanity" is terrible. The provider did its due diligence to notify its customers of its change. It did not happen overnight.

If you don't like my comments, please feel free to move on.

• @deank said:
    I am pretty positive that Aruba wanted to let customers like yourself to leave.

Howewer i think you must go out of this forum if you don´t know answer or howewer if you haven´t some educational level for answer, i comment my experience with Aruba during years, because i use Aruba in different moments and in the last time i use Aruba Cloud and comment my experience, becasue i think VPS Aruba Cloud no good for professional use, poor suppor and poor experience with many things, your answer it´s pretty ridiculous and i think it´s the answer from fanboy or simple child

No need to get severely butthurt about it. It's the truth either way.

They were losing money on those dollar VPS. Their original aim of the cheap VPS was loss-leaders. I am sure they were also hoping that some'd purchase their higher priced plans but the opposite occurred.

In short, it was coming.

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

Dear @frankygo

Thank you for bringing to our attention this fact. We are very sorry you didn't have a positive experience with our Customer Care. The opinions of our customers are very important for us because we constantly strive to improve our customer service.

We invite you to contact again our support and explain the problem you have faced with the billing system. If you are still unable to get a refund, you can send us via PM your account details and we will request a check for you.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

Now from the other perspective @frankygo I have 2 of the formerly 25 CZK (1 Euro) VPS's from Forpsi which joined forces with Aruba Cloud at some point.

I have had nothing but good service from them.

I am so tempted to drop them because of the price increase, but I don't want to give up the stability -- as for the price increase, I see it as saving $4 every month for the past several years as I would have had to pay $5 anywhere else... so, for now I am sticking with them.

• @deank said:
    In short, it was coming.

It's already coming? The end was nigh, now it's coming?! We need refuge!

Anyone out there who could provide €1/month VPS? We need it now, more than ever.

• AmirGTAmirGT Member
    edited September 2020

@default said:
    It's already coming? The end was nigh, now it's coming?! We need refuge!

Anyone out there who could provide €1/month VPS? We need it now, more than ever.

I think Inception Hosting will do the job? Although it's not €1 but stable enough to worth the price. Or Server.IT if you want more RAM and unlimited bandwidth.