Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi flashsale ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi flashsale ?

Let's try again ... how long has it been since the last flash sale of Kimsufi ?

In general: I have the impression there were more flashsales from all kind of providers in the past ? Or am I wrong ?

Comments

• still waiting for them o:)

• they've been sold out more or less quite a few times recently, I dont think there is any incentive for KS to do any kind of sale unless they add some more inventory to their lines, which given the age of the hardware seems unlikely.

• @Adam1 said:
    they've been sold out more or less quite a few times recently, I dont think there is any incentive for KS to do any kind of sale unless they add some more inventory to their lines, which given the age of the hardware seems unlikely.

I have the impression there seems more stock (on most models) lately than there was before ...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2020

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1901sk21 ok

Intel i5-2300
    4c/4t @ 2.8GHz
    16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
    2T

12.99 + VAT + 9.99 SETUP + VAT

i3-2130 (1974), 8GB, 2TB HDD, Unlimited @ 100Mbit for 8.99€ in Beauharnois, Canada. Order: https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1804sk181

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

Indeed @Neoon
    KS-7 in BHS (40% off)
    KS-10 in FR (30% off)

recurring offers

Till 28th september 2PM GMT

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 LightBlade
  • @ninzo59 said:
    Indeed @Neoon
    KS-7 in BHS (40% off)
    KS-10 in FR (30% off)

recurring offers

is KS7 Identical with KS3c ? the spec sure looks the same. Are they the same ? how is kimsufi naming things anyway ?

• NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Indeed @Neoon
    KS-7 in BHS (40% off)
    KS-10 in FR (30% off)

recurring offers

is KS7 Identical with KS3c ? the spec sure looks the same. Are they the same ? how is kimsufi naming things anyway ?

Hello, I'm not sure about the KS7/KS3C but the KS10 once was the KS4C (as the sale link they've activated is from 2019 when it was branded as the KS4C) and the sale link for the KS7 seems to be the one from 2018 so definitely not new sales; just existing ones repeated over and over again - the same with SoYouStart.

Yea, KS7 is the old KS3C, KS10 is KS4, they just renamed it.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@ninzo59 a bit off topic, but will OVH be giving higher CPU VPS's please?

• 100mbit lol

Welcome to 2005

• @Shot2 said:
    100mbit lol

Welcome to 2005

you want to pay 10 bucks for dedicated server and wants to be 2030? lol .. :)

Thanked by 1Roldan
  • Thanks, I was hoping for one of the 2x2 TB drives though ...

• Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

• any of this the i5-3xxx or better?

@hzr said:
    any of this the i5-3xxx or better?

Well, if you are lucky, in CA your i3 can be upgraded to an i5-xxxxS.
    However, FR you likely end up with an i5-2300

• @Maluquinho69 said:
    Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

This and SyS prices havent been competitive for a long time now if you factor in everything.

• @Neoon said:
    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1901sk21 ok

Intel i5-2300
    4c/4t @ 2.8GHz
    16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
    2T

not that great
    I have exactly the same kimsufi server and I'm paying 10.99 for it.

• @Neoon said: Well, if you are lucky, in CA your i3 can be upgraded to an i5-xxxxS.

Are you sure that's the 7 and not the 10?

@hzr said:

@Neoon said: Well, if you are lucky, in CA your i3 can be upgraded to an i5-xxxxS.

Are you sure that's the 7 and not the 10?

I have one of these, where I pay for an i3 but got an i5, so yes.

• Damn. Guess I am not lucky several times in a row

• @Neoon said: I have one of these, where I pay for an i3 but got an i5

@hzr - I guess I've been lucky as well. From a previous sale, I have an I5-3570s and an I5-2400 and the price was actually only ~ €10 / month.

I'm hanging to them only because despite the 100Mbit NICs, they provide very consistent and reliable network throughput (at a steady 11 MB/s) pretty much on demand.

edited September 2020

@hzr said:
    Damn. Guess I am not lucky several times in a row

Well, some people even end up with 1 gig downlink.
    In the end its a gamble.

• @Neoon said: end up with 1 gig downlink.

Is that temporary and gets fixed or is it that it remains a 1G link (and only one side is it?).

Man, a KS with a 250Mbps+ link (preferably symmetric) will probably be a lifetime deal!

@nullnothere said:

@Neoon said: end up with 1 gig downlink.

Is that temporary and gets fixed or is it that it remains a 1G link (and only one side is it?).

Man, a KS with a 250Mbps+ link (preferably symmetric) will probably be a lifetime deal!

Likely a switch or such upgraded and they left the default settings.
    However, it does not look like, they care to reconfigure it.

• @serv_ee said:

@Maluquinho69 said:
    Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

This and SyS prices havent been competitive for a long time now if you factor in everything.

It's been a while since I was in the market - are there other companies in the under $20/mo dedicated space, or are you saying the value isn't there due to the aging hardware provided?

• @badreligion said:

@serv_ee said:

@Maluquinho69 said:

It's been a while since I was in the market - are there other companies in the under $20/mo dedicated space, or are you saying the value isn't there due to the aging hardware provided?

The sub $20 is Kimsufi. SyS is a whole other story. The offerings arent really that good in my personal opinion when I compare it to Hetzner/Auction

Thanked by 1badreligion
  • @serv_ee said:

@badreligion said:

@serv_ee said:

@Maluquinho69 said:

The sub $20 is Kimsufi. SyS is a whole other story. The offerings arent really that good in my personal opinion when I compare it to Hetzner/Auction

Especially because 250mbit at those prices is a joke, and OVH promised a doubling of SYS bandwidth in like, 2018?

• @nonissue said:

@serv_ee said:

@badreligion said:

@serv_ee said:

@Maluquinho69 said:

Especially because 250mbit at those prices is a joke, and OVH promised a doubling of SYS bandwidth in like, 2018?

That's one big factor but also hardware wise they are not really offering anything I can't get cheaper from hetzner. And don't get me started on their support lol

• In case somebody wants to have more details, mine was:

Intel i5-2300 / 4c/4t @ 2.8GHz /16GB DDR3 1333 MHz /2T

I received an i5-2400 ( very minor upgrade), 100Mbps (no upgrade), 2TB disk (model HUS726020ALA610) HGST Ultrastar® 7K6000.