Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Additional IP's on Kimsufi Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Additional IP's on Kimsufi Servers

Is it possible to order additional IP's on the Kimsufi 2013 range? Wanted to install Solus VM and have a play about with it and maybe install a few of my clients websites onto a partition but they have SSL's.

I would ask on OVH forums but I know I'd get a better response here lol.

Comments

• OVH don't allow extra IPs on KS 2013 range :/

• LeeLee Veteran

No additional IP's at all. If you want them change to the regular brand or use Nat.

• c0yc0y Member

You don't need dedicated IPs for SSL, since... 2001?

Thanked by 2Amfy InfiniteVPSRyan
  • @Frost said:
    You don't need dedicated IPs for SSL, since... 2001?

Doesn't work with IE 7/8 and Windows XP.

• If people continue to try to keep backwards compatibility to an OS that, quite honestly needs to GO AWAY, then nothing will ever progress. In my opinion, programs/websites should be designed to no longer be slaves to XP/ old IE versions. Then people using said old OS versions will move along to either Linux (for those who can't afford newer windows versions or new hardware) or a newer version of Windows.

• tuxtux Member

You can use more than one IPv6 address with Kimsufi 2013 series.

• @Magiobiwan said:

>

I agree with you here, but some places (for example, some school districts and some government agency etc) force their employees to use outdated operating systems and outdated browser (like IE 7/8). These organizations can't use Linux as some of their software is made only for Windows, and some can't afford to update a few hundred (if not thousands) of computers to the latest version of Windows. Not to mention some of that custom made software can only run on XP.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

@Magiobiwan said:
    If people continue to try to keep backwards compatibility to an OS that, quite honestly needs to GO AWAY, then nothing will ever progress. In my opinion, programs/websites should be designed to no longer be slaves to XP/ old IE versions. Then people using said old OS versions will move along to either Linux (for those who can't afford newer windows versions or new hardware) or a newer version of Windows.

There is nothing wrong with XP, stop bashing it all the time. Over 30% of people still use XP. I have it on all my 6+ machines and have no plans to upgrade, because:-

some of the older PC will not run Windows 8 or even lightweight linux OS

I have older software/scanners/printers that work perfectly on XP

I do not want to give any more money to Microshaft [i have 6 xp/vista licenses already]

I do not want to spend any more money on new computers when I already have enough

Most normal people don't need hex-core systems, after all they just browse the 'net, use Word and open some pdf's. All these apps work fine even with P4's!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

P4's pfff better would be atom because its more energy efficent.

edited August 2013

@Infinity580 said:
    P4's pfff better would be atom because its more energy efficent.

Better and cheaper to use an old P4 that you have lying about than buy a new Atom for a couple of hundred £££. Since most home users do not have the PC on 24/7, they will save money over the long term which they can put towards a real upgrade when they actually need it!

You're wasting a lot of energy with all those LEBs! Hope they're all Atoms!

Thanked by 1chauffer
  • c0yc0y Member

@asterisk said: Better and cheaper to use an old P4 that you have lying about than buy a new Atom for a couple of hundred £££

more like $99 for cpu + mobo (n2800)
    what happens when you run out of IDE drives?

edited August 2013

@asterisk14 you cant compare virtual server with dedicated atoms. Because i got one of 50 Servers on one dedicated.

edited August 2013

@Frost said:
    what happens when you run out of IDE drives?

My P4 mobo has 2 SATA and 2 IDE ports, and same IDE drives have been working for ~10 without problems! When they die, I'll use other IDE drives I have or switch to SATA. But >90% of the time I am on my laptop, the P4 is only used for printing/scanning etc...

@Infinity580 said:
    asterisk14 you cant compare virtual server with dedicated atoms. Because i got one of 50 Servers on one dedicated.

Have you got 50 servers on your Kimsufi? How? Do you use 1 IPv4 for all the 50 servers?

• tuxtux Member

@asterisk14 said:
    Have you got 50 servers on your Kimsufi? How? Do you use 1 IPv4 for all the 50 servers?

There are many IPv6 address.

• DrJinglesMDDrJinglesMD Member
    edited August 2013

@tux said:

KS 2013 only has 1 IPv6 address

• tuxtux Member

@DrJinglesMD said:

Are you sure?

@asterisk14 some mathematics: 1 Dedi and you sell to everyone a vps for 7$ per month so i got one of 50 VPS's on the machine.

• @DrJinglesMD said:

Bullshit!

Thanked by 2tux rm_
  • VPNVPN Member

Not bullshit lol. Comes with 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6. Check the specs on their website of you're unsure.

• tuxtux Member

@OkieDoke said:
    Not bullshit lol. Comes with 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6. Check the specs on their website of you're unsure.

Specs on their website site are wrong. You can configure more than one IPv6 address.

Thanked by 2rm_ marrco