Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No catchy title- limited promo 20% off : Singapore/NYC/Europe - Web and Reseller Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No catchy title- limited promo 20% off : Singapore/NYC/Europe - Web and Reseller Hosting

So, Um, Hi!

Don't let this be your homepage ;)

We (Nexus Bytes) kinda wanted to share a small announcement (there will be a major one next week, exciting stuffs ) and a nice little limited time discount on our Shared and Reseller Hosting.

So the announcement: We are super excited to announce the newest location for our Web and Reseller Hosting offering - Singapore. There's nothing crazy to add vs what you already know. Well there is this one little thing we added to make life easier for everyone:

• With Nexus Bytes Direct Admin powered web hosting, now end users and resellers can restore backup on their own. Option is available under Extra Features within DA management panel :)

• 20% limited recurring discount when you order Shared/Reseller Hosting with the following code: SGLaunch20 , valid only with Annual commitment. Code valid till EOM. Only applicable to new orders.

Features/Limits:

• CPU: Ryzen
  • Storage: NVME Storage
  • Domain: Unmetered
  • Subdomains: Unmetered
  • MySQL Databases: Unmetered
  • Email Accounts: Unmetered
  • FTP Accounts: Unmetered
  • Free SSL: Yes
  • Multiple PHP versions: Yes
  • Node.js: Yes
  • Python: Yes
  • SSH: Yes*
  • Daily backup: Yes
  • Self Restore Option: Yes
  • Drag and Drop site builder: Yes
  • Software Auto installer: Yes
  • CPU Limit: 100%
  • Memory: 1G
  • IO: 150MB/s
  • Process: 80
  • Inodes: 300000
  • Web Server: LiteSpeed
  • Control Panel: Directadmin

Thank you for reading :). We want you to join the family of happy members.

Comments

• I ordered twice, and twice refunded because my paypal is different than my email.

It asked to confirm the email, which I did, but apparently the link is not working. It just lead me to the invoice page which status has already refunded. So I am stuck. Can't really confirm the email, because the refund is instant. By the time I click the verifiy email button, the refund already processed.

Isn't this always the thing ? I believe @Francisco deal with the same problem with another customer, But then again, I have active service with him for a year. I paid using a different email paypal than my account. And so does dozen of provider.

Is this a new WHMCS rule ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yokowasis said: Is this a new WHMCS rule ?

WHMCS sets no rules.

Paypal does though when it comes to chargebacks and a providers ability to dispute things.

Even accounts with basically pristine histories like BuyVM's will have a hard time fighting some "item not delivered" chargebacks. In our case Paypal has simply eaten the cost and refunded the customer out of their own pocket, but that's always a case by case basis.

Francisco

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited September 2020

@Francisco said:

@yokowasis said: Is this a new WHMCS rule ?

WHMCS sets no rules.

Paypal does though when it comes to chargebacks and a providers ability to dispute things.

Even accounts with basically pristine histories like BuyVM's will have a hard time fighting some "item not delivered" chargebacks. In our case Paypal has simply eaten the cost and refunded the customer out of their own pocket, but that's always a case by case basis.

Francisco

So, in my case you just trusted me not doing a chargeback ? Or is this a new policy ? Because I haven't tried new provider for quite some times now.

Because I have that paypal for years. It has an email address yahoo ffs. I mean, who even use yahoo nowadays.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yokowasis said: So, in my case you just trusted me not doing a chargeback ? Or is this a new policy ? Because I haven't tried new provider for quite some times now.

Depends when you ordered and if you've ever had a lapse in services.

Earlier in the year we rolled out our 'Premier Status' which exempts you from any/all fraud checks as well as gives you automatic provisioning of new services.

If you had that when you placed your last order then yeah, it's basically a trust thing.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@yokowasis said: So, in my case you just trusted me not doing a chargeback ? Or is this a new policy ? Because I haven't tried new provider for quite some times now.

Earlier in the year we rolled out our 'Premier Status' which exempts you from any/all fraud checks as well as gives you automatic provisioning of new services.

If you had that when you placed your last order then yeah, it's basically a trust thing.

Francisco

Thanks for the explanation.

Now back to @seriesn, how should I proceed with my different than real life PayPal address?

• @seriesn said: SSH: Yes*

By request a ticket?

What is your daily average CPU usage limit? Any option to upgrade client's CPU resources?

• @yokowasis said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Thanks for the explanation.

Now back to @seriesn, how should I proceed with my different than real life PayPal address?

What's up boss, I think I found your order. Thank you for the interest. The thing is, can't process an order where the domain isn't like really yours and I know, you know, what I mean. We have to take small measurements to prevent bad people from getting access :(

Feel free to place another order if it isn't too much of an inconvenience with a different domain, will get you sorted :)

Regarding paypal, we use a slightly different method of verifying clients PayPal email ID when it doesn't match customers account, by sending an additonal email to the paypal email ID. Once confirmed, we simply bind the address with the clients account and let it go from there.

@Coffee said:

@seriesn said: SSH: Yes*

By request a ticket?

What is your daily average CPU usage limit? Any option to upgrade client's CPU resources?

Coffee, my favorite thing in the morning, Hi,

By ticket, yes and only the 1G plan doesn't include SSH access. :)

CPU limits are displayed on the package description and not relay flexible in terms of customization. if you have an user, that's consistently hitting cpu limits, they are better suited for VPS or higher plan :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @seriesn said: 1G plan

Forgot to mention that the question is about reseller packages. So, one ticket to enable all account SSH access (including future account), or per client (only existing account)?
    I only use SSH for wget the backup files.

@seriesn said: consistently hitting cpu limits

I mean average usage like this https://i.imgur.com/yvVSubM.jpg
    What if it goes beyond 30, or 40%. Will you suspend it? Or will you keep it online, send me a ticket and say, hey..upgrade to VPS...NOW.

Let say I have 10 accounts with average CPU usage 5%-20% per account. If I move it all to a single VPS, doesn't that make it >100% CPU usage? I need dedicated core then? :/

• @Coffee said:

@seriesn said: 1G plan

Forgot to mention that the question is about reseller packages. So, one ticket to enable all account SSH access (including future account), or per client (only existing account)?
    I only use SSH for wget the backup files.

1 time setup for the reseller account and good for all your end user from that point on :)

@seriesn said: consistently hitting cpu limits

I mean average usage like this https://i.imgur.com/yvVSubM.jpg
    What if it goes beyond 30, or 40%. Will you suspend it? Or will you keep it online, send me a ticket and say, hey..upgrade to VPS...NOW.

Let say I have 10 accounts with average CPU usage 5%-20% per account. If I move it all to a single VPS, doesn't that make it >100% CPU usage? I need dedicated core then? :/

We care about our end users and their business. I know the feelings of getting suspended randomly without any notification and waiting hours to get a simple response or even days to have the option to rectify it. Hence we don’t do suspensions without notifying our direct customers.

Limit is per user and if it becomes “too much” to a point it’s impacting your neighbors, we will notify you. Only time direct suspension takes effect is when we notice major TOS violation, such as contents that are unholy, spam etc.

Hope that helps :)

• @seriesn said:

What's up boss, I think I found your order. Thank you for the interest. The thing is, can't process an order where the domain isn't like really yours and I know, you know, what I mean. We have to take small measurements to prevent bad people from getting access :(

Feel free to place another order if it isn't too much of an inconvenience with a different domain, will get you sorted :)

Sorry, I don't know if that's a thing. I mean you can't really verify if a domain is mine or not. Except of course if it's an obvious one like google.com.

Just reordered. I will let you know if it's get refunded. Thanks.

• @yokowasis said: bvious one like google.com.

I meant exactly that. Controlling what is controllable haha.

Welcome to the Family <3

• Do you have litespeed cache enabled?

• @hiphiphip0 said:
    Do you have litespeed cache enabled?

LSCache? Yes.
    LiteMage? No.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • His reseller hosting is absolutely awesome <3!

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Sure, sure. Then 1 minute of downtime - > The worst hosting ever.

Thanked by 3imok poisson skorous
  • @deank said:

Wait for @Neoon and his 10 second monitoring tool.

• What is the * next to SSH?

Can guarantee 3 Mbps to Australia?

I am wondering if anyone knows how well Node.js or Python works in Directadmin, it's unusable and nonexistent in cpanel. Does directadmin just assign you a localhost port to bind or something, does it auto-restart your js daemons?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2020

@imok said:

@deank said:

Wait for @Neoon and his 10 second monitoring tool.

Yes, https://github.com/Ne00n/Night-Sky can do 10s interval if you want.
    Since I added this peace of magic to github, I always dreamed of a 10s downtime shitpost on LET, maybe one day my dream will become true.

• what is the problem to use different e-mailadress for paypal and for hosting? i think it makes sense to use different e-mailadresses.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

A big no-no in this industry.

• @g4m3r said:
    His reseller hosting is absolutely awesome <3!

Thanks Fam! <3> @1606234 said:

What is the * next to SSH?

Requires ticket and only 1 plan doesn't include SSH :)

Err. Umm. ......

I am wondering if anyone knows how well Node.js or Python works in Directadmin, it's unusable and nonexistent in cpanel. Does directadmin just assign you a localhost port to bind or something, does it auto-restart your js daemons?

The technology is the same: https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002668234-CloudLinux-Node-js-Selector-FAQ

• @hyperblast said:
    what is the problem to use different e-mailadress for paypal and for hosting? i think it makes sense to use different e-mailadresses.

You can signup with a different email, in that case, we send a verification email to paypal email address and bind it back :). So all good :)

Thanked by 2hyperblast vimalware
  • @seriesn said:

Damn :p I did not know it was a joke.... I really stayed for 10 seconds to see if there would be a high-res photo coming up..... :/ :/

• Just port in with the Singapore Hosting and it works well.
    Support is good and fast as long as you have provided enough technical details.
    Definitely will not look back at Virmach. (I guess OP know who am I, lol)

Thanked by 2CasualCanvas seriesn
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@seriesn over here trolling us with that loading screen. :|

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @1606234 said:
    What is the * next to SSH?

Anyway to bench / test node.js apps ? I can bench it for you. I too wondering about this.

• @swat4 said:

@seriesn said:

Damn :p I did not know it was a joke.... I really stayed for 10 seconds to see if there would be a high-res photo coming up..... :/ :/

Huehuehue

• @Jounouchi said:
    Just port in with the Singapore Hosting and it works well.
    Support is good and fast as long as you have provided enough technical details.
    Definitely will not look back at Virmach. (I guess OP know who am I, lol)

AHA!

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
  • @seriesn said:

AHA!

:D :D :D :D

• Shameless bump.

@seriesn said: 20% limited recurring discount when you order Shared/Reseller Hosting with the following code: SGLaunch20 , valid only with Annual commitment. Code valid till EOM. Only applicable to new orders.

Promo expires in 4 days :)