Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wordpress.com Business Plan - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wordpress.com Business Plan

2»

Comments

• @yokowasis said:
    not possible. Most queries is sending students answer to the server. The read queries get cached by the bunnycdn anyway.

then you do it the wrong way.

• @sibaper said:

@yokowasis said:
    not possible. Most queries is sending students answer to the server. The read queries get cached by the bunnycdn anyway.

then you do it the wrong way.

what's the right way ?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@angelius said:

@yokowasis said:
    To put things in perspective, my service could bring down the likes of cloudjiffy server to its knee. To the point that they need to shutdown my service, because it's affecting the host node. Even crashing and corrupting the NFS and the Database node, to the point that I can't mount / use it anymore.

Really? Cloud Jiffy is running on Jelastic that should guarantee host node protection

Never underestimate the ability of one out of a million customers to bring down that which is supposedly safe from being brought down 😂

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Ajax triggering nodejs sounds rough to me. When I worked at HostGator I’d spend a lot of time trying to make difficult Wordpress sites function and perform reasonably in their environments. The ones that I gave up on usually used ajax to perform back end actions that couldn’t be cached by any plugin. Especially if the Ajax wasn’t behind a login and could be triggered by spiders, they’d be brought down by stacking SQL queries without traffic.

Honestly it sounds to me like you’ve outgrown Wordpress and that this may be profitable enough for you to consider a web developer. Frankly, developing a web application that handles these tasks for you in a way that was written from the ground up to handle the intended workloads could reduce your overhead from “I need a giant dedicated server” to “a slice from Fran will do.”

From the sound of it you’re vertically scaling into a death sentence, delaying it further and further by throwing cash at it.

Thanked by 3pbx eva2000 vimalware
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited September 2020

@jar said:
    Ajax triggering nodejs sounds rough to me. When I worked at HostGator I’d spend a lot of time trying to make difficult Wordpress sites function and perform reasonably in their environments. The ones that I gave up on usually used ajax to perform back end actions that couldn’t be cached by any plugin. Especially if the Ajax wasn’t behind a login and could be triggered by spiders, they’d be brought down by stacking SQL queries without traffic.

Honestly it sounds to me like you’ve outgrown Wordpress and that this may be profitable enough for you to consider a web developer. Frankly, developing a web application that handles these tasks for you in a way that was written from the ground up to handle the intended workloads could reduce your overhead from “I need a giant dedicated server” to “a slice from Fran will do.”

From the sound of it you’re vertically scaling into a death sentence, delaying it further and further by throwing cash at it.

Unfortunately the wordpress is my bread and butter application. It's my application unique selling point. As of right now I have separated my application into a few microservices, so basically the wordpress part is for only serving content. Complicated logic can be offloaded into another server on another DC, on another continent.

As off right now perhaps I am delaying the inevitable, I just literally need to buy some time, until I can convert my application database from mysql into firebase.

My initial intent is just use wordpress.com / php / mysql for all the logic, and heavylifting. But based on input from LET member, they will probably suspend me for that. Thus, my next plan is just to combine wordpress.com to serve content, and google firebase / cloud function for the logic.

In the past, I have tried serving content using free account wordpress.com for 10k concurrent user, and it works just fine. So, I guess if it's just for serving (static) content, wordpress.com is enough for me.

• @yokowasis said: mostly coming from mysql handling both php-fpm and nodejs connection.

Well redis server isn't just for read caching. You could use redis server as a write queue buffer like database for answered questions which then a cronjob like timer get batch committed to MySQL InnoDB database. Could work I suspect as answered questions won't have their data relied upon by others in the delayed batch writebacks. Redis server ends up like a read/write proxy to MySQL server.

edited September 2020

@eva2000 said:

@yokowasis said: mostly coming from mysql handling both php-fpm and nodejs connection.

Well redis server isn't just for read caching. You could use redis server as a write queue buffer like database for answered questions which then a cronjob like timer get batch committed to MySQL InnoDB database. Could work I suspect as answered questions won't have their data relied upon by others in the delayed batch writebacks. Redis server ends up like a read/write proxy to MySQL server.

This is actually a good idea. Thanks. I will consider using it. It will reduce the write to the database dramaticallly.

edited September 2020

To put things into perspective, console log everytime a student is login

this is currently serve 10k concurrent user, with 2 dedicated server. 1 Server (E5645) solely for wordpress, and the other (E5620) is for backend / database / logic. It's only logging login / logout activity. It's even more busier if logging the students activity after they logged in.

As of right now the load is between 50% and 80%. I am considering moving to hetzner axline, but when I need it, nobody post about server transfer :(

• Are you allowed to upload your own custom plugins/themes on wordpress.com plan?

• @laoban goto wordpress.com, click on pricing, click on start with business and read

• @laoban said:
    Are you allowed to upload your own custom plugins/themes on wordpress.com plan?

Previously it's not allowed. With the -relatively- new Business Plan, you can upload your own plugin / theme.

Thanked by 1laoban
  • @yokowasis said:
    Indonesia

have you ever heard about citrahost.com? it's my fav hosting.

• @blackhiden said:

@yokowasis said:
    Indonesia

have you ever heard about citrahost.com? it's my fav hosting.

Shared hosting cant even sustain 200 concurrent user. Let alone 20K users.