Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH wrongly cancelled my VPS, is there any way to protect my rights? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH wrongly cancelled my VPS, is there any way to protect my rights?

2»

Comments

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2020

@raindog308 said:

@LTniger said: Billions was lost and major law suite is a must. /s

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lowendlols-billions-per-hour/

I thought you were going to make the comic clickable so mobile users can see the other half?

Edit: also, don't you need to include the incorrectly spelled "loosing" to complete the joke?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@TimboJones said: I thought you were going to make the comic clickable so mobile users can see the other half?

Sorry, I thought I'd updated them all. Fixed it. If you click on the comic, it should open the full-sized version. Or there's a link below it that says "Full Size".

• Seems Fair

• @raindog308 said :

@TimboJones said: I thought you were going to make the comic clickable so mobile users can see the other half?

Sorry, I thought I'd updated them all. Fixed it. If you click on the comic, it should open the full-sized version. Or there's a link below it that says "Full Size".

Thanks. cough Jersey became sentient and started a store? Typos change meaning. :p

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

However, I have one question here , is it that OVH support is so busy or short in staff that they mostly decides to not read full message. I am sure OP has sent them mail informing about the previous owner of IP being the actual abuser. But still they overlooked which is also confirmed by @OVH_APAC here. Is it that they actually ignores mail or they have too much work to do and mails get slipped through somehow ?

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hello @Saahib ,
    OVHcloud support does not ignore tickets despite beeing a busy team and this team has been growing lately (I can only talk for APAC region for instance where we have additional teams based in India for tech support too now, and Singapore for sales support + Australia).
    Regarding the case above, this is a unfortunate mistake from our Abuse team which they have apologized for; OVHcloud support team handled the communications with the client.

For more info about our various levels of support: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/support-levels/

• @OVH_APAC said:
    Hello @Saahib ,
    OVHcloud support does not ignore tickets despite beeing a busy team and this team has been growing lately (I can only talk for APAC region for instance where we have additional teams based in India for tech support too now, and Singapore for sales support + Australia).
    Regarding the case above, this is a unfortunate mistake from our Abuse team which they have apologized for; OVHcloud support team handled the communications with the client.

For more info about our various levels of support: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/support-levels/

Has happened to me as well, got a phishing website alert like three times, I took it down on the first warning and I have gotten replies of : Oh you must shut it down within 24 hours. I just answer telling them it has already been shut down and then I get another warning again.

Has happened several times were I take sites down and vm's but they still complaint. Their anti-hack also has a bit of false positives on legit customers, so, I kind of waste time investigating their claims.

• This is appalling on part of OVH... They are a big 'organization' and they cannot be such irresponsible, period! Even Online.net (scaleway now) have called up and given such issues due diligence when needed instead of just wiping off customer's VM.

And to those dickheads trolling Billions was lost.. I say f*ck you in the face. You show that you are neither professional, nor you have any such experience hosting serious business data. Every person's data is important for himself and even if he has full backups and everything, getting onboard with a new provider, getting new VM provisioned, setting up the server, restoring data and then verifying everything is working fine is a big big hassle.

@jackywood I feel your pain brother. Admittance of mistake and apology from OVH is a good thing or else I'm sure thousands of customers are going to feel unsafe very soon.

• @mehargags said:
    This is appalling on part of OVH... They are a big 'organization' and they cannot be such irresponsible, period! Even Online.net (scaleway now) have called up and given such issues due diligence when needed instead of just wiping off customer's VM.

And to those dickheads trolling Billions was lost.. I say f*ck you in the face. You show that you are neither professional, nor you have any such experience hosting serious business data. Every person's data is important for himself and even if he has full backups and everything, getting onboard with a new provider, getting new VM provisioned, setting up the server, restoring data and then verifying everything is working fine is a big big hassle.

@jackywood I feel your pain brother. Admittance of mistake and apology from OVH is a good thing or else I'm sure thousands of customers are going to feel unsafe very soon.

Thank you for your understanding and support, brother.

I hope what happened to me was just an accident and no one else will encounter it in the future.